[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Markus  (Read 87462 times)

TheyWereCones

• Starter
Re: Markus
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2019, 03:52:25 PM »
We'll see what happens. I think he and Sam both should've declared last year for the feedback. While losing Rowsey ended up a net positive because of the defensive improvement, losing Howard would be terrible for this team. He's a good enough defender in the system & irreplaceable offensive piece.

Irreplaceable?  That's bold.  Let's dig in a bit.  Would you rather have Howard or Morant running point?  What if Torrence is the next Morant?  Unlikely, but can you definitively say Howard is irreplaceable?

Was he the primary reason we won certain games this year?  Absolutely.  Was he the primary reason we lost certain games this year?  Absolutely.  I personally don't like when so much of a team's success rides on one player.  Would rather have more balance so if the star is off we can still win.

Let's also look at a few examples.  Two years ago, we knocked off #1 Villanova at home, in a game where Howard didn't score and was limited to about 10 minutes if I remember correctly due to foul trouble.  Yet we still won.  Fast forward two years and we have a better team, Nova has a worse team, Howard is 2 years older and BE POY, and we still barely beat them at home.

What about at Creighton when Howard went out injured midway through the game when we were down about 15 one or two years ago when they had a better team than this year and we had a worse team?  What happens?  We storm back and win without him.  Fast forward to this year.  At Creighton 99.99999% of the time we lose that game, yet Howard had like 40 before OT.  I would rather not have a guy with 40 in regulation and get a W.

Or how about at Georgetown this year?  Howard plays 3 non-factor minutes and we win.  Home against Georgetown with the title on the line and Howard playing, we lose.

Now, let me be very clear on my overall stance on this.  I want Howard on the team and I do think he's a tremendous asset.  However, I do not think he's irreplaceable.  We can and have won without him.  I think Wojo gives him way too long of a leash and I don't think Wojo uses him correctly at all.  On days when Howard doesn't have it, he doesn't stop shooting and it kills us.  It's also no fun to watch, let alone play with, a volume shooter who isn't making shots.  Give me a PG who gets everyone involved and who averages 12 PPG all day over a guy who can hit 50 but also usually shoots 20+ shots and turns it over as much as he assists others.

I would rather see more balance.  Unfortunately we didn't have another good PG option this year, so options were limited.  Just look...Howard had more turnovers this year than assists.  That's not good for a point guard.  He's not a point guard.  I believe we played this entire season without a BE caliber PG.  Hard to make noise in March that way.  Our crash & burn is Exhibit A.

My preference for next year is that everyone comes back, Elliott & Eke are healthy, Akanno and Torrence are here, and McKewen & Torrence run point (with spot minutes for Akanno) while Howard plays off the ball and gets 25 to 35 MPG depending how he's playing (like everyone else).  Now that's a team to get excited about.

Howard running PG, playing 35+ minutes, launching 20+ shots every game no matter the result again next year and getting constant unlimited star treatment and unending praise from Wojo?  My opinion, but then expect a repeat of this year.  Also, poor Sam must be so tired of having to constantly answer questions about Howard during the postgame pressers.  We need more balance.  Enough of the star parade.  I don't like where it gets us.  I don't like the feeling all us fans have right now about how this season ended.  There's a lot of anger and a lot of justified reasons for it.
Those could have been guests at her wedding.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2019, 04:20:16 PM »
Irreplaceable?  That's bold.  Let's dig in a bit.  Would you rather have Howard or Morant running point?  What if Torrence is the next Morant?  Unlikely, but can you definitively say Howard is irreplaceable?

Was he the primary reason we won certain games this year?  Absolutely.  Was he the primary reason we lost certain games this year?  Absolutely.  I personally don't like when so much of a team's success rides on one player.  Would rather have more balance so if the star is off we can still win.

Let's also look at a few examples.  Two years ago, we knocked off #1 Villanova at home, in a game where Howard didn't score and was limited to about 10 minutes if I remember correctly due to foul trouble.  Yet we still won.  Fast forward two years and we have a better team, Nova has a worse team, Howard is 2 years older and BE POY, and we still barely beat them at home.

What about at Creighton when Howard went out injured midway through the game when we were down about 15 one or two years ago when they had a better team than this year and we had a worse team?  What happens?  We storm back and win without him.  Fast forward to this year.  At Creighton 99.99999% of the time we lose that game, yet Howard had like 40 before OT.  I would rather not have a guy with 40 in regulation and get a W.

Or how about at Georgetown this year?  Howard plays 3 non-factor minutes and we win.  Home against Georgetown with the title on the line and Howard playing, we lose.

Now, let me be very clear on my overall stance on this.  I want Howard on the team and I do think he's a tremendous asset.  However, I do not think he's irreplaceable.  We can and have won without him.  I think Wojo gives him way too long of a leash and I don't think Wojo uses him correctly at all.  On days when Howard doesn't have it, he doesn't stop shooting and it kills us.  It's also no fun to watch, let alone play with, a volume shooter who isn't making shots.  Give me a PG who gets everyone involved and who averages 12 PPG all day over a guy who can hit 50 but also usually shoots 20+ shots and turns it over as much as he assists others.

I would rather see more balance.  Unfortunately we didn't have another good PG option this year, so options were limited.  Just look...Howard had more turnovers this year than assists.  That's not good for a point guard.  He's not a point guard.  I believe we played this entire season without a BE caliber PG.  Hard to make noise in March that way.  Our crash & burn is Exhibit A.

My preference for next year is that everyone comes back, Elliott & Eke are healthy, Akanno and Torrence are here, and McKewen & Torrence run point (with spot minutes for Akanno) while Howard plays off the ball and gets 25 to 35 MPG depending how he's playing (like everyone else).  Now that's a team to get excited about.

Howard running PG, playing 35+ minutes, launching 20+ shots every game no matter the result again next year and getting constant unlimited star treatment and unending praise from Wojo?  My opinion, but then expect a repeat of this year.  Also, poor Sam must be so tired of having to constantly answer questions about Howard during the postgame pressers.  We need more balance.  Enough of the star parade.  I don't like where it gets us.  I don't like the feeling all us fans have right now about how this season ended.  There's a lot of anger and a lot of justified reasons for it.

Spot on analysis!  Great piece

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2019, 04:38:00 PM »
You guys do realize that mcewen shot 40% from the field and had an assist.to TO ratio of 1.1:1. Not exactly John Stockton like..http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4066755/koby-mcewen

TheyWereCones

• Starter
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2019, 04:44:09 PM »
You guys do realize that mcewen shot 40% from the field and had an assist.to TO ratio of 1.1:1. Not exactly John Stockton like..http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4066755/koby-mcewen

Fair point.  Maybe he won't be better then as a PG, which just means we still have a PG problem/hole, unless Akanno comes out of nowhere or Torrence reclassifies and is the real deal.  We have had a pair of the most impressive scorers in recent MU history and we have zero anything to show for it.
Those could have been guests at her wedding.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2019, 04:47:46 PM »
Nobody has touched this but that uninspired second half vs Murray St was awfully indicative of a group of kids who lacked belief in the plan they were being asked to execute. I watched so many teams battle back from big deficits the past couple of days. MU just surrendered. Huge indictment of Wojo.

Teem absolutely looked like dey had given up mid wey thru the second half. Just another splinter in Wojo's ass, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2019, 05:05:35 PM »
Not sure if it's his catchy name or his fun-to-watch game or the fact he plays for cinderella fave Wofford, but Fletcher McGee was the third-most-talked-about player in first round, right behind Morant and Zion.

Today, vs Kentucky: Mr. Magee was more like Mr. Magoo, going 0-12 from 3-point land. Overall 8 points on 4-17 shooting. Didn't get to FT line all game. Kept flinging up no-prayer scuds right to the bitter end, the last coming after he dribbled way too much with his team down by 4. I guess his coach was too stoopid to tell him to stop shooting.

Meanwhile Scoop fave Herro was 2-for-11, including 1-of-6 from 3. In the last 4 minutes of a close game, he hit the side of the backboard with a 3 attempt, threw a wild airball hook shot from the lane and also missed another shot from the lane. But his coach was too stoopid to tell him to stop shooting.

Lots of folks here talked about the Warriors quitting on Wojo. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. It's obviously just an opinion. It did sure look like they were uninspired, and yes that's on the coach. The Hausers seemed to be sleep-walking pretty much all game (nothing new for Joey the second half of the season), Sacar was MIA, Theo was a non-entity.

But one guy who came out ready to play: Markus.

He scored 16 in the first half and we wilted when he left the game with his second foul. Without Markus, we might have been down by 20 at halftime and lost by 40.

Coaches voted him BE Player of the Year because, I guess, they are stoopid. Don't they know what dozens of Scoopers do: We're better off without him?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2019, 05:38:26 PM »
Not sure if it's his catchy name or his fun-to-watch game or the fact he plays for cinderella fave Wofford, but Fletcher McGee was the third-most-talked-about player in first round, right behind Morant and Zion.

Today, vs Kentucky: Mr. Magee was more like Mr. Magoo, going 0-12 from 3-point land. Overall 8 points on 4-17 shooting. Didn't get to FT line all game. Kept flinging up no-prayer scuds right to the bitter end, the last coming after he dribbled way too much with his team down by 4. I guess his coach was too stoopid to tell him to stop shooting.

Meanwhile Scoop fave Herro was 2-for-11, including 1-of-6 from 3. In the last 4 minutes of a close game, he hit the side of the backboard with a 3 attempt, threw a wild airball hook shot from the lane and also missed another shot from the lane. But his coach was too stoopid to tell him to stop shooting.

Lots of folks here talked about the Warriors quitting on Wojo. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. It's obviously just an opinion. It did sure look like they were uninspired, and yes that's on the coach. The Hausers seemed to be sleep-walking pretty much all game (nothing new for Joey the second half of the season), Sacar was MIA, Theo was a non-entity.

But one guy who came out ready to play: Markus.

He scored 16 in the first half and we wilted when he left the game with his second foul. Without Markus, we might have been down by 20 at halftime and lost by 40.

Coaches voted him BE Player of the Year because, I guess, they are stoopid. Don't they know what dozens of Scoopers do: We're better off without him?

I think that begs the question though. If Markus' teammates know he's going to continue taking the majority of the shots despite being cold in the second half, they have to dig deeper for the motivation. It must suck not getting the chance to contribute offensively because Howard is constantly driving and flinging up a floater, or taking a step back three. And I'm a fan of Markus. To me it seems like the guys tend to defer to Markus to score too much.

TheyWereCones made a very good analysis. MU needs to play more as a team when Markus is in. If Markus returns next year I don't see things changing much. He's Wojo's guy. Howard is still going to get the same number of shots up and have another handful of incredible scoring performances.

Surely one of our incomers or Greg's return will be an improvement over Chartouney. Our big men will improve. But as it stands, the Warrios are entering 2019-2020 without a true point guard and that worries me. With the range of talents on this team, MU desperately needs a true facilitator to get everyone involved. Markus will still get his points, but more will be assisted.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2019, 05:43:39 PM »
Meanwhile Scoop fave Herro was 2-for-11, including 1-of-6 from 3. In the last 4 minutes of a close game, he hit the side of the backboard with a 3 attempt, threw a wild airball hook shot from the lane and also missed another shot from the lane. But his coach was too stoopid to tell him to stop shooting. hit the clinching threes to insure Kentucky covered the spread.

FIFY
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2019, 05:47:19 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2019, 05:51:26 PM »
I think that begs the question though. If Markus' teammates know he's going to continue taking the majority of the shots despite being cold in the second half, they have to dig deeper for the motivation. It must suck not getting the chance to contribute offensively because Howard is constantly driving and flinging up a floater, or taking a step back three. And I'm a fan of Markus. To me it seems like the guys tend to defer to Markus to score too much.

TheyWereCones made a very good analysis. MU needs to play more as a team when Markus is in. If Markus returns next year I don't see things changing much. He's Wojo's guy. Howard is still going to get the same number of shots up and have another handful of incredible scoring performances.

