Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Masks at Fiserv Forum  (Read 27177 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Masks at Fiserv Forum
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2021, 06:34:58 AM »
So stupid. If you want to wear a mask, do it. If you want to stay home, great. Forcing people to wear a mask for no demonstrable benefit and without regard for their “status”… awful. #LastDays. (Ps if it’s that important then allow no fans and/or lose the concessions).

Nah man, concessions make money. Can't do that. But, remember to pull your mask down while smoking. Money talks and bullchit walks. Tax dollars workin' for da man, hey?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 06:38:09 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2021, 06:41:00 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/24/health/cloth-mask-omicron-variant-wellness/index.html

Ok, Dr. TAMU:

Cloth masks are little more than facial decorations. There's no place for them in light of Omicron," said CNN Medical Analyst Dr. Leana Wen, an emergency physician and visiting professor of health policy and management at the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health, on CNN Newsroom Tuesday.

"This is what scientists and public health officials have been saying for months, many months, in fact," Wen added in a separate phone interview.

[/i]“We need to be promoting better high-quality masks everywhere, because right now a single-layer cloth mask just isn't cutting it against Omicron," said former US Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams. [/i]

We need to follow the lead of other nations like Austria who require real masks in public if we want to really stop this. They barely let the unvaccinated out in public.

Other countries, including Germany and Austria, have "switched their standard to say that a face covering in public must be at least a medical-grade surgical mask" in certain settings, she added.

Again Billy, this article doesn't say cloth makes are useless like you claim. It says they aren't as effective as surgical grade masks and is advocating for stricter mask mandates not getting rid of mask mandates.

If your argument is the Bucks aren't doing enough and should require surgical grade masks,  then this article supports that. What it doesn't support is that there should be no mask mandate
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2021, 07:04:52 AM »

Nah man, concessions make money. Can't do that. But, remember to pull your mask down while smoking. Money talks and bullchit walks. Tax dollars workin' for da man, hey?

You need to get laid
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2021, 07:11:19 AM »
So stupid. If you want to wear a mask, do it. If you want to stay home, great. Forcing people to wear a mask for no demonstrable benefit and without regard for their “status”… awful. #LastDays. (Ps if it’s that important then allow no fans and/or lose the concessions).

Conversely, you can just stay the f*ck home if you don't want to wear a mask.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2021, 07:14:06 AM »
Again Billy, this article doesn't say cloth makes are useless like you claim. It says they aren't as effective as surgical grade masks and is advocating for stricter mask mandates not getting rid of mask mandates.

If your argument is the Bucks aren't doing enough and should require surgical grade masks,  then this article supports that. What it doesn't support is that there should be no mask mandate

Are you saying he posted a link without actually reading it???  Wow.  Reminds me of someone else...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2021, 07:23:29 AM »

Studies have shown that if two people in close proximity are wearing masks -- even cloth masks -- and one of them has Covid, there is very little likelihood of the virus passing to the other person. The percentage rises significantly if only one of the two is wearing a mask, and rises even more significantly if neither is wearing a mask.

The situation moves beyond "it's my choice, and I'm willing to take a risk" when a mask-less person becomes infected, doesn't know it, and then spreads the disease to somebody else; or when a mask-less person becomes infected and needs hospitalization, thereby depriving a non-Covid patient of an ICU bed and/or time with medical personnel.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2021, 07:40:52 AM »
C'mon man, schmatas don't protect chit, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2021, 07:47:00 AM »
I hope people are telling their dentists and surgeons that they can take their masks off while treating them.  No need for masks.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2021, 07:55:13 AM »
Cloth masks are worthless against Omicron per Dr Lena Wen on CNN yesterday and the pasted article.  Will only N95 and KN95 masks be allowed? If not then the requirement is just virtue signaling.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/23/1066871176/mask-n95-omicron-contagious

Even the article you cite does not say cloth masks are “worthless”. It says they are “OK” but that OK might not be good enough.

If I’m wearing an N95 I would still like the people near me to be wearing some mask.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2021, 07:56:56 AM »
C'mon man, schmatas don't protect chit, hey?

I had my teeth cleaned a couple of months back.   No need to go back ever again.     

