[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:22:34 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Badger Hate Week  (Read 86967 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Badger Hate Week
« Reply #225 on: December 05, 2018, 10:13:12 AM »

I'm sure tower is relieved.
I want going to be able to sleep otherwise.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #226 on: December 05, 2018, 10:16:09 AM »
The hateidiocy is strong in this thread, and it's only Wednesday.
FIFY.

I'm glad my wife is a John Carroll alum.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #227 on: December 05, 2018, 10:16:43 AM »
This makes me want to puke...literally. Then again, with you, it doesn't surprise me in the least.

Dont make me side with Da Pontiff.  Dont make me side with Da Pontiff now.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #228 on: December 05, 2018, 11:19:46 AM »
The coach of my HS bkb team used Davison's 4 or 5 drawn charges vs NC State as an example of how a player can impact his team without scoring.

I have to admit he's the kind of player you hate when he's on the opponent but love when he's yours. I worry that he'll sucker Sacar into a few charges, maybe Markus and Sam, too.

Having said that ...

F%ck him. We got this.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #229 on: December 05, 2018, 11:25:37 AM »

I had an extra pair of badger tickets, I do every year, and I will ALWAYS ALWAYS find an MU fan to sell them to at face value..if I don't/can't, I will eat them. I do my part, everyone else should to.

As a counterpoint,

Glow was out of town for the K-state game so I sold his ticket on the Ticketmaster site.   I did not speak to the guy who bought my ticket except for a brief greeting when I sat down next to him.  I had good friends sitting on the other side of me and spent my time talking with them.

He was not wearing any clothing to indicate which side he was cheering for, but my guess is that he was a K-state fan, because he sat quietly with his arms folded the entire game.   That was amusing to observe.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 11:28:06 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #230 on: December 05, 2018, 11:26:47 AM »
I mean, would it be the worst thing in the world to find an MU buddy to go to this ONE game with every year instead?? If his wife goes to all the other games(kudos to her), can't she sit this ONE game out and quietly cheer for UW at home watching it on TV or something instead??

1. Going to games with my wife is awesome because she is an excellent conversationalist and knows what she is talking about when it comes to basketball
2. She cheers for Madison but is in no way obnoxious about it to anyone other than me.
3. The tickets are paid for by both of us, I somehow get to deprive her of the joy of seeing her team live once every 730 days because.......reasons?
4. Yes I have plenty of other people I could take to the game, but I don't like them as much as I do her
5. She is extremely patient with my hatred of Wisconsin and yet every other game she is there cheering for Marquette and happy to pay for season tickets every year, etc. So that "behavior" gets rewarded by me ostracizing her? Want to guess how quickly the option to get season tickets goes away?
5. Shall I also ask her to stay home and be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #231 on: December 05, 2018, 11:37:31 AM »
5. Shall I also ask her to stay home and be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen?

Yes.  And this is what I expect to see if MU loses:

muguru

• All American
« Reply #232 on: December 05, 2018, 11:45:18 AM »
1. Going to games with my wife is awesome because she is an excellent conversationalist and knows what she is talking about when it comes to basketball
2. She cheers for Madison but is in no way obnoxious about it to anyone other than me.
3. The tickets are paid for by both of us, I somehow get to deprive her of the joy of seeing her team live once every 730 days because.......reasons?
4. Yes I have plenty of other people I could take to the game, but I don't like them as much as I do her
5. She is extremely patient with my hatred of Wisconsin and yet every other game she is there cheering for Marquette and happy to pay for season tickets every year, etc. So that "behavior" gets rewarded by me ostracizing her? Want to guess how quickly the option to get season tickets goes away?

+10000000000000000 % Although, to be quite honest, you shouldn't have to ask.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #233 on: December 05, 2018, 11:47:24 AM »

See now, I'd assume this was a joke. But I believe you also told a story about how you split from your wife (totally fine) because MU basketball was more important.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #234 on: December 05, 2018, 11:49:25 AM »

This is either brilliant sarcasm or whatever is the opposite.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #235 on: December 05, 2018, 11:55:20 AM »
See now, I'd assume this was a joke. But I believe you also told a story about how you split from your wife (totally fine) because MU basketball was more important.

