'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam Hauser #114 vs. Kon Knuepel #22...  (Read 5370 times)

duanewade

• Team Captain
Sam Hauser #114 vs. Kon Knuepel #22...
« on: September 07, 2023, 03:22:40 PM »
Sam was a legit 6'8 with very elite shooting and broad shoulders that allowed him to be an effective rebounder as well.   

Kon is 6'5, appears to be a very good shooter also, sturdy build but not tall enough or athletic enough to be an effective down low player.  Kon appears to be more effective at creating his own shot than Sam and maybe a better passer as well.  Kon also shows some sneaky athleticism/cleverness around the basket that Sam never showed. 

Both players are good kids with very high basketball IQ's and could/can help any program in any number of capacities.  But the wide discrepancy in ratings just shows that hype factors over-rate and under-rate some players on even known factors.  Unknown factors will always be an issue in recruiting as no one knows if a kid will continue to develop or if they already reached their peak.  It's also impossible to know how hard a kid will work over the next 3 to 4 years in reaching their full potential or not. 

Having said the above, if Kon wants to come (I doubt it as I think it will be Virginia or somewhere else) take him but I don't think he brings more to the table than even Zaide Lowery.  Zaide has a similar game and height to Kon but is also uber-athletic in comparison to Kon and probably a much better defender. 

Trying to force playing time for Kon next year could lead to some internal acrimony, especially if he's not clearly better than other players. 

Sometimes the best recruiting "wins" are on the players you miss out on (i.e.: the Bobby Frasor "miss" led to Dominique James).  If Shaka doesn't believe in the portal as he rather be loyal to his own recruits then that rule should also apply to not trying to over-sign players when you have potentially great players already in waiting. 🤷‍♂️

https://247sports.com/player/sam-hauser-31242/high-school-50845/

https://247sports.com/player/kon-knueppel-46115296/
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 03:30:49 PM by duanewade »

Its DJOver

• All American
Re: Sam Hauser #114 vs. Kon Knuepel #22...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2023, 03:25:41 PM »
This sounds awful close to "Bo cooled on him".  We should be better.

I trust Shaka to find a way to make things work, Kon or no Kon.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2023, 03:27:20 PM »
This sounds awful close to "Bo cooled on him".  We should be better.

I trust Shaka to find a way to make things work, Kon or no Kon.

We can’t lose another white kid to Virginia
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2023, 03:29:28 PM »

Especially since we know that Shaka is worse than Porter Moser because he didn't land Leon Bond, just ask duane.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=62104.msg1361446#msg1361446

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2023, 03:31:03 PM »
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually trust Shaka Smart to build our program more than I trust duanewade.

Ridiculous, I know.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2023, 03:36:28 PM »
Sam was a legit 6'8 with very elite shooting and broad shoulders that allowed him to be an effective rebounder as well.

The links you provided have Sam as 6'6" 190 lbs and KK at 6'5" 205 lbs. I don't think they are physically all that different at this same point in their lives.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2023, 04:22:03 PM »
Sam was one of my favorite MU players and I am delighted for his NBA success . Unfortunate what happened in his Senior Season, unfortunately that is water under the bridge now.  If anyone watched Sam's full game tape in high school, it was plainly obvious he had the talent to make an immediate impact in college.

Watching full game tapes of Kon, it is clear he has a similar ability to be a collegiate contributor in the early days. Kids who can shoot like Kon don't grow on trees.  Hopefully, Shaka can win this recruiting battle.   
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Goose

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2023, 04:26:03 PM »
I would be ecstatic if Shaka landed Kon. I have no idea what the chances are, but I hope we land him.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2023, 04:28:32 PM »
Sam was one of my favorite MU players and I am delighted for his NBA success . Unfortunate what happened in his Senior Season, unfortunately that is water under the bridge now.  If anyone watched Sam's full game tape in high school, it was plainly obvious he had the talent to make an immediate impact in college.

Watching full game tapes of Kon, it is clear he has a similar ability to be a collegiate contributor in the early days. Kids who can shoot like Kon don't grow on trees.  Hopefully, Shaka can win this recruiting battle.

I hope we lose it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2023, 04:52:15 PM »
I hope we lose it.

We’re already over our quota.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2023, 05:29:13 PM »

They gotta have somebody to fill up those peach baskets.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2023, 07:33:07 PM »
They gotta have somebody to fill up those peach baskets.

Kon wants to get up and down the court quickly, at Virginia really

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2023, 07:34:47 PM »
We’re already over our quota.
Guessing Shaka has an idea of who will and won’t be here next year. Heck some players may have already told him such information. ;)

milwaukee ex-pat

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2023, 09:11:20 PM »

Kon is 6'5, appears to be a very good shooter also, sturdy build but not tall enough or athletic enough to be an effective down low player.  Kon appears to be more effective at creating his own shot than Sam and maybe a better passer as well.  Kon also shows some sneaky athleticism/cleverness around the basket that Sam never showed. 

Both players are good kids with very high basketball IQ's and could/can help any program in any number of capacities.  But the wide discrepancy in ratings just shows that hype factors over-rate and under-rate some players on even known factors.  Unknown factors will always be an issue in recruiting as no one knows if a kid will continue to develop or if they already reached their peak.  It's also impossible to know how hard a kid will work over the next 3 to 4 years in reaching their full potential or not. 

Having said the above, if Kon wants to come (I doubt it as I think it will be Virginia or somewhere else) take him but I don't think he brings more to the table than even Zaide Lowery.  Zaide has a similar game and height to Kon but is also uber-athletic in comparison to Kon and probably a much better defender. 

Trying to force playing time for Kon next year could lead to some internal acrimony, especially if he's not clearly better than other players. 

Sometimes the best recruiting "wins" are on the players you miss out on (i.e.: the Bobby Frasor "miss" led to Dominique James).  If Shaka doesn't believe in the portal as he rather be loyal to his own recruits then that rule should also apply to not trying to over-sign players when you have potentially great players already in waiting. 🤷‍♂️

This is right on, nice post.

El Guerrero 2

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2023, 07:00:07 AM »
This is right on, nice post.

It is not, in fact, right on. I like Zaire Lowry and am excited to see what he’ll develop into as a great fit for Shaka’s system, but to claim he has a “similar game” to K2 is silly. K2 is an elite shooter with questionable athleticism. Zaide is an elite athlete with questionable shooting.

Also, this idea that Shaka has to be careful landing studs because other guys might get unhappy is azz backwards. No one is guaranteed anything and gave to earn it. That’s true for the seniors just like the freshman. Shaka certainly isn’t guaranteeing K2 playing time, but he’s also not going to turn him down bc he doesn’t want to hurt the current roster’s feelings.

milwaukee ex-pat

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2023, 09:00:25 AM »
I respectfully disagree - the post clearly stated to "take him" if he wanted to come and I agree it would all work out in competition with the best player playing.  It was a good post imo tho because it recognized that we have many great pieces.  I am not anti - Kon but I think he may not be a true "5 star" that some are hyping him to be and that other less heralded players on the team may in fact out compete him for time.  He does seem to resemble Joey in some respects and I wonder about his speed and length on defense.

That said take him for sure if chooses Marquette but the other point I think the poster gets at a bit is the special sauce of Shaka's success here is program building and not recruiting over his "finds" a la avoiding the transfer portal.  Its a nuanced point - doesn't mean not taking talented players - it just highlights our system seems to produce big jumps each year for players and sophomore Zaide might very well be better than Kon etc.  JM2C..

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2023, 09:05:59 AM »
I'm just happy duanewade finally has a friend.

(Although it might be his burner account.)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2023, 09:12:10 AM »
Shaka has already recruited over Ellis and Itejere. By the end of this season, I think we will be talking about how Shaka recruited over Sean Jones with Tre Norman. Fear of recruiting over is not why Shaka doesn't use the transfer portal or recruit likely one and dones often.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2023, 09:30:55 AM »
TAMU

I agree on recruiting over guys has happened and will continue to happen. Interesting that mention Norman in your post. I am 100% in favor of recruiting over guys, especially with the way Shaka is building the program.

