[Today at 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Season Ticket Email  (Read 9552 times)

The Lens

• All American
Re: Season Ticket Email
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2023, 11:30:31 PM »
Missed my picking time bc it coincided with a meeting I arrived late to due monsoons in MKE.

2 hours later I got a call from MU.  I said same as last season, he said no problem. I’m probably underseated bc I like the corners, and I like being up towards the concourse.   Maybe I could move but I’ve grown accustomed to what I’ve had since 1997.  Being stuck at the bottom of a section at the end of a half would kill me.

Getting that call was great though. Fantastic service as usual from MU athletics. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2023, 08:27:43 AM »
Row 1 centercourt in the upper deck is virtually gone. Hopefully my one section over seats are still there tomorrow!

My position in the point rankings has held fairly steady the last few years and each year I'm right on the cusp of sitting first row of 208/222 (center section upper).  This year it seemed to be open a bit longer, but I am finally jumping down to lower bowl and noticed less availability there.  My impression is that people are spending just a bit more this year for better seats (like myself) and more people are buying extra tickets with their seats in lower.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2023, 10:04:56 AM »
My position in the point rankings has held fairly steady the last few years and each year I'm right on the cusp of sitting first row of 208/222 (center section upper).  This year it seemed to be open a bit longer, but I am finally jumping down to lower bowl and noticed less availability there.  My impression is that people are spending just a bit more this year for better seats (like myself) and more people are buying extra tickets with their seats in lower.

We must be right next to each other. What time do you pick today?

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2023, 10:19:32 AM »
We must be right next to each other. What time do you pick today?

My pick was 7:40pm last night.  There were two pairs of seats available in 208 and one set of 2 seats in 222 at the time.   Almost pulled the trigger on one of those!

Sawsi

• Starter
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2023, 04:05:20 PM »
After 31 years of season Tix I finally got row 1 in the uppers on the aisle for the best bang for your buck entertainment around.   I am on cloud nine.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2023, 04:48:24 PM »
After 31 years of season Tix I finally got row 1 in the uppers on the aisle for the best bang for your buck entertainment around.   I am on cloud nine.

I hate aisle. Gotta stand up all the time.

Sawsi

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2023, 05:30:41 PM »
So my 31 years started when I was 4 so I get that sentiment.  I'll stand up if I can exit early post game.  Give and take!  Still waiting for the powers that be to transfer over your parents tickets to you without paying.   But they may never know she passes.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2023, 05:37:01 PM »
How is the lower bowl looking for inventory? People are picking through Friday.

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2023, 06:31:33 PM »

I picked my tickets at 3:22pm today. There was plenty left in 114 (approx. 400 seats).  The corners in general are pretty open in the back half of the sections.  Anything directly looking straight at the court is mostly gone, minus some singles and some spots in the back few rows.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2023, 07:20:34 PM »
I picked my tickets at 3:22pm today. There was plenty left in 114 (approx. 400 seats).  The corners in general are pretty open in the back half of the sections.  Anything directly looking straight at the court is mostly gone, minus some singles and some spots in the back few rows.

Just picked and it was the same for me. We had the pick of our old seats, plus lots around us. So maybe some of the “lower prices” are selling the same as last year.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2023, 07:30:56 PM »

I was surprised at the open seats left as of noon today.

I got my cheap upper corners around 5, and didn't check anywhere else.

Had an issue with applying my sold ticket credits to the tax.  Called the MU ticket office, guy was polite, relaxed and got me hooked up.  When he didn't know something, he put me on hold and asked someone else.  Great overall experience.

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2023, 08:24:17 PM »
Just picked and it was the same for me. We had the pick of our old seats, plus lots around us. So maybe some of the “lower prices” are selling the same as last year.

