collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Who will win in the UEFA final?

Manchester United
10 (33.3%)
Barcelona
12 (40%)
I love pancakes
8 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Man U or Barca in the UEFA final today?  (Read 8039 times)

ATWizJr

• All American
Man U or Barca in the UEFA final today?
« on: May 27, 2009, 01:13:33 PM »
Man U to repeat.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Re: Man U or Barca in the UEFA final today?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 01:43:53 PM »
Man U.

And I prefer cupcakes to pancakes.  Especially in November and December.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 02:08:39 PM »
BARCA!

Already 1-0 up on ManUre.

Come on la Blaugrana!

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 02:15:34 PM »
Against any team with Ronaldo on it.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 02:42:44 PM »
Man U.  Ronaldo is simply amazing to watch

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 03:16:06 PM »
ay yay yay!  or even oy vey!

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »
 ;D

Messi should put it away. 2-0 to Barca!

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 04:27:15 PM »
gotta love seeing those Mancs lose.  After the experiences I've had with their fan base American fan base, not much makes me more happy when it comes to football.  Well done to Barca. Took over control of the game once they got their opening goal.

JoeSmith1721

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 04:28:46 PM »
Barca was just better today even if Man United is the better team.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 11:44:06 AM »
the only reason they used ManU, Ari, is because most Americans only know the teams that ESPN shows. While they have an amazing side filled w/ talent, and maybe one of the greatest teams ever assembled, as of yesterday, they are the second best team in Europe.  F*@#$! Mancs

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 11:45:27 AM »
the only reason they used ManU, Ari, is because most Americans only know the teams that ESPN shows. While they have an amazing side filled w/ talent, and maybe one of the greatest teams ever assembled, as of yesterday, they are the second best team in Europe.  F*@#$! Mancs

They were 2 or 3 lucky goals away from being the second best side in England too...

*Bitter Liverpool supporter*

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 11:49:39 AM »
They were 2 or 3 lucky goals away from being the second best side in England too...

you got a bit of consolation by getting the win against us in the last week and avoiding the play-in to the Champions League next year.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 11:55:44 AM »

For the record I've been a ManU fan since FIFA 2004 for PS2 at least. I'd score like 8 goals a game with Ruud van Nistelrooy -who was cooler than Beckham.

I'm more of a Football League Championship fan... Where my Cardiff City Bluebird fans at?

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 12:52:06 PM »
I'll give you some dap for supporting Cardiff. One of the Championship sides I've pulled for the last few years after watching them in the FA Cup.  Just hate the many many people around Mke and the US in general that I've run into w/ ManU kits on who know a few players and know their position in the table but can't tell you anything about their history or how they play the game other than they win.

LON

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 01:08:20 PM »
I've liked Liverpool ever since Formula 51...

Liiiiivvvverrrpool, Liiiiivvvverrrpool

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 02:08:11 PM »
Too bad ManU decided not to show up for the match.
Boring game- no midfield and couldn't get ball forward. I felt sorry for the forwards
Congrats FCB

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 03:57:54 PM »

I know next to nothing about European soccer other than Liverpool FC is real cool for being featured in a Pink Floyd song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvPiv7F1lfE

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 07:16:33 PM »
Wow good to see the support from MUfan12 and LancesOtherNut in this thread.  I thought we were fewer and further between than that.  You'll never walk alone.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 02:55:59 PM »
Wow good to see the support from MUfan12 and LancesOtherNut in this thread.  I thought we were fewer and further between than that.  You'll never walk alone.

+1

MU_all_over

• Walk-On
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 03:31:32 PM »
I didn't think Man U would win, but I thought they would at least show up to play. Instead I skipped work to watch a pretty boring game.

Now to watch my boy Timmy Howard and Everton win the the FA Cup tomorrow! Man I hate Chelsea.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 05:05:53 PM »
I didn't think Man U would win, but I thought they would at least show up to play. Instead I skipped work to watch a pretty boring game.

Now to watch my boy Timmy Howard and Everton win the the FA Cup tomorrow! Man I hate Chelsea.

Ditto.  Too bad the match didn't go that way today.

IAmMarquette, LancesOtherNut, and MUfan12, do you guys know of any good bars in Milwaukee to watch Liverpool FC?

Highbury seems to always be packed with Arsenal and Man U fans from what I hear, and I haven't heard much about Nomad's big crowds.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009, 11:35:44 PM »
From a Tottenham fan, the Highbury is generally packed w/ Arsenal and ManU fans w/e those teams are playing but all in all a great experience almost any time i go.  The Liverpool support there is pretty good too.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2009, 10:37:54 AM »

IAmMarquette, LancesOtherNut, and MUfan12, do you guys know of any good bars in Milwaukee to watch Liverpool FC?

Highbury seems to always be packed with Arsenal and Man U fans from what I hear, and I haven't heard much about Nomad's big crowds.

Never been to the Nomad, but I believe the ownership are Liverpool fans. There's some Liverpool stuff in there. The Highbury is a good time, and chances are they'll have the match on. There's a good LFC contingent there. Really the only group thats obnoxious are the Manure fans, the Arsenal crowd is good.

And there's the lone Chelsea supporter... haha

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009, 02:16:51 PM »
Never been to the Nomad, but I believe the ownership are Liverpool fans. There's some Liverpool stuff in there. The Highbury is a good time, and chances are they'll have the match on. There's a good LFC contingent there. Really the only group thats obnoxious are the Manure fans, the Arsenal crowd is good.

And there's the lone Chelsea supporter... haha

I've been to the Nomad often (it's just a few places down from my apartment) but never during a game.  On Tuesday's and Wednesday's for UEFA they would have little Ball plant holders to encourage people who can watch the afternoon games to come in.

They also post the League matches on a dry erase board that they will be showing.  Just another option to watch a match, but like I said I've never been there for a match.
Marquette University, Spring '08

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 11:02:46 AM »
I've been to the Nomad often (it's just a few places down from my apartment) but never during a game.  On Tuesday's and Wednesday's for UEFA they would have little Ball plant holders to encourage people who can watch the afternoon games to come in.

Same here... I can easily walk there, but for some reason have never tried it out. I'll have to give it a shot come August.

LON

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 11:32:10 AM »

Since it is so close to my house, I go to Nomad for my Prem fix.  Plus, $5 for a PBR, shot of Jamo, and a grit  really can't be beat.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 11:38:18 AM »
Supposedly I got kicked out of the Nomad once, not really sure.  It seemed like a nice place though. ;)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 11:39:22 AM »
Since it is so close to my house, I go to Nomad for my Prem fix.  Plus, $5 for a PBR, shot of Jamo, and a grit  really can't be beat.

How's the crowd usually? If there's a good atmosphere I could easily move my footy establishment allegiance.

LON

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2009, 12:40:31 PM »
How's the crowd usually? If there's a good atmosphere I could easily move my footy establishment allegiance.

The crowd is usually pretty good, I enjoy going to that place on Friday or Saturday nights as well. 

If you go there for a match chances are that is why everyone else is there too.

I haven't caught a match there in a while though...

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2009, 02:07:38 PM »
Never been to Nomad, but my brother (Chelsea fan) tells me it's a decent place to watch a match. The only time I've been to Highbury was during the '06 World Cup, England v. Portugal (great match), and I had a blast, even with the one douche who wouldn't shut up about how much David Beckham "sucks."

MilWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 01:37:33 AM »
Gerrard. That is all.

feedback