collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: the NBA has a giant problem  (Read 2968 times)

mugrad99

• Team Captain
the NBA has a giant problem
« on: January 05, 2011, 10:14:14 AM »
After reading the Wes article and now seeing this....  http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5990552

reinko

• All American
Re: the NBA has a giant problem
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 10:19:51 AM »
After reading the Wes article and now seeing this....  http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5990552

Oh heavens.  I can't believe they are allowed to play cards and gamble.  And fighting?!!??

But what about the children???

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 11:02:07 AM »

I'm assuming you're kidding, but I do vaguely remember a similar incident within the last couple of years.  Didn't Gilbert Arenas' gun incident have its genesis in a card game?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 11:07:49 AM »
I'm assuming you're kidding, but I do vaguely remember a similar incident within the last couple of years.  Didn't Gilbert Arenas' gun incident have its genesis in a card game?

Yup.  Bill Simmons theorizes that every grudge between NBA players is over either cards or women.

And what Wes article are we talking about?
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 12:17:51 PM »
Only difference is that we here about this stuff as opposed to 30 years ago.

There isn't much of a chance to eliminate gambling form the NBA.  You have a bunch of hyper competitive, rich kids spending 100's of hours on the road with each other.  Put xboxes in the planes and they'll all be betting on madden. 

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 02:25:26 PM »
lol, you don't think players get in fights in colleges all-time over cards and women? I never understood people who think the college game is so pure. I mean, I never heard of a college player getting kicked out of school for stealing an atm card, sexually assualting a passed out girl, smoking weed, or having an overbearing father drag him off the court.....  ::)

THE NCAA HAS A GIANT PROBLEM

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 03:01:07 PM »
this is why every NBA team needs to open a new position in the organization... Head Bookie.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

mugrad99

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 03:23:33 PM »

yes. I have to remember, teal is my friend.....

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 06:11:06 PM »
Bill Simmons theorizes that every grudge between NBA players is over either cards or women.

Every grudge between every man is over money or women. This has been going on since before the Caveman lawyer was frozen.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 12:46:18 PM »
Every grudge between every man is over money or women. This has been going on since before the Caveman lawyer was frozen.

one of I4's best bits ever!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 01:11:18 PM »

GoldenWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 01:53:22 PM »
There is absolutely no way the NBA will ever ban card games in locker rooms and team flights, etc.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 01:58:23 PM »
Seems to me that they should ban guys playing on credit.  Cash upfront and no one owes anything.