I wouldn't assume anything. Because I am such a lightning rod for criticism, I am sure I will get criticized for having old fashioned beliefs, and for preferring my women to be "girly"(and that can be interpreted by each individual). yet, we all have different beliefs/thoughts about different things, and that is our right, and those things will not fall under the scrutiny/criticism this comment will...not sure why, but...fire away.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #236 on: December 05, 2018, 11:57:25 AM »
I wouldn't assume anything. Because I am such a lightning rod for criticism, I am sure I will get criticized for having old fashioned beliefs, and for preferring my women to be "girly"(and that can be interpreted by each individual). yet, we all have different beliefs/thoughts about different things, and that is our right, and those things will not fall under the scrutiny/criticism this comment will...not sure why, but...fire away.

I don't agree with you but I also don't plan on criticizing you. Just was unsure if you were joking or not.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #237 on: December 05, 2018, 12:00:53 PM »

Martyr status...achieved.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #238 on: December 05, 2018, 12:16:41 PM »
Dont make me side with Da Pontiff.  Dont make me side with Da Pontiff now.
Good way to put it ZFB.  He's like the Pope of Scoop Village.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #239 on: December 05, 2018, 12:17:30 PM »
Martyr status...achieved.

It is what it is...basically my point is, we live in a COMPLETELY different world now, and I for one, don't care for it...for MANY different reasons.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #240 on: December 05, 2018, 12:24:53 PM »

Who said she couldnt go??! Just dont wear red!!! This defense of the indefensible is sad
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #241 on: December 05, 2018, 12:27:07 PM »
Hahaha. Holy crap this thread is juuuust amazing. This should be required reading for future generations.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #242 on: December 05, 2018, 12:29:47 PM »
This.

I'm curious what their strict idiotic rules are for UW alumni who went to Grad school at MU? Should they sit out the game because it's the one game of the year they'd root for UW that one game a year?

Rule is real simple, despite those trying to make it not:

Wear MU colors to MU game and not the opposing team’s. 
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #243 on: December 05, 2018, 12:30:26 PM »
Hahaha. Holy crap this thread is juuuust amazing. This should be required reading for future generations.
I feel bad for future generations. They will have to do things like respect women and let them make their own decisions. DISGUSTING

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #244 on: December 05, 2018, 12:36:15 PM »
Rule is real simple, despite those trying to make it not:

Wear MU colors to MU game and not the opposing team’s.

Have you ever been to a road game? Did you wear MU colors?

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #245 on: December 05, 2018, 12:38:09 PM »
Have you ever been to a road game? Did you wear MU colors?
Let's hope not...how disrespectful!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #246 on: December 05, 2018, 12:40:08 PM »
Who said she couldnt go??! Just dont wear red!!! This defense of the indefensible is sad

Cool, I'll also ask her to change clothes when she looks a little too "forward" when we go out as well because I'm clearly the boss of her.

I'm trying to be patient with your yahoos but this is kind of insane.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #247 on: December 05, 2018, 12:40:38 PM »
By that standard, having more Marquette fans than Depaul fans at a game in Chicago is inappropriate.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #248 on: December 05, 2018, 12:42:17 PM »
I feel bad for future generations. They will have to do things like respect women and let them make their own decisions. DISGUSTING

And there it is..I knew someone would completely mis interpret what I was saying, and come out with this as their interpretation. I will say this once and ONLY once..I never said (nor implied) women shouldn't be respected or be allowed to make decisions. I simply said..that I have old fashioned beliefs and believe in traditional gender roles. That has ZERO to do with not respecting women..NONE.

Do you NOT know any stay at home moms?? Women can be whatever they want to be..and we all appreciate/like different things in different people. Just because what I look for in someone doesn't fit today's woman(for the most part), doesn't mean it's awful or disrespectful towards women...got it??

muguru

• All American
« Reply #249 on: December 05, 2018, 12:44:07 PM »
Cool, I'll also ask her to change clothes when she looks a little too "forward" when we go out as well because I'm clearly the boss of her.

I'm trying to be patient with your yahoos but this is kind of insane.

Obviously you don't wear the pants...that's cool...that's your prerogative. It's the way most are now days.

feedback