'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Luke Fischer transferring from I4  (Read 83244 times)

Atticus

• All American
Re: Luke Fischer transferring from I4
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2013, 08:50:52 AM »
Homesickness is for hairy, wet cats.

Pass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2013, 08:53:54 AM »
Buzz has been interested in bigs with far less talent than Luke. This call will be entirely Fischer's.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2013, 08:56:32 AM »
  I think he would be a good fit at MU, Buzz can let him have McKay's scholarship, 1/2 hour drive from home, etc.   But I don't know the kid, his family, or what he is looking for.   Wardle has developed one 7 footer to near NBA levels.   Maybe he wants less stress, less pressure and more time to develop away from the microscope.   Every kid is different.   I am hoping he comes to MU, but for some reason, I am just not overly optimistic.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2013, 09:16:42 AM »
You may be right.  But from a non-basketball standpoint the chance to get a full ride to Marquette as opposed to a full ride to UW-GB in most peoples minds would be a no brainer.  Luke is a pretty smart kid and it just seems to me that going to GB would be "settling".

MU82

• All American
« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2013, 09:31:05 AM »
Homesickness is for hairy, wet cats.

Pass.

Maybe Fischer is using "homesickness" so he doesn't have to come right out and say "Creansickness."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #130 on: December 31, 2013, 09:37:41 AM »
Not sure it matters but a lot of Hoosiers here in Indiana are talking like he is going to transfer to MU.

I wasn't aware of this until our IT guy, who's an IU grad, asked me about Luke.  He said he is transferring from IU and it sounded like MU was/is high on his list.

I think if Buzz is interested we have a high probability of landing him.  If we get him and Stone then we always buzz cut someone... ;)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #131 on: December 31, 2013, 09:39:40 AM »
Not sure it matters but a lot of Hoosiers here in Indiana are talking like he is going to transfer to MU.

I wasn't aware of this until our IT guy, who's an IU grad, asked me about Luke.  He said he is transferring from IU and it sounded like MU was/is high on his list.

I think if Buzz is interested we have a high probability of landing him.  If we get him and Stone then we always buzz cut someone... ;)

A.B.R.!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2013, 10:28:26 AM »
Maybe Fischer is using "homesickness" so he doesn't have to come right out and say "Creansickness."

IMO, take the kid at his word.   I am reluctant to throw stones at Coach Crean on this one because MU has experienced enough of this, both under Coach Crean and under Buzz for me to feel that 18 year olds have a million reasons to leave and the coach may or may not be one of them.  So I give Crean a pass here.    Now, that doesn't change my opinion of his coaching abilities, in game adjustments, how he treats underlings, etc.   It just means that IMO, sometimes it can be as simple as not being comfortable being far away from home.   I am guessing that many here experienced it to varying degrees during their freshmen year. (guilty!)
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2013, 10:58:01 AM »
Would be an ideal pick up for us.  I don't hold my breath in these situations but it would be a great fit.  If we don't have room then I'm sure someone else will not get their paperwork in order.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Like Fischer transferring from I4
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2013, 11:14:17 AM »
I think he ends up at Wisconsin,. but again, just a feeling and I don't know anything.

Wisconsin didn't even make Fischer's final 5 out of HS.

Plus, TC hates Bo Ryan and UW. He will block that transfer.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2013, 11:30:51 AM »

Definitely possible, though on one of the premium IU boards (where actual IU fans post and not PU, UK and MU fans as IU fans  ;)  )  they were saying Fischer's mom frequently in town, he's been hunkered down for the semester, etc, etc.  As one poster put it, they weren't overly surprised when looking back on things.   Having a coach that is in your face a lot, probably doesn't help.  Who knows....hope he decides to come home and attend MU.  He's a good player with a lot of upside.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2013, 11:38:09 AM »
Definitely possible, though on one of the premium IU boards (where actual IU fans post and not PU, UK and MU fans as IU fans  ;)  )  they were saying Fischer's mom frequently in town, he's been hunkered down for the semester, etc, etc.  As one poster put it, they weren't overly surprised when looking back on things.   Having a coach that is in your face a lot, probably doesn't help.  Who knows....hope he decides to come home and attend MU.  He's a good player with a lot of upside.

Stop it. Stop it!  You just gave me a flashback to that player who made the complaint against Wardle.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2013, 11:42:21 AM »

Does that board think he'll go to MU or what are they saying?
Bring back FFP!!!

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2013, 11:43:38 AM »
Can anyone say, with any degree of certainty, if we are able to hand out McKay's scholarship for the 2nd semester?

This may be the deciding factor in whether Luke ends up at MU.

Next year will take care of itself, but we (along with other schools) may not have a 'ship to give for the 2nd semester this year.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:46:19 AM by 94Warrior »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2013, 11:45:11 AM »
Can anyone say, with any degree of certainty, if we are able to hand out McKay's scholarship for the 2nd semester?

It seems as though the consensus is that he CANNOT use McKay's scholarship, but I do not believe that has been definitively confirmed or denied. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #140 on: December 31, 2013, 11:45:53 AM »
Does that board think he'll go to MU or what are they saying?

Most think he'll go to MU or Iowa State.  None of them want him to go to UW-madison, but some think he will and that IU will take the high road and let him if he wishes.  Who knows.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #141 on: December 31, 2013, 11:47:23 AM »
Crean will block all Big 10 schools.  Take that to the bank.

(Unless he wants to pay his own way, like Uthoff did.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:49:56 AM by 94Warrior »

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #142 on: December 31, 2013, 11:48:27 AM »

My gut feeling is no, but I also think MU might be able to ask for a waiver. The rule is there to prevent coaches from taking a scholarship away. However, I would think there should be an exception when a player leaves and accepts a scholarship at another school. Why should McKay be allowed to get a scholarship at Iowa St and still have a claim on his scholarship at MU?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #143 on: December 31, 2013, 11:49:45 AM »
Crean will block all Big 10 schools.  Take that to the bank.

He might....it would be funny if the kid wanted to go to UW-madison and then the Vadger fans would cry bloody murder that TC wouldn't let him go there.  The irony would be amazingly delicious, but nothing new for what I would argue is the most hypocritical college fan base on the planet.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #144 on: December 31, 2013, 02:49:49 PM »
Is there a chance that Crean would let him go to Bucky just to screw Marquette?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #145 on: December 31, 2013, 02:51:26 PM »
it is more likely that he would let Fischer go to MU just to screw Bo.   

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #146 on: December 31, 2013, 02:54:52 PM »
It seems as though the consensus is that he CANNOT use McKay's scholarship, but I do not believe that has been definitively confirmed or denied. 

without some kind of waiver or exception from the NC2A, McKay's scholarship is unavailable for this school year.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2013, 02:56:18 PM »
it is more likely that he would let Fischer go to MU just to screw Bo.   

Seems logical.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2013, 03:16:13 PM »
Having a coach that is in your face a lot, probably doesn't help. 
Buzz will take it easy on him.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #149 on: December 31, 2013, 03:25:32 PM »
Most think he'll go to MU or Iowa State.  None of them want him to go to UW-madison, but some think he will and that IU will take the high road and let him if he wishes.  Who knows.

Germantown to Ames is 5 hrs 40 min per Google Maps.
Germantown to Bloomington is 5 hrs 31 min per Google Maps.

Iowa State would kinda shoot the homesickness thing out of the water.  I could see MU, one of the UW schools or perhaps a Chicago-area school....

feedback