Similar experience for me.  Watching this thread the past few days I was worried my normal "front row upper off center" seats were at risk but they were fine this afternoon... and I felt inventory of the price point I was looking at was more than the past few years come my time. I moved up rank a bit but not substantial.  Wouldn't surprise me if the lower simply filled faster this year leaving more of the uppers open today for folks like us.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2023, 08:37:41 PM »
Similar experience for me.  Watching this thread the past few days I was worried my normal "front row upper off center" seats were at risk but they were fine this afternoon... and I felt inventory of the price point I was looking at was more than the past few years come my time. I moved up rank a bit but not substantial.  Wouldn't surprise me if the lower simply filled faster this year leaving more of the uppers open today for folks like us.

I suspect this is the case. Probably some of the people that went upstairs near the end of the Wojo years brought all their points back downstairs.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2023, 08:55:30 PM »
Since I couldn’t watch the stream of the games in Italy I have no idea what to expect of the team and thus couldn’t decide if the money was worth it. So I decided not to get tickets this year. Since we win by 40 but I only found out through non MU sources, I may regret that.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2023, 09:13:23 PM »
Since I couldn’t watch the stream of the games in Italy I have no idea what to expect of the team and thus couldn’t decide if the money was worth it. So I decided not to get tickets this year. Since we win by 40 but I only found out through non MU sources, I may regret that.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Ben Golds Five

• Starter
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2023, 09:29:20 PM »
Lol exactly! I hope that was meant to be in teal

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2023, 09:41:19 AM »
I suspect this is the case. Probably some of the people that went upstairs near the end of the Wojo years brought all their points back downstairs.

I moved to the cheapest seats in the building as my form of "protest" during the end of Wojo's reign of terror. Definitely moved back to a more premium position now! Probably a big reason for low lowers inventory and high uppers.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2023, 05:52:19 PM »
It's Thursday, any new reports on inventory? The new STHs should be picking today and tomorrow. 14-15K (with students) as a ST base would be amazing.

Showing my napkin math:  ~4000 claimed STH * 2.7 per picker, plus 4000 students.

panda

• All American
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2023, 06:50:16 PM »
I moved to the cheapest seats in the building as my form of "protest" during the end of Wojo's reign of terror. Definitely moved back to a more premium position now! Probably a big reason for low lowers inventory and high uppers.

more like excellent marketing on MU’s part

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2023, 09:10:41 PM »
more like excellent marketing on MU’s part

I have friends at 8 of the other 10 Big East schools and all they do is report the horrors of their ticket processing.  I tell them how get personal phone calls etc and they’re so jealous. 

We might have the best reseating process in the country.  Certainly the Big East.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2023, 09:21:21 AM »
Got the tix I wanted. Pretty happy with it. That was quite painless.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2023, 09:41:02 AM »
It's Thursday, any new reports on inventory? The new STHs should be picking today and tomorrow. 14-15K (with students) as a ST base would be amazing.

Can't get in anymore, but as of Wednesday the ticket map looked a lot like it did for non-con/weeknight games last season. Still inventory downstairs and a ton of it still in the 200 level. Likely 12-13K between STH and students.

From what I've heard not many new accounts added, but slightly more seats being bought by existing accounts.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2023, 10:32:22 AM »
Can't get in anymore, but as of Wednesday the ticket map looked a lot like it did for non-con/weeknight games last season. Still inventory downstairs and a ton of it still in the 200 level. Likely 12-13K between STH and students.

From what I've heard not many new accounts added, but slightly more seats being bought by existing accounts.

Thanks. I thought earlier reports of almost 4000 STHs was optimistic. 

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2023, 10:50:27 AM »
Thanks. I thought earlier reports of almost 4000 STHs was optimistic.

Agreed, 4k would have been mind blowing.  I looked back at old emails and it looks like in 19-20 there were 3253 accounts and, if the points calculator was to be believed, there were just over 2600 in June this year.  1400 additional new accounts seemed extremely optimistic, despite last year's success.

Anyone know what the new total actually ended up being going into this year?  I imagine it will take a couple years of success to get back to where we used to be pre-WOJO/COVID.

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2023, 11:35:40 AM »
I looked at the PP calculator first week July and remember seeing right around 2900 in total. (If the calculator was to be believed)

feedback