Or,

I had a cleaning once and it didn't last.    It is all a scam.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2021, 07:57:25 AM »
Lens ... your post is dramatic and seems false or exaggerated

First ... Covid hit in March 2020 / not 19

Second... of course he could have seen people!  ( you’re telling me he could not sit outside/ or travel over this past summer.... when cases were near zero) ???

I appreciate his service.  Really
But what Fiserv is doing means nothing
And will not “ fix “ anything

Fixed the typo.  March 2020.

VA policy was non residents had to stay 50 feet away if we met him outside.  He could stand outside his lobby and we could be off in the distance in the parking lot.  He was never allowed to travel even over the summer.  He was allowed to walk by himself on VA grounds, that is the extent of his "leaving" since 2020.  I am not exaggerating or embellishing.  Those are the realities.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2021, 08:01:39 AM »
Are those jerks still requiring pants? The outrage! I demand freedom for my naked butt to sit in a seat.

Thanks for that visual....  ::)
Have some patience, FFS.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2021, 08:03:24 AM »
I had my teeth cleaned a couple of months back.   No need to go back ever again.     

Or,

🤯
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2021, 08:05:03 AM »
You need to get laid

Carty or Petrocelli, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2021, 08:09:23 AM »

Conversely, you can just stay the f*ck home if you don't want to wear a mask.

The guy doesn't even live in Milwaukee and is crying over this.  It would effect his life for maybe 3 hours.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2021, 08:10:33 AM »

Carty or Petrocelli, hey?

I assume those are old ladies from your days at Marquette?

Dream big!

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2021, 08:18:04 AM »

Or,

The same logic as:

1. 70% of adults are fully vaccinated,

2. 90% of patients hospitalized with COVID are unvaccinated.

Conclusion: Vaccines don’t work so what’s the point of getting one.

Those numbers may not be precisely accurate, but I hear that kind of reasoning all the time.

I also wear a seat belt whenever I drive or ride in a car even though people wearing seat belts can be killed or seriously injured in accidents. I like to tilt probabilities in my favor when I can do it with an insignificant inconvenience.

We have been wearing masks at MU games all season. Hopefully this mandate
will stop MU students from yelling at me to “take off the Fauci diaper”.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2021, 08:23:40 AM »
Why doesn't FD Joe and Fr. Fauci mandate no smoking, fast food, sugar, alcohol, etc. if they are so concerned about the health of the American public. What is going on here, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2021, 08:25:52 AM »
Why doesn't FD Joe and Fr. Fauci mandate no smoking, fast food, sugar, alcohol, etc. if they are so concerned about the health of the American public. What is going on here, hey?

Federal government has no say in these things, hey?  All up the the states, ai'na?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2021, 08:28:29 AM »
This state's current numskull is certifiable, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2021, 08:29:27 AM »

Yes, because smoking, eating fast food and drinking alcohol are just like a communicable disease.

I would have thought a "health care professional" could understand this.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2021, 08:29:48 AM »
The guy doesn't even live in Milwaukee and is crying over this.  It would effect his life for maybe 3 hours.

Where I live is not relevant. I’ve been to five Marquette games this season already, bub.

I’ve had covid and am vaxxed. FOH “requiring” me to wear a mask at an arena, except when chugging beer or eating food. It’s looney tunes thinking.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2021, 08:32:44 AM »
Uh, there are laws in place when these things affect other people (smoking bans in certain public places, drinking and driving, no Arby's on public transportation, or is that Durian?)

• All American
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2021, 08:33:57 AM »
Where I live is not relevant. I’ve been to five Marquette games this season already, bub.

I’ve had covid and am vaxxed. FOH “requiring” me to wear a mask at an arena, except when chugging beer or eating food. It’s looney tunes thinking.

Since there is no vaccine requirement to enter Fiserv, they don't know who has been vaxxed or had Covid.  So it's simply easier to enforce if everyone is required to be masked.

Again, just don't go if it is too inconvenient for you.  The games are televised, so you wouldn't be missing anything.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2021, 08:34:10 AM »
This state's current numskull is certifiable, hey?

No, Walker was voted out.