[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:22:34 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Badger Hate Week  (Read 86965 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Badger Hate Week
« Reply #250 on: December 05, 2018, 12:44:11 PM »
Brothers! Sisters! I am loving all this hate on this most holy of weeks. But let us not turn on each other. Channel that hate towards the real enemy!

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #251 on: December 05, 2018, 12:46:43 PM »
And there it is..I knew someone would completely mis interpret what I was saying, and come out with this as their interpretation. I will say this once and ONLY once..I never said (nor implied) women shouldn't be respected or be allowed to make decisions. I simply said..that I have old fashioned beliefs and believe in traditional gender roles. That has ZERO to do with not respecting women..NONE.

Do you NOT know any stay at home moms?? Women can be whatever they want to be..and we all appreciate/like different things in different people. Just because what I look for in someone doesn't fit today's woman(for the most part), doesn't mean it's awful or disrespectful towards women...got it??

You just believe in respectfully telling them to stay home or what they can/cannot wear?  :o

Rule is real simple, despite those trying to make it not:

Wear MU colors to MU game and not the opposing team’s.

This is idiotic. Were you like this for your high school team? are you like this for your pro teams?
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #252 on: December 05, 2018, 12:49:55 PM »
Obviously you don't wear the pants...that's cool...that's your prerogative. It's the way most are now days.

No it actually isn't his prerogative.  If she wants him to tell her what she should wear, that's her choice.  Not his.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #253 on: December 05, 2018, 12:54:24 PM »

No it actually isn't his prerogative.  If she wants him to tell her what she should wear, that's her choice.  Not his.

Like I said, it's a totally different world we live in now...totally different.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #254 on: December 05, 2018, 12:58:09 PM »
Brothers! Sisters! I am loving all this hate on this most holy of weeks. But let us not turn on each other. Channel that hate towards the real enemy!

Hear hear... Now everyone get their last shots in and get back on topic.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #255 on: December 05, 2018, 01:02:48 PM »
Look all...I get that a lot have family members that are badger alum etc...nothing you can do about that, and you shouldn't. That being said, if you can't get amped up enough, to want nothing more than to see this shoved up "fans" like Butch Badger, Swenson, ErictheReds etc asses, then there is something wrong. Very wrong. Those three in and of itself(and there are plenty more), should be why you want this game so badly, and is PLENTY good enough reason to hating the badgers.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #256 on: December 05, 2018, 01:16:08 PM »
As a counterpoint,

Glow was out of town for the K-state game so I sold his ticket on the Ticketmaster site.   I did not speak to the guy who bought my ticket except for a brief greeting when I sat down next to him.  I had good friends sitting on the other side of me and spent my time talking with them.

He was not wearing any clothing to indicate which side he was cheering for, but my guess is that he was a K-state fan, because he sat quietly with his arms folded the entire game.   That was amusing to observe.

Pics, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Wahoo85

• Walk-On
« Reply #257 on: December 05, 2018, 01:17:54 PM »
Long time follower of the board.  First time posting.  I felt compelled to post because Brad Davison's ridiculous flopping drives me nuts.  If anyone can send a suggestion to the student section, I would love to see the "wave" replace by the "flop".  A student can start the flop at the bottom corner of the student section by exaggerating a"touch" with their index finger and the flop can spread from there with students falling down instead of waving their arms.  In this way, Davison's ridiculous acting job will receive the proper mocking it deserves.

I've said my peace.  Carry on with the mostly insightful analysis of MU Basketball.  Go Warriors!

muguru

• All American
« Reply #258 on: December 05, 2018, 01:25:35 PM »
Long time follower of the board.  First time posting.  I felt compelled to post because Brad Davison's ridiculous flopping drives me nuts.  If anyone can send a suggestion to the student section, I would love to see the "wave" replace by the "flop".  A student can start the flop at the bottom corner of the student section by exaggerating a"touch" with their index finger and the flop can spread from there with students falling down instead of waving their arms.  In this way, Davison's ridiculous acting job will receive the proper mocking it deserves.

I've said my peace.  Carry on with the mostly insightful analysis of MU Basketball.  Go Warriors!

This is absolutely priceless, and would be a beautiful sight to see! This sounds like something the MU Lacrosse team would thrive on.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #259 on: December 05, 2018, 01:28:13 PM »
My BIL is former prez of the UW Alum association.  He's taken me to the game in Madison for years.  He has prominent seats in the middle of the UW Alum sweater vest crowd.  I wear Blue and Gold every year, and I keep getting invited back.  If he'd ever come with me to the Milwaukee game, he's welcome to wear red.

