[May 21, 2024, 11:51:36 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Prince Fielder going to Cubs.  (Read 5466 times)

cheebs09

• All American
Re: Prince Fielder going to Cubs.
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 05:05:25 PM »
Prince offered 7 years for 116M.

Kemp offered 8 years for 120M by Dodgers.

What is Puljos worth??????????

Kemp is actually 8 years 160 million. The only ways I see Prince signing before December is if someone offers him a ridiculous amount, like his 8 year 200 million demand or if it is with the Brewers. Even for that much I'm sure he would see if there's another offer. I also think there is less than a 1% chance he signs with the Brewers. So I would be very surprised if this is true, and disappointed as a Brewers fan. I'm hoping he goes to the AL.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2011, 03:45:05 PM »
Theo Epstein is too saavy to commit that much $$ to Prince when he has so many needs.

I don't wish Prince a bad deal, I would love it if Scott Boras ate a sh*t sandwich

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2011, 04:15:33 PM »
Theo Epstein is too saavy to commit that much $$ to Prince when he has so many needs.

I don't know about that.  His free agent signings historically are awful and so are his trades.  It's his ability to evaluate young talent and draft incredibly well that has allowed him the success he has had.  He builds from within the organization, which is why, as a Brewers fan, I am not so scared of the Cubs for the next 2-4 years, but I am worried about what they'll do after the next 5 years.  They obviously have the payroll, now they have the front office to do it.  It will just take a few years.  Maybe I'll be proven wrong though.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

reinko

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2011, 08:16:28 PM »

I don't wish Prince a bad deal, I would love it if Scott Boras ate a sh*t sandwich

Julio Lugo, Matt Clement, David Wells, Carl Crawford, JD Drew, Edgar Renteria, and John Lackey totally agree you.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2011, 10:51:45 PM »
I'm thinking you need a more reliable source...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jon_heyman/11/21/free.agents/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_wr_a1

2. Prince Fielder. Brewers owner Mark Attanasio met with agent Fielder's agent, Scott Boras, in Milwaukee but nearly everyone believes the Brewers remain a long shot to retain their cleanup hitter. Fielder offered to stay for eight years and $176 million a couple years ago. But the target surely has climbed since then. The asking price is believed to be $200 million for eight years, which would give him the same annual salary as Phillies' slugging first baseman Ryan Howard. The Nationals, Mariners, Rangers, Orioles and Cubs are viewed as among the possibilities for Fielder. Projection: $195 million, eight years.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 03:01:25 PM »

JD

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 06:52:06 PM »
At least your source was within $100 million...

Not bad.  I've seen worse predictions in here from (Sources)
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL