[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Luke Fischer transferring from I4  (Read 83254 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Like Fischer transferring from I4
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2013, 03:39:02 PM »
My understanding is that he would have to pay his way for the second semester of this year since McKay burned a scholarship.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2013, 03:40:22 PM »
There was a rule in the B10 that if you transferred in-conference, you had to pay your own way. That was changed last year, I believe. But he would lose a year of eligibility if transferring to UW (Big Ten rule) so he would be able to play 2.5 years.

He could play 3.5 if transferring to MU

Only if he is granted the medical redshirt to wipe out this year.  Otherwise it would only be 2.5

2013-14:  Play first semester...sit out second
2014-15:  Sit out first...play second

Play last two years.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2013, 03:43:04 PM »

Only if he is granted the medical redshirt to wipe out this year.  Otherwise it would only be 2.5

Play last two years.

eat it, mofos.  Don't doubt ZFB.

Keefe, I have 6 "toes" on my left foot, but only because my johnson is so big that I have to keep it in my socks for warmth and my shoe for protection.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2013, 03:45:29 PM »
Is that why you're stuck in the missionary position?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brandx

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2013, 03:47:44 PM »

Play last two years.

I'm the idiot here - too lazy to take my socks off.

It would be 1.5 at UW and 2.5 at MU. B10 has the rule that you lose 1 year of eligibility when transferring in-conf.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2013, 03:48:44 PM »

Wrong, Uthoff went from UW to Iowa.

that was the player to be named later from the Brust deal.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2013, 03:51:44 PM »
The way I understand it he could transfer to UW, but he would have to pay his own way for one year. He could transfer to MU and have a scholarship starting now, if we can use McKay's scholarship.  I believe it is cheaper to pay for a full year at UW than to pay for a semester at MU.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:53:39 PM by bilsu »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2013, 03:52:24 PM »
I'm the idiot here - too lazy to take my socks off.

It would be 1.5 at UW and 2.5 at MU. B10 has the rule that you lose 1 year of eligibility when transferring in-conf.

I think since Uthoff paid his own way at Iowa for a year, that he will have three full years.  So Fisher could transfer to UW...pay for three semesters...and have 2.5 years eligible.  (I think)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2013, 03:53:03 PM »
The way I understand it he could transfer to UW, but he would have to pay his own way for one year. He could transfer to MU and have a scholarship starting now, if we can use McKay's scholarship. 

I don't think we can.  Once a scholarship is used, it is done no matter if it is used for a day or the entire year.  (I recall this conversation after the TJT transfer.)

brandx

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2013, 03:56:29 PM »

I think since Uthoff paid his own way at Iowa for a year, that he will have three full years.  So Fisher could transfer to UW...pay for three semesters...and have 2.5 years eligible.  (I think)

Per Andy Katz:

The Big Ten altered its transfer rule within the conference starting  in 2011-12 -- before the Bo Ryan - Jarrod Uthoff controversy.

The league is allowing players to receive grant-in-aid, but it is also putting a harsher eligibility penalty in place that takes away a year of play from the transfer.

Chad Hawley, the Big Ten’s associate commissioner of compliance, said Thursday that the rule change was created to prevent penalizing players from receiving scholarship money. But the conference wanted to add a penalty if the player transferred within the conference.
The old rule stated that once a player signed a grant-in-aid agreement at one Big Ten school, he could transfer to a second Big Ten school but would not be allowed to receive any financial aid.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2013, 03:57:01 PM »

I don't think we can.  Once a scholarship is used, it is done no matter if it is used for a day or the entire year.  (I recall this conversation after the TJT transfer.)

Used for the year or the semester?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2013, 03:58:18 PM »
Per Andy Katz:

The Big Ten altered its transfer rule within the conference starting  in 2011-12 -- before the Bo Ryan - Jarrod Uthoff controversy.

The league is allowing players to receive grant-in-aid, but it is also putting a harsher eligibility penalty in place that takes away a year of play from the transfer.

Chad Hawley, the Big Ten’s associate commissioner of compliance, said Thursday that the rule change was created to prevent penalizing players from receiving scholarship money. But the conference wanted to add a penalty if the player transferred within the conference.
The old rule stated that once a player signed a grant-in-aid agreement at one Big Ten school, he could transfer to a second Big Ten school but would not be allowed to receive any financial aid.

Ah....thank you very much.  I stand corrected.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2013, 03:58:41 PM »
Used for the year or the semester?

I am about 99% sure it is for the year.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2013, 04:00:13 PM »

Keefe, I have 6 "toes" on my left foot, but only because my johnson is so big that I have to keep it in my socks for warmth and my shoe for protection.

So big it fits in your sock along with your foot eh?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2013, 04:00:49 PM »
I4 boards say he is homesick.   Hmmmm.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2013, 04:10:57 PM »

Play last two years.

If he wanted to couldn't he Red-shirt all of next year wherever he goes and then have 3 years of eligibility (or 2 if it is UW/B10).

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2013, 04:12:49 PM »
If he wanted to couldn't he Red-shirt all of next year wherever he goes and then have 3 years of eligibility (or 2 if it is UW/B10).

Yes.  I believe so.  But he would get good playing time second semester next year.

Warhawk Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2013, 04:16:02 PM »
Come on home Luke! 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2013, 04:18:25 PM »
Sic em Buzz. We could use a local 4 star 7 footer on our squad
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2013, 04:20:47 PM »

The Ordies had to sling an extra 500 pound bomb on the starboard wing to correct the CG list to port

Death on call

breadtree

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2013, 04:23:08 PM »
Does Marquette have a scholarship for him?  Aren't there 5 openings and 5 commits for next year?  Perhaps Mayo is done after this year?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2013, 04:25:03 PM »
Does Marquette have a scholarship for him?  Aren't there 5 openings and 5 commits for next year?  Perhaps Mayo is done after this year?

Harris isn't official yet.   Right now, Hill, Cohen, Pierce, Shaylok are the 4 who have signed the LOI's.   Also, if history is an indicator of future, there will be roster transition.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2013, 04:26:56 PM »

Plus, I suspect they want to save one for Otule

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2013, 04:28:01 PM »
Sic em Buzz. We could use a local 4 star 7 footer on our squad

People predicting transfer to Marquette, see last line:

"News just came across the wire that promising Wisconsin big man Luke Fischer is going to pursue a transfer away from Indiana University. My first reaction to this one is, "crap". This is going to hurt the Hoosiers not only in the short term but in the long term as well. Fischer was just starting to show some signs of coming into his own after battling with the inconsistency provided by a shoulder issue.

Fischer, a 6'11" freshman out of Germantown, Wisconsin should have plenty of opportunity to find a school that fits him. He's a typical Wisconsin big man that has great defensive instincts and a solid offensive base on which to build. The guy is very much a winner and despite only playing 10 minutes per game early into the season, figured to offer some high quality protection behind the foul prone Noah Vonleh and Hanner Perea. Now the Hoosiers are going to be vulnerable to a lack of depth on the front line in the Big Ten.

Word on the street is that he was feeling homesick during the fall semester and is looking to find a place a little closer to home. I can relate to that somewhat and feel for the guy. As many of you know I spent two years out in New Jersey at Seton Hall before I transferred to Indiana University. A big chunk of the reason I did so was because of some homesickness. Seton Hall actually offered more for me and what I wanted to do academically than IU could offer, but as Dorothy says there is no place like home.

There are times where you just get a craving for the familiar and no amount of friends or support could make up for that void. So we wish Luke the best of luck as he pursues an institution that can provide him a quality education closer to the familiar. I wouldn't be shocked if he's a Marquette Golden Eagle in the near future."
Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

4th and State

• Starter
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2013, 04:38:16 PM »
So, if he transfers here, he would pay his own way at MU until next season and then have a Scholie(Assuming the usual transfer/Harris not coming)?