My bride is a UW hyphen grad and a Badger fan too.  When we sit with the BIL in Madison, she wears Blue and Gold.  Gotta love it.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #260 on: December 05, 2018, 01:35:40 PM »
1. Going to games with my wife is awesome because she is an excellent conversationalist and knows what she is talking about when it comes to basketball
2. She cheers for Madison but is in no way obnoxious about it to anyone other than me.
3. The tickets are paid for by both of us, I somehow get to deprive her of the joy of seeing her team live once every 730 days because.......reasons?
4. Yes I have plenty of other people I could take to the game, but I don't like them as much as I do her
5. She is extremely patient with my hatred of Wisconsin and yet every other game she is there cheering for Marquette and happy to pay for season tickets every year, etc. So that "behavior" gets rewarded by me ostracizing her? Want to guess how quickly the option to get season tickets goes away?
5. Shall I also ask her to stay home and be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen?

Eng, when were you going to tell us this great news!   ;D

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #261 on: December 05, 2018, 01:43:26 PM »
Eng, when were you going to tell us this great news!   ;D

actually.......
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #262 on: December 05, 2018, 01:43:59 PM »

Well done young skywalker.  Get a hold of the LaxBros.  Seriously, figure out who the team captain is and get in touch immediately.  I promise you that the whole team will get involved that that you'll have plenty of time to train/practice pregame.  This will be epic on the big Fox channel Saturday.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #263 on: December 05, 2018, 01:44:50 PM »
Look all...I get that a lot have family members that are badger alum etc...nothing you can do about that, and you shouldn't. That being said, if you can't get amped up enough, to want nothing more than to see this shoved up "fans" like Butch Badger, Swenson, ErictheReds etc asses, then there is something wrong. Very wrong. Those three in and of itself(and there are plenty more), should be why you want this game so badly, and is PLENTY good enough reason to hating the badgers.

All's cool guru!  Just take time to enjoy the game!

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #264 on: December 05, 2018, 01:59:17 PM »
I think it was two or three years ago and we played Xavier. I was sitting by one of the most obnoxious X fans I've ever seen in my life (similar to Badger fans). It drove me crazy and makes me understand why guru doesn't want opposing teams fans at the game. But damn did it feel good to win by like 20 and watch that annoying prick sit there with his tail between his legs.  So yes obviously we don't want a sea of red on Saturday, but it isn't the worst thing in the world to be able to rub some victory in the face of those obnoxious people

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #265 on: December 05, 2018, 02:15:46 PM »

This would be outstanding when Davison is about to shoot a free throw...Students, make it happen!!

muguru

• All American
« Reply #266 on: December 05, 2018, 02:16:15 PM »
I think it was two or three years ago and we played Xavier. I was sitting by one of the most obnoxious X fans I've ever seen in my life (similar to Badger fans). It drove me crazy and makes me understand why guru doesn't want opposing teams fans at the game. But damn did it feel good to win by like 20 and watch that annoying prick sit there with his tail between his legs.  So yes obviously we don't want a sea of red on Saturday, but it isn't the worst thing in the world to be able to rub some victory in the face of those obnoxious people

This I agree with 100%...I want SOME there, but scattered, and minimal, but just enough to taunt the obnoxious ones.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #267 on: December 05, 2018, 02:18:41 PM »
If you wear red to a Marquette versus Wisco game at Marquette, then ur prolly a complete A-hole.

It’s really that simple.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #268 on: December 05, 2018, 02:20:32 PM »
Bager boards downplaying this game like its no big deal once again. annoying

muguru

• All American
« Reply #269 on: December 05, 2018, 02:21:52 PM »
This would be outstanding when Davison is about to shoot a free throw...Students, make it happen!!

Expounding on this...find a Davison jersey..and have someone wear it and HE can be Davison throughout, then..have another student dressed as a referee, and have someone mock dribbling a basketball, into said student wearing Davison jersey and when he lightly brushes him(or hell just look at him funny) have the "official" do the charge call, and the other students can "boo" the terrible call. Someone get a hold of the Lacrosse team, they would 100% do it!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #270 on: December 05, 2018, 02:23:03 PM »
If you wear red to a Marquette versus Wisco game at Marquette, then ur prolly a complete A-hole.

Someone is a being "a complete A-hole," but probably not who you're thinking of.

jnolan23

• Walk-On
« Reply #271 on: December 05, 2018, 02:23:49 PM »

Love this.  Seems like the fine folks at @mubbnation could facilitate such an idea.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #272 on: December 05, 2018, 02:31:49 PM »
Are we allowed to talk about the actual game here?

Am I the only one that thinks that Matt should start?  Stopping Happ is obviously the key.  Matt was excellent last year, when Theo only played 10 minutes.  Despite Theo's improvements from last year, I still think Matt is the best straight post defender on the team, we won't need him to defend in space.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #273 on: December 05, 2018, 02:34:01 PM »

This guy gets it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #274 on: December 05, 2018, 02:36:45 PM »
Are we allowed to talk about the actual game here?

Am I the only one that thinks that Matt should start?  Stopping Happ is obviously the key.  Matt was excellent last year, when Theo only played 10 minutes.  Despite Theo's improvements from last year, I still think Matt is the best straight post defender on the team, we won't need him to defend in space.
Matt will see plenty of time.  Theo will get in foul trouble and ed isn't big enough to guard Happ without doubling.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.