[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Inside MU Basketball season-ending episode  (Read 27767 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: Inside MU Basketball season-ending episode
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2012, 10:49:57 AM »
Granted the sexual assault allegations haven't happened before (that I know of), but fights aren't anything new. Now that may mean Crean was just better at not letting it get out or the sexual assault allegations brought about more media scrutiny. I honestly think it is probably a little of both.

This is very, very true. People kvetching about the nightclub thing would have been going nuts about what Dominic and Jerel got off the hook for as freshman. Crean managed to keep them from getting arrested on at least one occasion.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2012, 11:03:44 AM »
PRN
I disagree with the booster comment, I believe the big supporters of Buzz are still big supporters of Buzz. Your comment about MU style players vs. Badger players I think plays a role in the big picture. The big swinging dick boosters want to win and win now. Believe there is a faction of second tier boosters that would prefer Badger style kids. I alluded to that two days ago and think the vocal minority assume the worst of the kids.

Second tier posters in the sense of basketball or the university?  There are some major donors at MU that don't give a hoot about basketball but care deeply about the university.  Pilarz has to balance all those needs.  Not an easy job.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2012, 11:12:38 AM »

Chicos, you didn't answer the question and are now playing it off as "some of the postings here" suggest that.  You claimed it that it is being done differently under Buzz than previously... stand up for that statement if you think it is correct!

You keep calling me Chicos and I am not going to answer your question.  You want to talk to him, talk to him.  Send him an email.  Send him a PM. 

Also, let's not act like this is the first time that Marquette basketball players have gotten in trouble. It just never made the papers before. Granted the sexual assault allegations haven't happened before (that I know of), but fights aren't anything new. Now that may mean Crean was just better at not letting it get out or the sexual assault allegations brought about more media scrutiny. I honestly think it is probably a little of both.

Agree.  Stuff happens and sometimes it doesn't get out.  The problem is that once it does get to the papers, then the papers come looking for more.  Then you get into a drip, drip, drip, drip scenario where they turn over every rock. 

This is why Buzz must be going crazy at times whenever another incident pops up.  I would sit down with them and beg, plead, whatever it takes. "If you love me boys, stay out of trouble.  Don't do this, this, this, that, that, or this because its putting me in a tough spot with the old guard that is already skeptical of you guys."
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2012, 11:16:02 AM »

Chicos, you didn't answer the question and are now playing it off as "some of the postings here" suggest that.  You claimed it that it is being done differently under Buzz than previously... stand up for that statement if you think it is correct!

This is easy, Vike. Hoopos was so eager to denigrate Buzz he made some stuff up. He got called out on his fiction so he's talking in circles, blaming non existant "others". Obfuscation is one of his many talents.

MUViking

• Starter
« Reply #154 on: March 30, 2012, 11:19:27 AM »
You keep calling me Chicos and I am not going to answer your question.  You want to talk to him, talk to him.  Send him an email.  Send him a PM. 

Agree.  Stuff happens and sometimes it doesn't get out.  The problem is that once it does get to the papers, then the papers come looking for more.  Then you get into a drip, drip, drip, drip scenario where they turn over every rock. 

This is why Buzz must be going crazy at times whenever another incident pops up.  I would sit down with them and beg, plead, whatever it takes. "If you love me boys, stay out of trouble.  Don't do this, this, this, that, that, or this because its putting me in a tough spot with the old guard that is already skeptical of you guys."

OK, I will call you Hoopaloop, if that's what you like to be called.  Please explain your remark that Buzz is getting kids in who wouldn't have previously been admitted under, presumably, Crean.  Thank you.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #155 on: March 30, 2012, 11:21:52 AM »
MU has taken other Prop 48 players.  Gerald Posey for example.

Other playerS? Wade, Posey and who else?

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2012, 12:52:41 PM »
Hard to believe one of Chicos favorite juco transfers was Tyrone Baldwin, who if memory serves, pummeled a fellow student on Wells Street during his time in Milwaukee.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2012, 02:25:13 PM »
Hard to believe one of Chicos favorite juco transfers was Tyrone Baldwin, who if memory serves, pummeled a fellow student on Wells Street during his time in Milwaukee.

hmm...sounds, dare I say, squirmy?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #158 on: March 30, 2012, 02:29:13 PM »
ZFB
Would have voted hung like horse last night.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2012, 03:44:30 PM »
ZFB
Would have voted hung like horse last night.

yeah, WTF happened?  Ghosts in the machine???