Surely one of our incomers or Greg's return will be an improvement over Chartouney. Our big men will improve. But as it stands, the Warrios are entering 2019-2020 without a true point guard and that worries me. With the range of talents on this team, MU desperately needs a true facilitator to get everyone involved. Markus will still get his points, but more will be assisted.

That is a very reasonable assessment.

Like you, I am a big Markus fan. I wish he had better court vision, a better handle and more of a knack of finding his teammates, but he doesn't. He yam what he yam. Just like Fletcher Magee is what he is and Tyler Herro is what he is.

It's indisputable that many games, the sheer volume of shots Markus takes means some teammates are not getting as many shots as they "should." Sometimes, that hurts our offense, especially when the shots aren't going in.

Then again, how many times does Sam or Joey get the ball and end up giving it back to Markus with the shot clock running down? How many times does Sam just drift along the perimeter instead of going to the high post or low post and calling for the ball? I love Sam, too, but he missed 6 of his last 7 shots against Seton Hall, he was firing scuds at the end of the Creighton game, etc. Joey? On a milk carton just about the entirety of the second half of the season -- and it's not because Markus didn't get him the ball.

When we beat Nova, the Hausers combined for 4 points but Sacar figured out a way to get the ball enough to score 18. Thank goodness Markus was on that game or we not only would have lost but would have been beaten by 25+.

Markus obviously is an imperfect PG, and assuming he comes back and that's his role again next season, we could face some similar problems. Then again, our "problems" this season included a 23-4 start, second place in the conference and a top-5 NCAA seed even with the imperfect PG.

I'll be thrilled if he comes back, but like you I do hope Wojo continues to grow as a coach and comes up with ways to keep giving Markus looks while also getting others more involved.

I really wouldn't be stunned if Markus leaves to start making $$$, however.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2019, 05:52:33 PM »
Clinching free throws you mean?

Doh yup. I was worried when Wofford cut the lead to 2. Travis & Herro came through to cover the -5.5.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2019, 06:05:23 PM »

Like you, I am a big Markus fan. I wish he had better court vision, a better handle and more of a knack of finding his teammates, but he doesn't. He yam what he yam. Just like Fletcher Magee is what he is and Tyler Herro is what he is.

It's indisputable that many games, the sheer volume of shots Markus takes means some teammates are not getting as many shots as they "should." Sometimes, that hurts our offense, especially when the shots aren't going in.

Then again, how many times does Sam or Joey get the ball and end up giving it back to Markus with the shot clock running down? How many times does Sam just drift along the perimeter instead of going to the high post or low post and calling for the ball? I love Sam, too, but he missed 6 of his last 7 shots against Seton Hall, he was firing scuds at the end of the Creighton game, etc. Joey? On a milk carton just about the entirety of the second half of the season -- and it's not because Markus didn't get him the ball.

When we beat Nova, the Hausers combined for 4 points but Sacar figured out a way to get the ball enough to score 18. Thank goodness Markus was on that game or we not only would have lost but would have been beaten by 25+.

Markus obviously is an imperfect PG, and assuming he comes back and that's his role again next season, we could face some similar problems. Then again, our "problems" this season included a 23-4 start, second place in the conference and a top-5 NCAA seed even with the imperfect PG.

I'll be thrilled if he comes back, but like you I do hope Wojo continues to grow as a coach and comes up with ways to keep giving Markus looks while also getting others more involved.

Fully agree. Watching Markus has been a special treat. I don't want it to end. But I must admit it's a bit unnerving having another season of live or die by Markus. And I don't want to spin it the wrong way. It's a very good problem to have. Like you said, MU went 23-4 before crumbling.

I'm intrigued to see what Greg can do playing some time at point next year. With a fully recovered thumb, I expect his handle to be much better. It feels like it's been ages, but I recall GE having pretty nice court vision around the hoop. Theo and Ed are perfect guys to feed under the hoop after driving. Feel like Greg could set Markus, Sam, Joey and Sacar up pretty well with drive and kick.

Markus doesn't have trouble getting to the hoop. I hope he spends a lot of the summer at some point guard camps. Improving his handle and decision-making could make him that guy instead. Unfortunately it seems hard to convert a shoot-first minded player into a facilitator. Trying to think of some players that successfully transformed from a pure scorer to distributor/scorer within one season.

