[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Marketing Ideas  (Read 14471 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Marketing Ideas
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2023, 12:45:45 AM »
$1 beer night like Creighton would get me to Milwaukee.

Are you planning to drive back to Chicago after all of those $1 beers?   :)
Have some patience, FFS.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2023, 03:38:39 AM »
Selling our the upper deck does barely anything for Marquette other than look cool.  Their stadium deal is not ideal.  Concessions split is brutal.  The Bucks get an extra 3,000 upper tank fans and that pure profit for soda & popcorn…for MU it’s maybe another $15,000-$24,000 in tix revenue and is it worth the squeeze it took to get there?  Doubtful.

Where MU could improve is game day ops.  They’ve reverted back to Badgers basketball. Honor some faculty, tone down the hip-hop, have the band play at inopportune times, etc. 

Bring back TC as AD in Waiting and watch the Game Day Ops go back to pure 🔥🔥🔥🔥.

Game day ops is probably around 147th on the prioritized list of things an AD has to deal with.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2023, 06:46:53 AM »
Game day ops is probably around 147th on the prioritized list of things an AD has to deal with.

Not AD TC, it would be #1.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

tower912

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2023, 07:00:09 AM »
Have a scoop only section.   Put up barricades and fences around it to keep the sections around it from getting hit with flying debris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdR6MN2jKYs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90OFZQx_7xI

Ooooh, and this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40A8xpzFR2o

Put the family section (no booze, no swearing) in the opposite corner.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 08:06:01 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2023, 07:14:48 AM »
i highly doubt MU is concerned about the beer prices and/or want to link that with some marketing ploy. 

does MU still have that lay-up, free throw, half court shot for tuition thing?

do something geared toward kids, grade school-ish-half time b-ball game, 2 half court games going on at same time

basketball camps-one or two day thing

didn't MU use to send the players out to different high schools to practice with a team for an hour or so

don't...don't don't don't don't

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2023, 08:11:05 AM »
Are you planning to drive back to Chicago after all of those $1 beers?   :)

Ideally id find me a hotel Airbnb or guest room but if it's a weekend game Im lucky to have the mrs who's pretty into low carb.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2023, 08:21:34 AM »
News portion on the local news in the morning gives no mention of events for MU, Admirals, Wave or UWM. It's always Bucks. I wonder if the talking desk heads even know MU plays at Fiserv. This morning they had someone in front of Fiserv, talking Bucks. Nothing MU can do in that regard.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2023, 08:28:46 AM »
MU's attendance (and place) will be down again this year due to Central Michigan, although the profit will be up (as they charged STHs the $$$ for the game). With liquor now being served, might MU look for different ways to utilize The Al for basketball for different events (Alumni games, return to (paid) open practice events)?

It seems like Shaka is not a big fan of the events as it takes away from focus but business is business.  I see that session 1 kids camp is already sold out.  What about an adult camp?  I'd pay to watch some wealth belly Scoopers battle it out:  MOPES vs. COLES in round 1.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2023, 08:49:49 AM »
Actually after Saturday MU's average attendance will be up from last year.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2023, 08:52:38 AM »
Hahaha at a MOPES V COLES matchup for the masses to see.

Hope it isn’t a shirts versus skins game…

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2023, 08:59:56 AM »
What about an adult camp?  I'd pay to watch some wealth belly Scoopers battle it out:  MOPES vs. COLES in round 1.

I'm in. Once I get used to the shooting backdrop (it makes a difference, I hear) it's on.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2023, 09:04:19 AM »
News portion on the local news in the morning gives no mention of events for MU, Admirals, Wave or UWM. It's always Bucks. I wonder if the talking desk heads even know MU plays at Fiserv. This morning they had someone in front of Fiserv, talking Bucks. Nothing MU can do in that regard.

Sports is the lowest priority by far for any newscast.  Weather is #1.  Lance, TVV, Dario + Steph would love to cover MU more but they get such a small amount of time.  Look at any statioj promo for their news team, most leave their sports guy / girl off.  Just not a priority -- except Packers and maybe HS.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2023, 09:13:25 AM »
Bring in a new spokesperson for MU Basketball. I nominate her:
https://twitter.com/MUOverload/status/1621237014988455937?s=20&t=K22w7NXJckEjfMQPt6rzkQ

MUpugnacity

• Walk-On
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2023, 09:17:06 AM »
Ideally id find me a hotel Airbnb or guest room but if it's a weekend game Im lucky to have the mrs who's pretty into low carb.

Creighton’s $1 beer night is only up until tip off. So even if you get there right at gate open I doubt anyone is drinking more than 3 beers with the long lines I’m sure they have.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2023, 09:33:40 AM »
Sports is the lowest priority by far for any newscast.  Weather is #1.  Lance, TVV, Dario + Steph would love to cover MU more but they get such a small amount of time.  Look at any statioj promo for their news team, most leave their sports guy / girl off.  Just not a priority -- except Packers and maybe HS.
Speaking of Dario……when is that guy gonna get a sportcoat that actually fits. He reminds me of Farley’s fat guy in a little jacket bit.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2023, 09:38:29 AM »
Hahaha at a MOPES V COLES matchup for the masses to see.

Hope it isn’t a shirts versus skins game…

Gold vs. Valor Blue sweater vests will be provided.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2023, 10:18:00 AM »

I get that (aka my screen name) LOL, yet I'm not talking about a breakdown in sports on the news part. Just talking when they do a camera shot of Fiserv while they talking about the weather, can't get a one liner that MU plays tonight, like they do for the Bucks. 3 words can't be too hard.
-Bill Walton

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2023, 12:17:46 PM »
Gold vs. Valor Blue sweater vests will be provided.

As long as there are no pants.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2023, 12:22:02 PM »
I believe the marketing department could do more. I also believe that there is truth to the belief that marketing an unattractive product is wasted money. Winning is ultimately what will fill the seats. No amount of emails or giveaways was going to drive attendance in a post COVID/Wojo world. As Shaka wins more and more, I think you will see more and more from the marketing department. I have seen incremental improvements to marketing as the team has won more and more. Win some games in March and I think you will see a big increase in attendance and marketing efforts.
I agree with this analysis.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2023, 03:19:41 PM »

Plenty of MU alums in local media.  Does Marquette ever touch base with them and ask for some love?

Alum Brad Galli manages to slip Marquette into his Detroit sportscast with regularity.
Have some patience, FFS.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2023, 03:26:40 PM »
As long as there are no pants.

why does it not surprise me that you would enjoy that? 

do the passengers on your big bus require pants?
don't...don't don't don't don't

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2023, 03:39:08 PM »

Coming from this guy...

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2023, 04:02:38 PM »

Good one.  Lemme know where to pick up the tickets for the comedy tour.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2023, 04:20:13 PM »
Good one.  Lemme know where to pick up the tickets for the comedy tour.

Well, it won’t be in major cities
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2023, 04:28:21 PM »
Have a scoop only section.   Put up barricades and fences around it to keep the sections around it from getting hit with flying debris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdR6MN2jKYs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90OFZQx_7xI

Ooooh, and this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40A8xpzFR2o

Put the family section (no booze, no swearing) in the opposite corner.
So many dentists taken down on that second video.
Goal is National Championship

feedback