milwaukee ex-pat

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2023, 11:24:46 AM »
I don't know that I would describe Ellis  and Itejere as being technically over recruited. They both were given some time to show they belonged and due to injury on Ellis' part they didn't cut it. That's different imo than getting someone in the portal to jump developing players as some here were advocating for when Omax left early.  Kon would be a frosh and sign him if possible but I liked the poster's point about Zaide and in general that we currently have a roster of all rising high D1 players. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2023, 11:54:05 AM »
Talk about one way to never see improvement.  Just remove all competition for spots and minutes and say, "Hey kid, we think you're great.  But you're too good.  You might be better than the guys on our roster who we promised would be getting more minutes when uperclassmen left.  Good luck at Kansas where you might win a national title!"
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2023, 12:14:17 PM »
I don't know that I would describe Ellis  and Itejere as being technically over recruited. They both were given some time to show they belonged and due to injury on Ellis' part they didn't cut it. That's different imo than getting someone in the portal to jump developing players as some here were advocating for when Omax left early.  Kon would be a frosh and sign him if possible but I liked the poster's point about Zaide and in general that we currently have a roster of all rising high D1 players.

So Ellis and Itejere couldn't cut it and Shaka found better players who were going to be above them on the depth chart.  Thats the definition of being recruited over.

Shaka didn't get a transfer ro replace Omax because he thinks Joplin is better than anyone they could have gotten in the portal.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

El Guerrero 2

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2023, 12:59:50 PM »
There also is a big difference between not wanting to spend limited NIL dollars on transfers likely to be short term rentals and avoiding HS studs who are willing to buy into the system just bc older players might get jealous.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2023, 01:27:45 PM »
So, now we're debating whether to take Kon if he wants to come? I swear some of you dudes couldn't recognize talent if you were spotted t a l e n, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2023, 01:34:49 PM »
So, now we're debating whether to take Kon if he wants to come? I swear some of you dudes couldn't recognize talent if you were spotted t a l e n, hey?

Yes, “debating”

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2023, 03:30:48 PM »
I respectfully disagree - the post clearly stated to "take him" if he wanted to come and I agree it would all work out in competition with the best player playing.  It was a good post imo tho because it recognized that we have many great pieces.  I am not anti - Kon but I think he may not be a true "5 star" that some are hyping him to be and that other less heralded players on the team may in fact out compete him for time.  He does seem to resemble Joey in some respects and I wonder about his speed and length on defense.

That said take him for sure if chooses Marquette but the other point I think the poster gets at a bit is the special sauce of Shaka's success here is program building and not recruiting over his "finds" a la avoiding the transfer portal. Its a nuanced point - doesn't mean not taking talented players - it just highlights our system seems to produce big jumps each year for players and sophomore Zaide might very well be better than Kon etc.   JM2C..

Keep in mind that the success Shaka has had at MU so far is built on players primarily taken from the portal (Morsell, Kuath, Omax, Kolek) to leapfrog current players (Dexter, Torrence, Perez), combined with players initially recruited out of HS by Wojo (Stevie, Kam, Oso).

We can be hopeful the strategy of recruiting guys like Ross, Gold, and Jones followed by Lowrey, Amadou, and Norman will be successful.  However, it's not a continuation of what's worked the last two years--it's a different approach for which the jury is still out.

Additionally, the issue on missing out on players like Kon is the same debate that has been going on for years, where no MU coach since the late 1970's has been truly successful transferring on-court success to similar recruiting success. No matter how well we perform, we've continue to land mostly under-the-radar guys with the potential to improve, rather than landing proven commodities.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2023, 03:41:09 PM »
Keep in mind that the success Shaka has had at MU so far is built on players primarily taken from the portal (Morsell, Kuath, Omax, Kolek) to leapfrog current players (Dexter, Torrence, Perez), combined with players initially recruited out of HS by Wojo (Stevie, Kam, Oso).

We can be hopeful the strategy of recruiting guys like Ross, Gold, and Jones followed by Lowrey, Amadou, and Norman will be successful.  However, it's not a continuation of what's worked the last two years--it's a different approach for which the jury is still out.

Additionally, the issue on missing out on players like Kon is the same debate that has been going on for years, where no MU coach since the late 1970's has been truly successful transferring on-court success to similar recruiting success. No matter how well we perform, we've continue to land mostly under-the-radar guys with the potential to improve, rather than landing proven commodities.

Define "proven commodity".  I would argue that there's no such thing as a proven commodity until a player actually plays at the collegiate level.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2023, 03:55:33 PM »
Define "proven commodity".  I would argue that there's no such thing as a proven commodity until a player actually plays at the collegiate level.

Top 25ish, and a couple others each year is probably reasonable in a general sense
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2023, 04:09:05 PM »
Top 25ish, and a couple others each year is probably reasonable in a general sense

So Brandon Miller vs Kel'el Ware, and Arterio Morris vs Anthony Black?  All consensus top 25 prospects coming out of high school.

I'll stand by my statement that there's no such thing as a "proven commodity" until someone actually plays at the collegiate level.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2023, 05:48:36 AM »
gotta think shaka's got this if he wants him and kon just needs to see a few of the others to "trust but verify".

this is where the NIL gets a little stinky
don't...don't don't don't don't

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2023, 07:35:27 AM »
I’d be willing to bet that if Kon is truly considering Marquette as his destination he cares about the opportunity for playing time and his ability to shine more than the program itself.

I’d be willing to bet he feels the same about Virginia, Duke, Sconsin.
Virginia has the added bonus of the Bennett connection and his AAU buddies.

As for Marquette- my guess would be that Shaka has presented something along the lines of there is a good possibility both TyKo and Kam have moved on to greener money making professional pastures.
If not, you’d share a backcourt with the best passer in the country, and that can only make you look better via all the open shots you’d get.

On the flip side, Shaka values defense and defensive improvement for his elite scorers. Look at the emphasis he’s placed on Kam and Jop to improve on that end since day one. I’m sure a competitive, eye to the NBA 5 star from Marquettes back yard likes that part as well.

It’s simple, it’s true, and hopefully it works.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2023, 07:37:49 AM »
gotta think shaka's got this if he wants him and kon just needs to see a few of the others to "trust but verify".

this is where the NIL gets a little stinky

Delete this

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2023, 07:57:20 AM »
If he is considering Becky, there must be some major nil mula under the table. Why else would he even consider a losing program?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2023, 08:34:29 AM »
If he is considering Becky, there must be some major nil mula under the table. Why else would he even consider a losing program?

Girlfriend?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2023, 08:37:32 AM »
Maybe he wants to play in a Gard-friendly atmosphere.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2023, 08:39:45 AM »
Girlfriend?

Kid wouldn’t know what a cracked sidewalk is. 

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2023, 07:27:21 AM »
Good luck to Kon!  Don't think he's a NBA one and done talent, someday he might make it to the league or he just might end up as a real nice college player. 

Once again if you have a roster of 12 high-major/high-ceiling talent, that is very athletic, and your team's niche is team speed with maximum deflections each game... then I don't know how Kon was a good fit. 🤷‍♂️

Further if finding team harmony with 12 high major players all wanting to play isn't difficult enough... then how was adding a 13th player to the mix going to work?  Further a 13th player who's high school rankings ensured him playing time regardless of his performance against his peers in practice who might be outperforming him. 

I've been on a lot of basketball teams in my career and nothing creates more internal acrimony and dissent than when the coach doesn't play the best players due to favoritism or other external pressures/politics. 

Good look to Kon, however I'm sure we won't miss a beat with the players/recruits we already have. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2023, 07:29:24 AM »
Good luck to Kon!  Don't think he's a NBA one and done talent, someday he might make it to the league or he just might end up as a real nice college player. 

Once again if you have a roster of 12 high-major/high-ceiling talent, that is very athletic, and your team's niche is team speed with maximum deflections each game... then I don't know how Kon was a good fit. 🤷‍♂️

Further if finding team harmony with 12 high major players all wanting to play isn't difficult enough... then how was adding a 13th player to the mix going to work?  Further a 13th player who's high school rankings ensured him playing time regardless of his performance against his peers in practice who might be outperforming him. 

I've been on a lot of basketball teams in my career and nothing creates more internal acrimony and dissent than when the coach doesn't play the best players due to favoritism or other external pressures/politics. 

Good look to Kon, however I'm sure we won't miss a beat with the players/recruits we already have.

He’s a high major talent that would have fit in just fine

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2023, 07:31:38 AM »

Further if finding team harmony with 12 high major players all wanting to play isn't difficult enough... then how was adding a 13th player to the mix going to work? Further a 13th player who's high school rankings ensured him playing time regardless of his performance against his peers in practice who might be outperforming him.

If this were ever the case, it would not be on Kon/The Player, it'd be on the Coach.  I would not expect something like that to happen under Shaka and would be disappointed if it did.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2023, 08:53:02 AM »
Ah yes.  Marquette has too much talent for Kon, but Duke doesn't.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

• All American
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2023, 08:55:43 AM »

Thank you. Your middle school travel team experience really adds value to this discussion.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2023, 09:37:16 AM »
Ah yes.  Marquette has too much talent for Kon, but Duke doesn't.

