[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: IDF targets and kills food aid workers  (Read 6765 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: IDF targets and kills food aid workers
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2024, 08:08:45 AM »
I also think you can't underestimate the damage that Israel is doing in the United States right now. All of the sympathy that 10/7 generated has been washed away. The next generation of political leaders is not going to be supporting them like the previous.

Frankly I think it is remarkable that country's like Saudi Arabia and Jordan haven't been more vocal here. They know the true agitator is Iran, but Israel is caught up too much in their internal politics and their revenge to see the big picture.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2024, 08:36:27 AM »
There is an incredible double standard that applies here.  Both sides are waging not just a war, but a strong propaganda war as well.  Prior to 10/7 the numbers that Hamas put out for deaths etc were believed.  Now they're not for some reason.  Same goes for Israel.  There are a lot of people (especially politicians who benefit financially) who accept whatever Israel says.  It doesn't matter if what they've said has been proven to be false.  Those lies are pushed and propagated and repeated until they are made truth.

Both sides lie their asses off.  But one side always gets the benefit of the doubt in the mainstream press of the USA.

Do you truly believe there is no difference between Israel and Hamas?  Not snarky, legitimate question.  You don't have to absolve Israel of blame or war crimes to differentiate.

If you need a damning indictment of Bibi, look no further than the fact that the above even comes into question.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2024, 09:05:39 AM »
Do you truly believe there is no difference between Israel and Hamas?  Not snarky, legitimate question.  You don't have to absolve Israel of blame or war crimes to differentiate.

If you need a damning indictment of Bibi, look no further than the fact that the above even comes into question.

Of course there is a difference.  And at the end of the day neither of the two governments have their citizens best interest at heart.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2024, 09:19:47 AM »
So it’s this, right here.  We've entered this insane place where a significant portion of America doesn't think Israel is better than Hamas. 

Actually we’ve entered a place even more insane than that. Our elite universities are filled with teachers and students who think than Hamas are the good guys. “I am Hamas!” Is their battle cry. Nice.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2024, 09:36:41 AM »
This country has lost its moral compass. All politicians sell out for the almighty vote. We have no judges and prosecutors you uphold the law. This country is so fooked it may never recover, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2024, 09:42:59 AM »
Actually we’ve entered a place even more insane than that. Our elite universities are filled with teachers and students who think than Hamas are the good guys. “I am Hamas!” Is their battle cry. Nice.

Well obviously that's a ridiculous sentiment. And even more ridiculous is the antisemetic language and actions, including violence, that is part of this.

But that has nothing to do with Israel's actions in Gaza, which can most certainly be condemned while not agreeing with the aforementioned protesters.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2024, 09:46:16 AM »
This country has lost its moral compass. All politicians sell out for the almighty vote. We have no judges and prosecutors you uphold the law. This country is so fooked it may never recover, aina?

Thanks, boomers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2024, 09:54:12 AM »

Lol.
Someone is watching too much Fox News.
But your boy Tom Cotton says it's exactly like 1930s Germany and the military must be deployed to college campuses, so it must be true.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2024, 09:54:32 AM »
This country has lost its moral compass. All politicians sell out for the almighty vote. We have no judges and prosecutors who uphold the law. This country is so fooked it may never recover, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2024, 09:55:13 AM »

Fear and control.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2024, 10:02:52 AM »
Grandpa rant

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2024, 10:19:47 AM »
At some point "Israel defending itself" went bye bye.  This doesn't look like defense.  It looks like wanton destruction, civilian slaughter, and no end in sight.  If Israel wants the hostages back they should agree to a ceasefire and an exchange.  Personally, I doubt very much that Hamas can produce as many hostages as Israel is still looking for. 

The alternative is stop.  Pick up the pieces of millions of people's broken lives.  There will be enmity for years.

