[Today at 07:42:19 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JTJ3
[Today at 06:35:06 AM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Spanish O'Douchebags, please, PLEASE stop  (Read 7324 times)

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
Re: Spanish O'Douchebags, please, PLEASE stop
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 12:59:55 PM »
We're all a bit older now, but I can tell you that if we were still in college, Chicos would have been best friends with these guys, ZFB would have dated one or more of them, and I would have punched them. 

Would you care to discuss your anger management issues?  Let's talk.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 01:10:23 PM »
Would you care to discuss your anger management issues?  Let's talk.

No anger issues here, my friend.  I was talking donkey punch.  I can tell the OD's love it.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 01:57:03 PM »
Now that the season is over, we can focus our full attention on stopping these monsters.

Won't someone think of the children?

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 03:02:23 PM »
Ringout,
If a prospective student decides to go Loyola-Chicago, Depaul, SLU, or wherever because of these videos, I don't want someone with such poor judgement, and bothered by the most inconsequential thing eventually representing my university with a diploma out in the world.

I agree.  If a prospective student was at a stage where they were making serious choices, they darn well better not care about the SODs.  I am talking about kids who are in the early stages, and have maybe 15-20 schools they are looking at.  Anything that rubs them the wrong way, gone.  I know of kids that have scratched schools off their list for stupid stuff.  When you have a long list, you need to start somewhere.

mu2031

• Walk-On
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 10:50:37 PM »
I know this might be hard to believe for some of you, but did you ever entertain the possibility that a recruit could have an opposite reaction to these videos? By that I mean that a recruit might look at Marquette and watch a video and see that the fan base is so hyped with the team that they put together clever, polished, and widely-viewed videos, videos that are clearly supported by both the team and alumni in the NBA? That it might be a signal to a potential candidate that the fans really care? That they may, in fact, potentially see the team jamming in the gym with the SODs and think, "Cool."

Just saying, it is possible.

mu2031

• Walk-On
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 10:53:50 PM »
That being said, I still maintain that they could have used another 48 hours at least to work on Buzzin' before it was put out...not their best work.

But seriously, I think these guys overall are fairly inconsequential, and if anything probably do more good than bad for Marquette. Students love them. You know, no homo...

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2011, 11:04:17 AM »
I know this might be hard to believe for some of you, but did you ever entertain the possibility that a recruit could have an opposite reaction to these videos? By that I mean that a recruit might look at Marquette and watch a video and see that the fan base is so hyped with the team that they put together clever, polished, and widely-viewed videos, videos that are clearly supported by both the team and alumni in the NBA? That it might be a signal to a potential candidate that the fans really care? That they may, in fact, potentially see the team jamming in the gym with the SODs and think, "Cool."

Just saying, it is possible.

No... its not.