[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Luke Fischer transferring from I4  (Read 83263 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Luke Fischer transferring from I4
« Reply #225 on: January 02, 2014, 04:06:25 PM »

Well, his parents are there.  That is a pretty big part of "home."

You are all over the map on this one Sultan.  UW-Marathon County it is.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:31:05 PM by We R Final Four »

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #226 on: January 02, 2014, 04:50:01 PM »
I definitely wouldn't define Fitz as an impact transfer.  He had his moments but not a PTP'er.

What about Robert Jackson?

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #227 on: January 02, 2014, 04:53:47 PM »
What about Robert Jackson?
What about David Boone.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #228 on: January 02, 2014, 04:56:17 PM »
...or it could be  as simple as an inability to recruit quality bigs.

Still on this one?  Serious question...what is the problem with this year's team?  Is it our front court?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #229 on: January 02, 2014, 04:56:49 PM »
Wisconsin, Marquette, Nebraska, Minnesota, Arizona, Florida, Butler, Creighton, Memphis, Miami, Drake, Milwaukee, Green Bay, Iowa, Colorado, Ill. State, Ball State, Wake Forest and others involved.

Also Texas, Vanderbilt, Oregon St, Pitt, St Louis, George Washington, and Valpo.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #230 on: January 02, 2014, 04:57:13 PM »
What about David Boone.
And Jerry Homan

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #231 on: January 02, 2014, 05:08:13 PM »
I definitely wouldn't define Fitz as an impact transfer.  He had his moments but not a PTP'er.

Having said which, wouldn't Dan Fitzgerald look great on the court for us today?

Death on call

Jet915

• Starter
« Reply #232 on: January 02, 2014, 06:23:24 PM »
Sounds like a decision could come this weekend.  This would make me think that he would choose a place he is familiar with aka a place he has been recruited by in the past which should give Creighton and Marquette a leg up.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2014/01/02/schools-reach-out-to-6-11-iu-transfer-fischer/4294493/

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #233 on: January 02, 2014, 06:28:11 PM »
Still on this one?  Serious question...what is the problem with this year's team?  Is it our front court?
Agreed--but we are not getting a lot down low either, and those guys will be gone. By the way, what quality big has Buzz recruited? And you can't count Mbao, Roseboro and Durley either.

And since you do admit that our backcourt is a problem--whose responsibility is that--they are all Buzz boys?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #234 on: January 02, 2014, 07:29:43 PM »
Buzz recruited both bigs on this years team.....Do they count? We have a 7 footer coming in next year who had an offer from Pitt and who has a nice skill set. Sure he is not yet proven but he is no Mbao or Durley I can tell you that.

Yes the guard play this year is weak and if you want to blame Buzz go ahead but are you really going to complain about a coach the recruited and coached all of the players who got us to 2 sweet 16s and an elite 8 in the last 3 years along with a Big East Championship and a 2nd place finish?

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #235 on: January 02, 2014, 09:11:14 PM »
Walter Downing!?!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #236 on: January 02, 2014, 09:15:33 PM »
Agreed--but we are not getting a lot down low either, and those guys will be gone. By the way, what quality big has Buzz recruited? And you can't count Mbao, Roseboro and Durley either.

And since you do admit that our backcourt is a problem--whose responsibility is that--they are all Buzz boys?

Not a single good recruit.

Zero NCAA tourney success.

No players advancing to the next level.

Dances too much on opponents' courts.

Too effen bald.

willie is right.

Fire Buzz.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #237 on: January 02, 2014, 11:32:48 PM »
Buzz recruited both bigs on this years team.....Do they count? We have a 7 footer coming in next year who had an offer from Pitt and who has a nice skill set. Sure he is not yet proven but he is no Mbao or Durley I can tell you that.

Yes the guard play this year is weak and if you want to blame Buzz go ahead but are you really going to complain about a coach the recruited and coached all of the players who got us to 2 sweet 16s and an elite 8 in the last 3 years along with a Big East Championship and a 2nd place finish?
How we doing right now?

MU Buff

• Starter
« Reply #238 on: January 02, 2014, 11:51:21 PM »
How we doing right now?

Is your contention that Buzz isn't a good coach and should be fired or are you just ragging on the people who say in Buzz I trust?

The team is struggling right now and it's starting to look like we will miss the NCAA tournament. However, I do believe in Buzz going forward and that he will learn a valuable lesson from not being able to get certain types of players in recruiting (3-point shooters and centers).  I think he's already rectified the shooting concerns with the players he already has coming to Marquette and he has plenty of chances for some very good bigs in the near future with the likes of Fischer, Stone, Ellenson, and Heldt.  If he can't land any of those Wisconsinites I will start to ask more questions about his ability to take the program to the next level.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:56:11 PM by meehld26 »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #239 on: January 02, 2014, 11:55:47 PM »

Death on call

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #240 on: January 03, 2014, 12:10:49 AM »
Is your contention that Buzz isn't a good coach and should be fired or are you just ragging on the people who say in Buzz I trust?