Okay but this is another striking double standard.  The idea that after 10/7, it is incumbent on Israel to just return to the 10/6 status quo is bizarre to me.  We have come to expect and accept an ambient level of violence from Iran's proxies such that we rely on the Iron Dome and bunkers in each Israeli residence to maintain any sense of broader peace.  The laughably low expectation that traditional rules of territorial sovereignty and violence don't apply to Hamas and Hezbollah is disrespectful.  Gazans should have to live under Hamas's thumb and accept border violence with Israel because we're afraid of the collateral damage of the alternative?  The degree to which Hamas's actions shoudl be imputed to Gaza generally was always an elephant in the room of how one judge's Israel response.  The IDF is losing me now that they are continuing into Rafah, but I always thought that the endgame here was an occupation and buffer zone of parts of Gaza, and it was hard for me to fault Israel for that despite the optics.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2024, 10:26:55 AM »

Jack Smith and other prosecutors are working like hell to uphold the law. I join you in hoping they succeed.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2024, 10:28:52 AM »
Palestinians don't want a 2 state solution. They were given Gaza between 1994 and 1999, eventually held elections and chose Hamas.
Pure and simple nothing short of the total elimination of Israel will be satisfactory, hey?

#from the river to the sea and Palestine will be free

#neveragain
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2024, 10:31:18 AM »
Okay but this is another striking double standard.  The idea that after 10/7, it is incumbent on Israel to just return to the 10/6 status quo is bizarre to me.  We have come to expect and accept an ambient level of violence from Iran's proxies such that we rely on the Iron Dome and bunkers in each Israeli residence to maintain any sense of broader peace.  The laughably low expectation that traditional rules of territorial sovereignty and violence don't apply to Hamas and Hezbollah is disrespectful.  Gazans should have to live under Hamas's thumb and accept border violence with Israel because we're afraid of the collateral damage of the alternative?  The degree to which Hamas's actions shoudl be imputed to Gaza generally was always an elephant in the room of how one judge's Israel response.  The IDF is losing me now that they are continuing into Rafah, but I always thought that the endgame here was an occupation and buffer zone of parts of Gaza, and it was hard for me to fault Israel for that despite the optics.

I don't recall saying return to the status quo of 10/6.  That would only breed more violence.

Also, I wasn't aware of your Israeli citizenship.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2024, 10:32:49 AM »

What does that have to do with anything?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2024, 10:33:42 AM »
Jack Smith and other prosecutors are working like hell to uphold the law. I join you in hoping they succeed.

Well, that’s different.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2024, 10:33:50 AM »
What does that have to do with anything?

Nothing.  I just didn't know we had Israeli scoopers!

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2024, 10:38:23 AM »
Nothing.  I just didn't know we had Israeli scoopers!

Oh, I see, it was the "we rely on the Iron Dome..." comment. My language was unclear - I was using "we" broadly.  E.g. the US had to play a role in intercepting Iran's attack.  So I when I say "we" I mean from a gloabl security and de-escalation of hostilities standpoint.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2024, 10:43:43 AM »
Oh, I see, it was the "we rely on the Iron Dome..." comment. My language was unclear - I was using "we" broadly.  E.g. the US had to play a role in intercepting Iran's attack.  So I when I say "we" I mean from a gloabl security and de-escalation of hostilities standpoint.

Oh, okay, makes sense. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2024, 10:55:06 AM »

Lenny, citation please? Haven't seen that anywhere, and I'm pretty attuned to campus cultures.

For the record, I think the university and police should crack down on these protests, even though they are peaceful protests, because Universities have a right to regulate their private campuses.

I just hope everyone realizes and respects the above the next time that private campuses are doing the same regulating their campuses for when protesters are speaking up about what you/they believe in.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2024, 10:55:37 AM »
I don't recall saying return to the status quo of 10/6.  That would only breed more violence.

Too many people use 10/6 as a benchmark imo. There was no ceasefire on 10/6.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2024, 10:57:10 AM »
Lenny, citation please? Haven't seen that anywhere, and I'm pretty attuned to campus cultures.

For the record, I think the university and police should crack down on these protests, even though they are peaceful protests, because Universities have a right to regulate their private campuses.

I just hope everyone realizes and respects the above the next time that private campuses are doing the same regulating their campuses for when protesters are speaking up about what you/they believe in.

Cracking down on peaceful protests tends to accomplish the opposite of what the crackdown is intended to do. As we seem to be seeing by their rapid growth around the country.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2024, 10:58:26 AM »
Cracking down on peaceful protests tends to accomplish the opposite of what the crackdown is intended to do. As we seem to be seeing by their rapid growth around the country.

Correct.  Drive them out of a fairly safe place to protest and you're going to end up with a powder keg somewhere else.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2024, 10:58:45 AM »
Shockin' how the elephant in the room...the blatant, rising antisemitism in this country is not only tolerated, but also accepted.
A kinder, gentler nation where hate has no home here, hey?

#bullchit
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback