collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tan Tommy Watch  (Read 7612 times)

mu-rara

• All American
Re: Tan Tommy Watch
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 12:36:50 PM »
coming from the:  He did well for MU, but I'm glad he's gone camp:

SHEESH.  Leave the man alone.  I will not shed tears if he get's shot in the back by IU fans, but I am not rooting for his demise either.

Unless you have something new or particularly funny or insightful, leave it alone.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 01:22:54 PM »
Wade won 1 game in that tournament, the Kentucky game.   Diener carried us the first two rounds and Novak going off saved us against Mizzou.  

I'm not joining this argument, I just wanted to make a clarification here.  The first two games were Holy Cross and Missouri.  Then Pitt and UK.  Wade definitely didn't have a great games in the first one (15 pts), but was pretty good in each of the next three, at least scoring wise (24, 22, and 29).  However, they needed the whole team to win all those games, DWade was just the catalyst most of the time.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 04:01:52 PM »
Wade won 1 game in that tournament, the Kentucky game.   Diener carried us the first two rounds and Novak going off saved us against Mizzou.   Crean was hired at IU because he had a track record of running a clean program, of promoting the hell out of that clean program, going to a FF, and surpassing expectations when MU joined the BEast.   The powers that be wanted the anti-Sampson, anti-Davis.    They got it.   He has basically STARTED A PROGRAM FROM SCRATCH in one of the lower tier  ;D ;D ;D BCS basketball conferences.   And he is doing it in the crucible of some of the most rabid fans in all of college hoops.   He is going to be there awhile, and he is going to have success.   IMO, he doesn't win a B10 title, NCAA championship, or even FF for several years, if at all.  He could catch lighning in a bottle again, though.     But at worst, he cleans things up and lays the groundwork for somebody who will take them back to a top 5 program.    He did good things at MU.    What he is going through now is karma/punishment enough for how he left.   Let the man be.  

CUSA wasn't/isn't BCS...

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 04:08:38 PM »
CUSA wasn't/isn't BCS...

I believe he was referring to Indiana and the Big Ten.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 04:40:16 PM »
Dwayne Wade took MU to the Final Four.  End of story.  And Crean wasn't even his primary recruiter - Kowalycz identified D-Wade.  Lastly, if Crean were any kind of coach, he would have found a way to slow the bleeding and NOT have us get humiliated and embarrased at the Final Four. 

Stop, that's beyond ridiculous on so many levels.  You're hatred again is proving to be absurd.

So Wade was the reason MU got to the final four but Crean was the reason we lost to Kansas. Brilliance.  It's funny how the players on that team don't agree with you, I wonder why.  Go figure.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2010, 05:16:24 PM »
I believe he was referring to Indiana and the Big Ten.

Correct.   Mocking the B10 by calling it a lower level BCS basketball conference.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

LCDutchman

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2010, 05:26:26 PM »
Pat Knight would win 15 games with the team Crean has.  Gene Keady being at Purdue was the only reason DJ came to MU.  Ironically, Wes Mathews, who only flurished under Buzz was the best recruit Crean ever had.  Crean will resign at the end of the next year and become a salesman at Direct TV
In heaven Marquette always beats Wisconsin