MU Buff

• Starter
« Reply #161 on: March 30, 2012, 04:41:59 PM »
Again, I am not going to read anything into the Homer show. If Buzz wanted to leave he had every opportunity to bolt the past 72 hours. The man is highly regarded and does not need to be here if was unhappy. Either things get mended over next year or he is gone. I am betting things get fixed.
SMU gig was just a dance with another girl to let your lady know you still got it. Problem is with a move like that you might end up sleeping on the couch. Buzz knows what he is doing and will ultimately do what is best for him. If I had to place a sizable bet today I would say one and done for Buzz.
Goose, I'm not trying to start an argument or call you out.  I'd just like to know how you changed your mind within two hours or if I'm missing something.  It could just be that you were analyzing everything you've heard and decided to change your mind.  It could be that you heard some new information.  I'd just like to know.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2012, 12:15:30 AM »
Other playerS? Wade, Posey and who else?

Those are the only two I remember off the top of my head by name, but thought there was another. Was someone implying that only Crean was able to get a Prop 48?  That was my interpretation.  If I'm wrong, I am wrong.  Will not be the first or the last time.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2012, 12:21:48 AM »

You sure have an obsession with him, but since you were directing this at me I'll answer it again.  I have no issues with JUCO players.  That is one of many areas we differ, yet you still say I am him.   ::)  If memory serves, he believes 4 year players are better for stability of a program.  In some ways, he is right. Would you have rather had Jae here for 4 years or only 2?  By the time Jae got going, we really only had him for 1.5 years.  A great 1.5 years but it would have been nice to have him here longer.   Then again, I'm glad we had him.  If he qualifies he qualifies.  Not everyone agrees.  The media has certainly taken their shots at MU for going after Juco players.  From my understanding of reading this board, some donors and MU administrators aren't thrilled with it either.  Fortunately the kids that Buzz has recruited have mostly been good kids, that can change perceptions.

I loved Tyrone Baldwin except for one moment in time against Wisconsin when he went over and back and we lost to the Badgers.  Not sure where Chicos is with him, why don't you ask him?

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2012, 09:41:08 AM »
I don't know why people keep stirring the pot.  If there's one thing all of us learned through that whole SMU exercise it should be Buzz and Corey are the only ones that know what is going on in Buzz' head.
This needs to be automatically inserted after every post here. I've never seen emotion taken as fact with such absolute trust.
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2012, 10:18:06 AM »
From my understanding of reading this board, some donors and MU administrators aren't thrilled with it either.  Fortunately the kids that Buzz has recruited have mostly been good kids, that can change perceptions.

Is Marc Marotta still all over the JUCO recruiting?

In hindsight, Hank Raymonds and Rick Majerus should have gone after Ronnie Williams from St. John's Military Academy instead of Marotta.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2012, 11:27:30 AM »
Williams was earmarked for Florida early on.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2012, 11:37:24 AM »
Is Marc Marotta still all over the JUCO recruiting?

In hindsight, Hank Raymonds and Rick Majerus should have gone after Ronnie Williams from St. John's Military Academy instead of Marotta.

But, but, but, MM was a Rhodes Scholar finalist or something, wasn't he? That should count for something.
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

Goose

• All American
« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2012, 11:37:56 AM »
Ronnie was a heckuva player. He and DJ were some duo in high school.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2012, 11:38:35 AM »
What does MM have to do with Juco recruiting?

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2012, 12:15:50 PM »
Gotta loves threads that just ramble on about the same things over and over.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2012, 12:31:31 PM »
Gotta loves threads that just ramble on about the same things over and over.

Sort of like people who ramble on about how Durley needs to go to JUCO over and over?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2012, 12:44:38 PM »
Williams was earmarked for Florida early on.

Marotta was the consolation prize when MU didn't get Gary Springer from New York that year?
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2012, 05:17:54 PM »
Does anyone know how MM (the academic all-American) came to be driving a Jaguar his senior year?
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2012, 05:23:01 PM »
Does anyone know how MM (the academic all-American) came to be driving a Jaguar his senior year?

A 4 year athletic scholarship at MU loosens up some bread for a family that isn't strapped to begin with.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"