The team is struggling right now and it's starting to look like we will miss the NCAA tournament. However, I do believe in Buzz going forward and that he will learn a valuable lesson from not being able to get certain types of players in recruiting (3-point shooters and centers).  I think he's already rectified the shooting concerns with the players he already has coming to Marquette and he has plenty of chances for some very good bigs in the near future with the likes of Fischer, Stone, Ellenson, and Heldt.  If he can't land any of those Wisconsinites I will start to ask more questions about his ability to take the program to the next level.

Wisconsinites are great and all, but MU's campus is 90 miles from downtown Chicago.  I really wish we had the monopoly on Chicago recruiting so that when a high-major recruit from there thinks to himself "I want to stay close to home" Marquette is the first school that comes to his head.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #241 on: January 03, 2014, 09:09:58 AM »

willie is a joyless mope who loves to hear himself whine.

Don't look for rhyme nor reason in his posts.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #242 on: January 03, 2014, 09:25:37 AM »
Sounds like a decision could come this weekend.  This would make me think that he would choose a place he is familiar with aka a place he has been recruited by in the past which should give Creighton and Marquette a leg up.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2014/01/02/schools-reach-out-to-6-11-iu-transfer-fischer/4294493/

The 15-paragraph story in the link doesn't even mention Marquette. I hope that's not a bad sign. Anyway, it sounds like we'll know within a couple days and then we can move on, one way or another.

WarriorDoc

• Starter
« Reply #243 on: January 03, 2014, 09:31:25 AM »
The 15-paragraph story in the link doesn't even mention Marquette. I hope that's not a bad sign. Anyway, it sounds like we'll know within a couple days and then we can move on, one way or another.

Most "journalism" today is just writers summarizing what they've read on twitter from people actually breaking stories.

For the author to leave out one of the most eligible schools from the list is probably just a mistake or laziness.  "Closer to home" hardly means Omaha, Nebraska.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #244 on: January 03, 2014, 09:32:06 AM »

Marquette is very much involved.  My understanding is that this came out of nowhere and is leaving a lot of people scrambling to figure out where this guy fits in people's plans, why he is leaving IU, etc.  

Zephyr820

• Walk-On
« Reply #245 on: January 03, 2014, 10:01:06 AM »

I'm not sure if that was intended to be a comprehensive report or anything, but simply an update of the initial activity for a player transferring from Indiana University.  Marquette being left out probably means absolutely nothing.  If it does, Id guess, it is just because of the lack of a scholarship.  It doesn't seem very likely that someone with a variety of options would be willing to pay his way even if it was for a semester.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #246 on: January 03, 2014, 10:12:31 AM »
I'm not sure if that was intended to be a comprehensive report or anything, but simply an update of the initial activity for a player transferring from Indiana University.  Marquette being left out probably means absolutely nothing.  If it does, Id guess, it is just because of the lack of a scholarship.  It doesn't seem very likely that someone with a variety of options would be willing to pay his way even if it was for a semester.

Good point, Zephyr. I know I sure as hell wouldn't pay my own way to School A if I had Schools B through Q clamoring to give me a full ride.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #247 on: January 03, 2014, 10:14:43 AM »
"Closer to home" hardly means Omaha, Nebraska.

Whoa, Whoa its an extremely quick 8 hour, 500 mile quick stroll up 94 to 12/18 to 151 to 380 to 80 to 29

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #248 on: January 03, 2014, 10:17:54 AM »
Whoa, Whoa its an extremely quick 8 hour, 500 mile quick stroll up 94 to 12/18 to 151 to 380 to 80 to 29

You must have been a fan of The Californians on SNL.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #249 on: January 03, 2014, 10:26:15 AM »

My contention is that the team's current issues are the responsibility of the Coach, who makes huge $ for that responsibility. In Buzz we trust is just some blind ideology with no basis in reality. Should he be fired? That is something others keep asking--never said that. No he should not be fired. I get tired of people slobbering over him with excuses. The players that are there now are his players--he recruited them. He has the responsibility to develop them. His player rotations are not good, his starting rotation needs to change--never agreed with what he does there. I do not buy that the 5 hardest workers in practice earn the minutes. There are likely hard workers with little talent that do not earn the minutes. He started E. Williams and R. Smith and both quit. Doubt that they were the hardest workers. Doubt that Mayo is a hard worker, but Buzz keeps throwing him in there. So my belief is that is just a cop out of Buzz's to answer the critics, because I believe that he is not consistent in that philosophy. I believe that he thinks he can play whoever he wishes and to hell with the critics and justifying it.
Yes, Buzz has a pretty good track record before this year, but it ain't translating this year. And he has yet to recruit one highly regarded big in his 6 plus years. Otule and Ox were not highly regarded, and now everybody is all over Ox. Ox is also Buzz's responsibility to develop. So I will continue to point out areas that I believe Buzz is not getting the job done in. And right now, there are plenty of areas.

Sure hope he lands Stone, Ellenson, Fischer, etc. At least one. If you cannot recruit the studs in your own state, then that is a huge issue. We haven't really landed a stud big from Chicago in Buzz's tenure. The jury is still out on S. Taylor

feedback