[Today at 12:36:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 12:35:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 11:23:04 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 08:37:46 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Where do you stand on Marquette’s decision not to stream their games in Italy?

This is a massive failure. Recruits and fans alike will lose interest in the program. Shut us down, I’m beyond outraged.
I would’ve been 1 of the 13 superfans watching the noon mid week streams of 30 point blowout wins where our best players don’t play much, but I’ll live.
I wish they provided full box scores and more highlights, but my summer won’t be ruined.
It makes no difference to me.

Author Topic: The Italy Streaming Disaster  (Read 4338 times)

wadesworld

• All American
The Italy Streaming Disaster
« on: August 10, 2023, 07:35:08 PM »
What day you?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
Re: The Italy Streaming Disaster
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2023, 07:37:31 PM »
All that matters is that the young guys got reps and no one got injured. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2023, 07:39:42 PM »
What day you?
Thursday. But I would have watched if it was available to watch. Love WFH

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023, 07:45:18 PM »
Thursday. But I would have watched if it was available to watch. Love WFH

Haha nice. I’ll leave it as is.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2023, 08:19:43 PM »

Knock on wood. I believe there is still another game tomorrow.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2023, 09:10:14 PM »
Where are the box scores they promised me?

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2023, 09:20:10 PM »
I get a whiff of bias in the available options…….but I’m probably just imagining it……..

It reminds me of some of the push polls during election season………can’t wait for those to start again….. :'(

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2023, 12:26:54 AM »
Brew should write a blog.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2023, 06:22:50 AM »
What day you?

I see you chose hyperbole.   ;D

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2023, 07:29:03 AM »
I don't believe this would be considered a best practice survey by any marketing research company
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2023, 07:34:11 AM »
I see you chose hyperbole.   ;D

In its descriptions? Sure. But the overall choices are all there. If you want boring definitions:

1) The marketing department is incompetent and I’m going to let them know about it.
2) This is a failed opportunity for me and other fans to watch our team in the summer.
3) I probably wouldn’t commit to a couple hours of my work day being used to watch MU get a blowout win in an exhibition, but more information on it would be nice.
4) I’m fine with what they’re doing.

I was low on my 10% of Scoopers would watch. Looks like 25% would’ve watched. So 25% of the absolute most diehard fans would’ve watched streams of these games. Which means it’s probably not much of a lost opportunity or the major screwup a select few claim it is.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2023, 07:42:58 AM »
In its descriptions? Sure. But the overall choices are all there. If you want boring definitions:

1) The marketing department is incompetent and I’m going to let them know about it.
2) This is a failed opportunity for me and other fans to watch our team in the summer.
3) I probably wouldn’t commit to a couple hours of my work day being used to watch MU get a blowout win in an exhibition, but more information on it would be nice.
4) I’m fine with what they’re doing.

I was low on my 10% of Scoopers would watch. Looks like 25% would’ve watched. So 25% of the absolute most diehard fans would’ve watched streams of these games. Which means it’s probably not much of a lost opportunity or the major screwup a select few claim it is.

Except thats not true due to the way you wrote the survey. You narrowed it down to only diehards or "didn't ruin my summer" I selected didn't ruin my summer but I would've watched. Plus this only assumes one's a diehard fan if they're on scoop. I'd take that 25% to scale on the other boards plus add in people who are just not into forums and add say 1% of diehard CBBfans in general (why? Because we're 1 of 2 teams returning ann AA, and a preseason national title contender) and then it 100% is the right decision to stream to boost engagement. Not to mention publicity from podcasts that'd have content to talk about (see Kansas & Purdue). In 2015 we had 500 views watching a team with zero hype play in Italy after a miserable year. If we can say that's up a small amount (underselling given expectations and last year) and it converts at a 2% rate then it's worth it. Regardless of what you or sultan think because if you don't convert that's fine and it's no skin off your nose. You to are literally against something that wouldn't change your life in the slightest and apparently wouldn't be the target market for.

Idk what you do for a living but my job is Senior Digital marketing analyst. Knowing the metrics behind these things is sort of my job and while I don't have access to their dashboards in general producing this content would've been seen as the right move. I've certainly seen weirder considerably more niche things turn a positive ROI.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 08:38:47 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2023, 07:53:22 AM »
Here’s where I’m at:

The last time Brew got mad at a coach, he and the blog boys teamed up, wrote something and got Wojo fired.

Now he has Shaka in his sights.

THIS is Mike Broeker’s failure.  He should have streamed games just to protect Shaka. He didn’t need to stream games for fans (bc no one cares and all this was was a complete boondoggle vacation) but he needed to stream games to placate the blog boys. If Brew blogs about this, Shaka is toast.

This isn’t Lovell’s University.  This isn’t Shaka’s University. This is Brew’s U and we are way too close to have Brew calling for Shaka’s head. 

I may start a poll asking who should replace Shaka?  I know there’s an up & coming G League coach who loves to stream foreign trips. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2023, 08:01:58 AM »

And that they were able to gain world experiences, giving them a new dimension and understanding of differing cultures (or is that too woke for some?).  From the photos and videos, looks like they are having a great time, while getting a little basketball in on the side.

panda

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2023, 08:06:05 AM »
This thread rocks - we have someone who is LITERALLY a senior marketing analyst chiming in saying a scoop poll isn't up to industry standard lol

BTW results seem pretty cut and dry to me.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2023, 08:17:09 AM »
Idk what you do for a living but my job is literally Senior Digital marketing analyst.

<bows 2 greatness>
#respeckIzDue
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2023, 08:40:29 AM »
This thread rocks - we have someone who is LITERALLY a senior marketing analyst chiming in saying a scoop poll isn't up to industry standard lol

BTW results seem pretty cut and dry to me.

Happy? Got rid of literally  ::) an appeal to authority wouldn't be laughed at in law, accounting, medicine but dammit it's marketing so screw the people in the industry everybody's opinions valid.
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2023, 08:49:16 AM »
Happy? Got rid of literally  ::) an appeal to authority wouldn't be laughed at in law, accounting, medicine but dammit it's marketing so screw the people in the industry everybody's opinions valid.

The authority is getting laughed at because wades didn’t mean to put out some super well researched, authoritative poll.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

panda

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2023, 08:56:00 AM »

A true marketing man would never cave to the pressure of outside influence.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2023, 08:58:38 AM »
When I saw the thread title I thought global warming dried up all the streams in Italy.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2023, 09:04:49 AM »
Here’s where I’m at:

The last time Brew got mad at a coach, he and the blog boys teamed up, wrote something and got Wojo fired.

THIS is Mike Broeker’s failure.  He should have streamed games just to protect Shaka. He didn’t need to stream games for fans (bc no one cares and all this was was a complete boondoggle vacation) but he needed to stream games to placate the blog boys. If Brew blogs about this, Shaka is toast.

This isn’t Lovell’s University.  This isn’t Shaka’s University. This is Brew’s U and we are way too close to have Brew calling for Shaka’s head. 

I may start a poll asking who should replace Shaka?  I know there’s an up & coming G League coach who loves to stream foreign trips.

Don’t forget about how pissed Brew is that mubb cancelled midnight madness. This is strike two for Shaka. God help us if he gets a strike three
Bring back FFP!!!

MU90620

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2023, 09:06:53 AM »
I think 95% of the people on here probably fall into the category of would have watched if available and nothing else (work) was going on, but don’t really care that it’s not.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2023, 09:07:43 AM »
The authority is getting laughed at because wades didn’t mean to put out some super well researched, authoritative poll.

Yeah, this is where I'm at.  I didn't take the scientific method to this poll.  It was somewhat of a joke off of Hards's response to me saying 10% of the most diehard of diehards would even bother to watch the streams.  This poll shows I was wrong.  Maybe we would've had more than 13 people watching the stream.

But honestly, the idea that this is a major issue and/or major blown opportunity is blowing this way out of proportion.  Could they have had some marginal increase in interest?  I guess, but even that's a stretch in my mind.  I'm guessing they have the data from the past 2 foreign trips and if it was some giant cash cow they probably would've streamed this.  But they're probably banking more on winning a lot of basketball games that actually mean something to generate that cash.  That seems like a sound strategy to me.  They obviously have a reason for not streaming the games.  Whether it's Shaka doesn't want them streamed for one reason or another, they found the cost isn't worth the return, they want to intentionally piss off the fanbase, whatever it is, clearly this wasn't just some oversight or lack of effort.  It's simply not a big deal.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2023, 10:43:29 AM »
Except thats not true due to the way you wrote the survey. You narrowed it down to only diehards or "didn't ruin my summer" I selected didn't ruin my summer but I would've watched. Plus this only assumes one's a diehard fan if they're on scoop. I'd take that 25% to scale on the other boards plus add in people who are just not into forums and add say 1% of diehard CBBfans in general (why? Because we're 1 of 2 teams returning ann AA, and a preseason national title contender) and then it 100% is the right decision to stream to boost engagement. Not to mention publicity from podcasts that'd have content to talk about (see Kansas & Purdue). In 2015 we had 500 views watching a team with zero hype play in Italy after a miserable year. If we can say that's up a small amount (underselling given expectations and last year) and it converts at a 2% rate then it's worth it. Regardless of what you or sultan think because if you don't convert that's fine and it's no skin off your nose. You to are literally against something that wouldn't change your life in the slightest and apparently wouldn't be the target market for.

Idk what you do for a living but my job is Senior Digital marketing analyst. Knowing the metrics behind these things is sort of my job and while I don't have access to their dashboards in general producing this content would've been seen as the right move. I've certainly seen weirder considerably more niche things turn a positive ROI.

Serious big dick energy here. 

Congrats on the promotion to Senior. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2023, 10:50:44 AM »
Serious big dick energy here. 

Congrats on the promotion to Senior.

Thanks, was last September so a bit belated but I'll still take a cake or bottle of champagne if you wanna send one
Maigh Eo for Sam

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2023, 11:25:57 AM »
Thanks, was last September so a bit belated but I'll still take a cake or bottle of champagne if you wanna send one
I foresee a Musk v Zuck type MMA match between you two.

panda

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2023, 11:33:10 AM »

You get a grocery store cab suav for that big move within the firm

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2023, 11:39:08 AM »
You get a grocery store cab suav for that big move within the firm

I appreciate the reference to my hot takes in the wine thread

I foresee a Musk v Zuck type MMA match between you two.

No thank you, i might've been a decent boxer but I'm a cry baby about elbows and knees.
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2023, 11:57:32 AM »
Norlander said more teams are choosing not to stream these things or even provide full box scores anymore, unlike they were a few years ago.

But it's just Marquette and their marketing department sucks.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2023, 12:07:08 PM »
Norlander said more teams are choosing not to stream these things or even provide full box scores anymore, unlike they were a few years ago.

But it's just Marquette and their marketing department sucks.

Provide the why or this is just jibber jabber. Did Kansas, Creighton, Illinois, etc get it wrong? How many of their fans are concerned they had too much content made available?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2023, 12:38:36 PM »
I appreciate the reference to my hot takes in the wine thread

No thank you, i might've been a decent boxer but I'm a cry baby about elbows and knees.

Ha.  I'm all elbows and knees.  Boxing is a weakness.

Imma gonna stick to being a keyboard warrior.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2023, 01:27:39 PM »
Here’s where I’m at:

Where you're at is idiotic.

You're conflating continued social media failures with complete fictions of your own invention.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2023, 02:52:19 PM »
When I saw the thread title I thought global warming dried up all the streams in Italy.

Or someone was a little to slow to unzip before relieving themselves, aina?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2023, 02:52:44 PM »
I think 95% of the people on here probably fall into the category of would have watched if available and nothing else (work) was going on, but don’t really care that it’s not.

100%

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2023, 03:01:18 PM »
Watching from work is prob impossible if ur literally a senior digital marketing analyst, aina?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2023, 03:08:46 PM »
Watching from work is prob impossible if ur literally a senior digital marketing analyst, aina?

I can't watch from work because Keefer might call the HR department.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2023, 03:14:15 PM »

Actually I'm off today so I could drink early for Springsteen. Would've loved to have had a game on my phone.
Maigh Eo for Sam

panda

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2023, 03:16:10 PM »
Actually I'm off today so I could drink early for Springsteen. Would've loved to have had a game on my phone.
You’ll never get to super senior analyst with that kind of attitude

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2023, 03:28:06 PM »
You’ll never get to super senior analyst with that kind of attitude

Thanks, maybe I should just give up and blindly say things like "it's all worthless in the grand scheme of things" and "it doesn't matter" that'll really make my clients happy and get me to super senior
Maigh Eo for Sam

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2023, 03:28:16 PM »

You're probably really getting a kick out of these replies...
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2023, 03:29:26 PM »
Thanks, maybe I should just give up and blindly say things like "it's all worthless in the grand scheme of things" and "it doesn't matter" that'll really make my clients happy and get me to super senior

Just make sure they know you’re a senior analyst and all will be good!!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2023, 03:31:43 PM »
You're probably really getting a kick out of these replies...

The beers at 3:30 on a Friday help me find the humor. A more stressful day I'd be wound up like a yo-yo.

Just make sure they know you’re a senior analyst and all will be good!!

Thanks jay bee, I'm wearing my resume on my tee shirt just for you.
Maigh Eo for Sam

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2023, 03:35:37 PM »
Here’s where I’m at:

Wait a minute, 5DollarPitcher said he single-handily got Wojo fired.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2023, 03:47:22 PM »
The beers at 3:30 on a Friday help me find the humor. A more stressful day I'd be wound up like a yo-yo.

Thanks jay bee, I'm wearing my resume on my tee shirt just for you.

Nice. PS sorry for being kind of a d on this thread. I owe you a beer

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2023, 06:38:19 PM »
Nice. PS sorry for being kind of a d on this thread. I owe you a beer

You're fine, I've certainly been a dbag on here before. But I'll never say no to a beer!

:D
Maigh Eo for Sam

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2023, 07:49:20 PM »
MU Scoop: Where whiners start multiple parody threads about posters whining.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2023, 08:30:40 PM »
MU Scoop: Where whiners start multiple parody threads about posters whining.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED????
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2023, 06:55:02 AM »
I blame Canada.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2023, 08:09:03 AM »
Every fan base has their Helen Lovejoy.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2023, 02:13:07 PM »
Video of the streaming disaster here.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Fgo1AkFnI

tower912

• All American
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2023, 02:33:31 PM »
Italy has prostate issues?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2023, 07:03:16 PM »
Italy has prostate issues?
You win the thread!