Exactly.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2023, 12:27:08 PM »

Thank you. Your middle school travel team experience really adds value to this discussion.

Scoop needs an upvote button. Well played.

El Guerrero 2

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2023, 01:00:51 PM »
I think there is a reasonable point to be made that Kon isn’t the type of player Shaka would design in a lab if he had the chance, but he’s just so good and close that you have to pursue him and figure it out later. Defense would have definitely been an issue, but Shaka has made it work with TKO. In the end, it’s hard to blame a kid for picking Duke for school and basketball, but Shaka won’t miss a beat.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2023, 01:08:24 PM »

You could make the case that we could be losing Tyler, Oso, Kam, Gold + Jop next season. Maybe Ross, too.  Would i want Kon on this year's roster? No.  Would I take him next year?  Yes.  We have no idea who is going to spring to the League.   If we win a title every starter will be getting a real look. 

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2023, 01:10:53 PM »
You could make the case that we could be losing Tyler, Oso, Kam, Gold + Jop next season. Maybe Ross, too.  Would i want Kon on this year's roster? No.  Would I take him next year?  Yes.  We have no idea who is going to spring to the League.   If we win a title every starter will be getting a real look.
If we win a National Title, I don't care if the following year we have 5 walkons starting.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2023, 01:12:29 PM »
6 players going to the NBA next year?

If Shaka can’t win with this talent, he’s not winning with Kon or anyone else.

For the record, I would’ve taken Kon on this year’s roster.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2023, 01:16:19 PM »
If we win a title every starter will be getting a real look.

Why?  #crapshoot

You think nba teams are gonna say, “hey I wasn’t too sure on Stevie Mitchell, but now he has a ring so let’s really consider him”?

I think recruiting top talent now would be very difficult. We lost one regular from the BEast championship team. We have a good group of rising sophomores ready to make leaps; talented group of frosh, and a couple good recruits already for next year.

Now, combine that with the fact that we have ZERO seniors from an eligibility classification standpoint.

“Join us, the roster will work itself out - u da man” would be a tough sell.

Sometimes an embarrassment of riches can be a negative to a prospective recruit
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 01:32:34 PM by Jay Bee »
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2023, 01:18:56 PM »
Indeed.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2023, 02:02:45 PM »
If we win a National Title, I don't care if the following year we have 5 walkons starting.

Y knot wynn 2 Nattys, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2023, 02:05:22 PM »

Y knot wynn 2 Nattys, hey?
Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2023, 03:01:55 PM »
Why?  #crapshoot

You think nba teams are gonna say, “hey I wasn’t too sure on Stevie Mitchell, but now he has a ring so let’s really consider him”?

I think recruiting top talent now would be very difficult. We lost one regular from the BEast championship team. We have a good group of rising sophomores ready to make leaps; talented group of frosh, and a couple good recruits already for next year.

Now, combine that with the fact that we have ZERO seniors from an eligibility classification standpoint.

“Join us, the roster will work itself out - u da man” would be a tough sell.

Sometimes an embarrassment of riches can be a negative to a prospective recruit

Good call.  Everyone but Stevie.   My bigger point is if we win 6 in a row, that is success in some very high leverage situations.  So some combo of Ross, Gold, Kam and Jop will have gone on a run to separate themselves from peers.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 04:18:10 PM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2023, 03:51:30 PM »
Good call.  Everyone but Stevie.   My bigger point is if we win 6 in a row that success in some very high leverage situations so some combo of Ross, Gold, Kam and Jop will have gone on a run to separate themselves from peers.

Happened with Divencenzo and Bridges at Villanova.  Neither were looked at as guys expected to leave early.  If the ‘querte wins 6 in a row, dude(s) are going pro

MU82

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2023, 04:28:25 PM »
Happened with Divencenzo and Bridges at Villanova.  Neither were looked at as guys expected to leave early.  If the ‘querte wins 6 in a row, dude(s) are going pro

I'll thank them for their work at Marquette and wish them great fortune in the NBA or wherever.

Very magnanimous of me after they will have delivered a national title to my alma mater, I know.

feedback