'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MurphysTillClose
[Today at 01:45:25 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 01:42:55 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tennessee vs. G-town  (Read 2886 times)

tower912

• All American
Tennessee vs. G-town
« on: November 28, 2008, 12:53:21 PM »
Wow.   Two very good teams.   Hurry back, Joe and Chris.   The UT game could get ugly without you.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

nyg

• All American
Re: Tennessee vs. G-town
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 02:11:30 PM »
Very ugly.  Tenn. looks real good.  Quick bigmen and good outside shooters.  Just throttled Georgetown in last ten minutes.

JSwarriors08

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 02:33:54 PM »
Man, unless Fulce and Otule are just on fire when they come back, I have to think we are cooked against UT.  They have looked scary good.  Let's just hope Otule is an instantaneous monster upon his return!

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 02:41:56 PM »
Last I heard we were not expecting either Fulce or Otule back before the Presbyterian game.  Anyone have any different info?

JSwarriors08

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 02:46:18 PM »
Last I heard we were not expecting either Fulce or Otule back before the Presbyterian game.  Anyone have any different info?

This is something I posted a couple weeks ago:

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=10516.0

We'll see, but my source is pretty reliable on this stuff.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 02:59:47 PM »
Man, unless Fulce and Otule are just on fire when they come back, I have to think we are cooked against UT.  They have looked scary good.  Let's just hope Otule is an instantaneous monster upon his return!

You guys have really unrealisitic expectations for Otule. The guy is a frosh who cannot even play yet. Prepare to get very disappointed once we play real teams.

JSwarriors08

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 03:03:04 PM »
You guys have really unrealisitic expectations for Otule. The guy is a frosh who cannot even play yet. Prepare to get very disappointed once we play real teams.

They're not expectations, they're wishful thinking.  Clearly he's not going to be stomping all over people when he comes back.  But a boy can wish anyway.  Clearly I should have colored my text to convey its ironic tone.

strobl2

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 03:11:33 PM »
I think we can beat G-town if we pressure the ball, they had atleast 19 turnovers.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 03:25:25 PM »

Could he really be worse than Burke, though?  I mean I love DB...hard worker and all, but he hasn't been coming through for us like we need him to.  If he could play like he did against UW last year, we'd be solid...but he hasn't done that for us.

At the very least, Otule will be another big body to throw out there to pick up fouls, instead of throwing Frozena out there.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 03:47:55 PM »

I might add that whatever OTule had to offer this year went down the drain if he's out until January 1st. Very good prospect. but needs development time-----and missing the preconference practices and games puts his development back quite a bit.

Fulce has a better chance to contribute as he is older and more experienced!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 04:23:50 PM »
I'm very concerned with our play vs. Tennessee. I hope the big four have a huge day or else... :-\
SS Marquette

mviale

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 04:47:41 PM »
I'm very concerned with our play vs. Tennessee. I hope the big four have a huge day or else... :-\

Me too. Tennessee flat out blew Sienna away. In game matchups can never be judged until the game occurs. Marquette will be ready.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 05:45:09 PM »
I posted this before ---

I am really nervous about the Tennessee game.  First off, they won the other night against UT-Chattanooga 114-75, a team predicted by many to finish second in the Southern Conference behind Davidson.  This was a legit game for them to be playing, UTC could very well make the NCAA tournament at the end of the year.  Second, they are a very long team.  They start only 1 player under 6'7".   They return NBA bound Tyler Smith, and a very good center in Wayne Chism.  They have Mcdonalds all American Scotty Hopson at the 2.  This Renaldo Woolridge who starts at the wing right now looks like an orangutan, the kid has a huge wingspan.  The player to watch out for though is Bobby Maze.  He has dominated games for them so far at the point.  Add in JP Prince off the bench, with Brian Williams, Cameron Tatum, Emmanuel Negedu, and Josh Tabb and you have a very deep team.  This is not a team that will self destruct.  This team can shoot, and are very athletic on defense.  The only reason that they didnt do as well last year as they would have liked was the lack of a true point guard, which has been fixed with the addition of Bobby Maze.  They are playing in the Old Spice classic over Thanksgiving so they will be ready for us. (Now that they have played 2 games there, they have looked scary good.  They destroyed G'Town down the strecth) Trust me, I am scared of this game.  With us lacking a true big man, this game could get out of hand if they play well.  I just dont see how we can compete with their length and athleticism.  Besides this game, we should have no problem with any of the rest of our OOC games.  I cant wait until we destroy UW!

Hopefully I am wrong....GO MARQUETTE!!!!!!! 

mviale

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 05:55:08 PM »
Are you suggesting that the UT game is lost already?

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 05:59:09 PM »
No I do not think it is lost.  I feel like our senior guards will handle the ball well against UT which will hurt UT as they thrive off of turnovers.  Im just saying that I am worried because UT is a long and athletic team and our big men haven't exactly been lighting it up yet.  They will match our speed and tempo.  It will be a good game, I think we have a chance but we will need to play well.  James has to play well and not turn the ball over.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2008, 06:30:45 PM »
over the last 4 years, we have never depended on our bigs and we have beaten plenty of big scary teams. lets not get ahead of ourselves as we have a game tonight and Tenn is not until 12/16. 

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2008, 11:18:58 PM »
over the last 4 years, we have never depended on our bigs and we have beaten plenty of big scary teams. lets not get ahead of ourselves as we have a game tonight and Tenn is not until 12/16. 

I get that. but Barro was at least somewhat respectable. burke is absolutely awful.

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 11:42:24 PM »

ditto on that for sure . . . especially since they will certainly be at a disadvantage without the support, cheering, & musical stylin's of MU Pep Band/6th Man Section!

feedback