collapse

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 09:00:07 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:11:08 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Shooting(s) After Bucks Game  (Read 5763 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Shooting(s) After Bucks Game
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2022, 06:27:06 PM »
Doc

I am sorry, but you should not post on this thread because of you currently being a suburban dweller. Your upbringing may mean something to you, but being a Mequon guy prohibits you from discussing the city of MKE.
Again, I am sorry for pointing this out and please focus your efforts cleaning up the mess in the dental racket, and it sure sounds like a hell of a mess.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2022, 06:28:26 PM »

I am sorry, but I thought there was a lengthy thread on another mass shooting. I must be misremembering.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2022, 06:37:18 PM »
The honest answer is I am unsure what I would do. If it’s a lost cause, run for my life.

I would run as well.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2022, 06:41:57 PM »
Thank you. Jockey's scenario is what I was imagining.

Having a firearm for safety/protection when you're alone make sense.

I wasn't understanding how it would make sense in the middle of a mass shooting

I agree. I have no problems with having a gun for protection, for hunting, for target shooting, or for collectors.

But Assault rifles need to be banned. Period.

There is no need for a citizen to own a gun whose ONLY purpose is to kill massive amounts of people in a short time.

No one who owns one of these weapons is a responsible gun owner. No one.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2022, 06:53:14 PM »
I agree. I have no problems with having a gun for protection, for hunting, for target shooting, or for collectors.

There is no need for a citizen to own a gun whose ONLY purpose is to kill massive amounts of people in a short time.

"assault rifles" are banned and/or illegal.  until you know what you are talking about, educate yourself.  assault rifles are fully automatic or interchangeable between full automatic and semi auto.  if you don't know the difference, automatics only require one to hold the trigger for multiple rounds to be continuously fired, i.e. machine guns.  semi-auto fires once per trigger pull

AR stands for armalite, the original maunfacturer of the semi auto rifles people like to call "assault" rifles.   the reason people like to call AR's assault rifles is because it sounds scary 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2022, 07:01:30 PM »

I have plenty of Armalite rifles. I have no idea what an “assault rifle” is because it’s a made up, fictional term to scare people who don’t know anything about firearms.
All Lives Matter

Goose

• All American
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2022, 07:06:30 PM »
Hey Merit

I hope you post more often. Good to see some new faces.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2022, 07:07:45 PM »
Good point, glad we don't have to be afraid of mass violence perpetuated by easy access to non-assault rifles.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2022, 07:11:17 PM »

I am sorry, but I thought there was a lengthy thread on another mass shooting. I must be misremembering.

Goose, I look forward to your similar Scoop police work when Doc Dribble starts his 10th and 11th MU campus crime threads.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2022, 07:16:09 PM »
More guns, whatever they are, aren’t the answer.  People that brag about having AR-15’s or whatever are usually mouth breathing, no dick, overcompensating losers as we can see in this thread
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2022, 07:19:36 PM »

It is not police work and I appreciated you pointing out my sticking to the NBA when I veered off target on a thread. Just thought it was it paying it forward.

Note, I told Doc he should not post in the MKE thread because he is no longer a resident in the city. Posters spoke and I wanted him to know that he should only focus on suburban issues.

Hey, if it was me I would welcome Doc to discuss his thoughts on the shooting last night. I would equally welcome you to derail any or all threads with off the topic comments. The mods are getting overwhelmed shutting down threads and I am trying to help out. I cannot fix the perceived gun problem in MKE and helping here seems like a worthy cause. Shutting down a thread 14 posts shows the level of stress and I want us to help each other.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2022, 07:57:59 PM »
I have plenty of Armalite rifles. I have no idea what an “assault rifle” is because it’s a made up, fictional term to scare people who don’t know anything about firearms.

I think you know exactly what an assault rifle is. A widely used generic term for rapid fire rifles with a large magazine capacity.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2022, 08:15:15 PM »
Doc

I am sorry, but you should not post on this thread because of you currently being a suburban dweller. Your upbringing may mean something to you, but being a Mequon guy prohibits you from discussing the city of MKE.
Again, I am sorry for pointing this out and please focus your efforts cleaning up the mess in the dental racket, and it sure sounds like a hell of a mess.
If the good Doc cannot post because he is not living in MKE, shouldn't that apply to everyone who doesn't live in MKE?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2022, 08:23:07 PM »
NcFan

It is complicated. If you do not live in greater MKE you are free to voice any opinion on the topic. If you reside in suburbs there is strong argument that you should not contribute to the situation because you do not actually live in the city. As I said, it is complicated, but if you are from NC I do not think any posters will object of you joining the conversation. But, if you happen to have a political slant against WI leaders, there could be some objection by some posters.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2022, 08:26:19 PM »
I see, so Nads has more suck on MKE matters than me, hey?

#QuonLivesMatta

"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2022, 08:34:12 PM »
I see, so Nads has more suck on MKE matters than me, hey?

#QuonLivesMatta

Sure as hell has more time on his hands, aina?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2022, 08:34:58 PM »
Doc Dribble

You have as much credibility on the topic as Vanilla Soft Serve has in the history of MU ball. There are guys that live 1000 miles away from campus that know better than you.

Oh, by the way I was reminded to make sure you do not post on Marquette Campus Crime post anymore. So, consider yourself warned.

Also, since we are clearing the air here, thanks for being my dentist. I know your profession has a very dark side, but you appear to be pretty legit.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2022, 08:38:56 PM »
Hey Merit

I hope you post more often. Good to see some new faces.

He's Chicos.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2022, 08:43:28 PM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2022, 08:44:19 PM »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2022, 08:47:00 PM »
He's Chicos.

Not Chico’s but clearly has an agenda based on posting history.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2022, 08:48:28 PM »
Doc Dribble

You have as much credibility on the topic as Vanilla Soft Serve has in the history of MU ball. There are guys that live 1000 miles away from campus that know better than you.

Oh, by the way I was reminded to make sure you do not post on Marquette Campus Crime post anymore. So, consider yourself warned.

Also, since we are clearing the air here, thanks for being my dentist. I know your profession has a very dark side, but you appear to be pretty legit.

Yeah, but eye'm all 'bout God, family, and country. Is dat still a thing in 2022, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2022, 08:51:18 PM »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2022, 08:53:35 PM »
Dribble

I do not think God or country is acceptable on here. Family should be good, but check back later.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2022, 08:58:02 PM »
I think, going forward, I'd like to be known amongst Scoopers as Double Dribble. Think of it as a term of endearment, aina?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 09:00:37 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"