[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Luke Fischer transferring from I4  (Read 83247 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Luke Fischer transferring from I4
« Reply #175 on: January 01, 2014, 07:53:44 PM »
I just hope the paying for a semester's tuition wouldn't be an issue.  If it is, I think that UWM or UWGB could definitely be contenders.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #176 on: January 01, 2014, 07:55:23 PM »
Like just tweeted no Big 25 schools are being considered as transfer locations.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #177 on: January 01, 2014, 10:07:38 PM »
Like just tweeted no Big 25 schools are being considered as transfer locations.

Someone had a rough time time typing on their Iphone
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Zephyr820

• Walk-On
« Reply #178 on: January 02, 2014, 09:38:55 AM »
I just hope the paying for a semester's tuition wouldn't be an issue.  If it is, I think that UWM or UWGB could definitely be contenders.

The Peegs board has been speculating that hell head to butler. they had a scholarship open recently so would have a scholarship next semester.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #179 on: January 02, 2014, 09:41:20 AM »
The Peegs board has been speculating that hell head to butler. they had a scholarship open recently so would have a scholarship next semester.
I guess that would indicate he was not homesick.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #180 on: January 02, 2014, 09:43:32 AM »
If we nab Fischer does that mean Harris might be out?

Buzz was already trying to sign a center for 2014.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #181 on: January 02, 2014, 09:49:43 AM »

Isn't the IU Peegs board a front organization for Marquette, Kentucky and Purdue? Why are they even discussing Luke Fischer there?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #182 on: January 02, 2014, 10:01:43 AM »

The kid's from Wisconsin.... you can't get much closer to home outside Wisconsin than Broadripple.  The only thing Bloomington resembles in the state of Wisconsin is Madison.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #183 on: January 02, 2014, 10:19:30 AM »

How did Butler's scholarship open up recently?  If someone left during the school year, it's considered used for the year and Fischer can't have it for 2nd semester, similar to McKay's here.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #184 on: January 02, 2014, 10:25:05 AM »

Homesickness isn't simply about being close to home.  It is about being comfortable where you are.  He may have never felt comfortable at IU...which caused him to be homesick.  He may very well feel comfortable at Butler....or Marquette...or New Mexico State...and he would not be homesick.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #185 on: January 02, 2014, 11:03:09 AM »
I don't have a good feeling about this because other than Trent, it seems very rare that we're able to get this type of impact transfer.  That said, Buzz needs to get Luke Fischer back home at Marquette!
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #186 on: January 02, 2014, 11:05:10 AM »
I don't have a good feeling about this because other than Trent, it seems very rare that we're able to get this type of impact transfer.  That said, Buzz needs to get Luke Fischer back home at Marquette!

Jamil Wilson?

Zephyr820

• Walk-On
« Reply #187 on: January 02, 2014, 11:06:10 AM »
How did Butler's scholarship open up recently?  If someone left during the school year, it's considered used for the year and Fischer can't have it for 2nd semester, similar to McKay's here.

They have one walk-on on scholarship, one entirely open from a player leaving last year and his spot not replaced, and then another open from someone leaving during this season (like McKay).  So however its accounted, Butler would have between 1, 2, or 3 grants available for the 2nd semester.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #188 on: January 02, 2014, 11:11:11 AM »

Probably because most transfers think they're better than they are. For every Rodney Hood there's 20 Erik Williams.

Do you not consider Jucos as transfers? Similar.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #189 on: January 02, 2014, 11:44:20 AM »
I think if Fischer were comin' to MU, we'd know it by now.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #190 on: January 02, 2014, 11:50:45 AM »
I think if Fischer were comin' to MU, we'd know it by now.

Why?  If he was coming, the conservation would have between Buzz and Fisher.  Who would have leaked it?

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #191 on: January 02, 2014, 11:52:54 AM »
Why?  If he was coming, the conservation would have between Buzz and Fisher.  Who would have leaked it?

Well, if they were truly conserving, there shouldn't be a leak.  :)

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #192 on: January 02, 2014, 11:54:56 AM »
Basically, Luke has 2 weeks to transfer. My opinion is most transfers have a location in mind prior to announcin'. Someone on this board either knows someone, knows the family, or would have seen him on campus or at the Al.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #193 on: January 02, 2014, 11:57:40 AM »
Basically, Luke has 2 weeks to transfer. My opinion is most transfers have a location in mind prior to announcin'. Someone on this board either knows someone, knows the family, or would have seen him on campus or at the Al.

He would not need to come to campus.  Buzz would go see him.

Anyone on the Fischer house?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #194 on: January 02, 2014, 12:09:32 PM »
Reel em in Buzz
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #195 on: January 02, 2014, 12:18:20 PM »

I'm sure you could get someone to say that they know a guy who's ex-girlfriend knows Fischer and she overheard him say it was definitely Marquette.  My point is that rumors mean nothing until he makes an announcement the fact that we don't know for sure doesn't mean anything either.  If he has already decided on another school we would just as likely know about that by now too. 

Bottom line is that if he wants to be closer to home, we should be the leader.  We desparately need a big man and the scholarship situation will work itself out like it always does.  If he goes elsewhere we screwed it up somehow.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #196 on: January 02, 2014, 12:23:23 PM »
Is there any reason why he would need to enroll this semester? Assuming his grades were fine, is there anything stopping him from taking a semester off, going home, and coming to MU in the fall without having to pay? Also, what would the rules be for that? Could he still show up to the al every once in a while to play with the guys and future recruits?

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #197 on: January 02, 2014, 12:25:52 PM »
Is there any reason why he would need to enroll this semester? Assuming his grades were fine, is there anything stopping him from taking a semester off, going home, and coming to MU in the fall without having to pay? Also, what would the rules be for that? Could he still show up to the al every once in a while to play with the guys and future recruits?
That would just delay his eligibility.  Need to be in residence for a full school year at the new school to gain eligibility to play.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #198 on: January 02, 2014, 12:31:38 PM »
If he goes elsewhere we screwed it up somehow.

I don't think you can jump to that conclusion.  He may feel that his style of play fits better at a place like School A.  He may click more with the coach at School B.  He may not have to pay a semester at School C.

This is not Marquette's recruitment to lose.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #199 on: January 02, 2014, 12:41:07 PM »
That would just delay his eligibility.  Need to be in residence for a full school year at the new school to gain eligibility to play.

It would delay his eligibility, but it would still give him 3 full years of eligibility after he started, instead of 2.5 if he enrolls immediately and starts playing 2nd Semester next year.