Wojo's the guy that ultimately brought in the backup PG. Things don't always work out. JC was really outmatched and in over his head at this level. If both Greg and Koby are even slightly ahead of Markus with PG skills, I like MU's chances a lot more. If Torrence reclassifies, is Akanno a good redshirt option? Otherwise it's too clogged in the backcourt.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 06:07:33 PM by Markusquette »

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2019, 06:21:13 PM »
It's pretty clear the team quit on The Woj.

The first half didn't end well but we were still in the fight. Marquette was dispirited and it showed.

When a leader stands in front of his crew he needs to know them, read them, then inspire them to greatness. I have no idea what The Woj said at halftime but Marquette came out flat.

That might happen in December but ought not to ever be a part of March. The team had everything to play for but came out with heads hanging.

We got our asses kicked by a mid major of slender accomplishment. And on the National Stage. Humiliation.

A buddy of mine in the AD told me that Wojo feels the same way. Says Woj is PISSED. Apparently, Wojo told the team that they have to wear white tees all summer.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2019, 07:23:59 PM »
One more point about Markus...  Probably 75% of his points would be replaced automatically by others had he passed and run the offense.  Only 25% of his scoring was "special".  That differential was apparent late in the season.  So, if he goes, only 25% of his scoring needs to be replaced because the system will replace the remainder.  As such, I don't see his departure as an unrecoverable situation.

Nevertheless, he needs to learn how to pass. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2019, 08:31:15 PM »
You are going to see light years improvement in his shot next season.  The kid has one year under his belt after 2 solid years away from the game.  I expect a huge improvement in that part of his game and think he will go down as a very good MU player when all is said and done.

He is our only legit NBA prospect on the team.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2019, 08:35:57 PM »
I'm hoping he saw the light playing against Morant as to what he needs to become if he wants M2N. Work on ballhandling and passing all offseason. Become a complete PG, not a shooter, and he will have a shot at the NBA. Right now, the NBA is a pipe dream.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2019, 08:54:58 PM »
I will be happy to have Markus back, but I will not be sad to see him go.
I would love to see how many points he would score next year , if he stays.
I think we will be very good with him next year. However, I also think we will be even better without him.
I am fine with him staying and with him going. I just hope he makes the best decision for him.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2019, 09:21:43 PM »
I will be happy to have Markus back, but I will not be sad to see him go.
I would love to see how many points he would score next year , if he stays.
I think we will be very good with him next year. However, I also think we will be even better without him.
I am fine with him staying and with him going. I just hope he makes the best decision for him.

Are you saying that even without Howard next year's team will be better than this year's team? I'm not sure but a reasonable prediction.

If you are saying that next year's team would be better without than with Markus? Less reasonable.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2019, 09:24:45 PM »
Y'all nuts. Markus is a special talent and a joy to watch. He'll be even better next year, just like he's improved the last 2.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2019, 09:30:27 PM »
Y'all nuts. Markus is a special talent and a joy to watch. He'll be even better next year, just like he's improved the last 2.

Totally agree with this.  Having said that...

What this team sorely lacks is a guy that can manipulate the defense and control the pace of a game.  Markus gets manipulated by defenses.  Defenses force him into the shots they want him taking, not the other way around.  Markus is a much better defender than Rowsey was if for no other reason than simple effort.  But Rowsey was infinitely better in terms of getting defenses to react to him.  He had the ball on a string, was constantly reading the defense and seeing the court, and was a much better passer.  He was also much better at avoiding picking up the ball in troubling spots on the floor or getting stuck in double teams (though he did those things more often than I would've liked).  He was also obviously a great shooter.  Markus is better at finishing in the paint.

What this team needs is a guy like Storm Murphy from Wofford, who was a Wisconsin kid (and right down the road from UW).  The kid is constantly pushing the ball up the court with his head up.  If a lane to the bucket is open he keeps pushing, if a teammate is open he finds them, and if not he slows it down and gets the offense going.  Constantly probing, getting a step on his defender but keeping him on his hip instead of in front while reading what the defense is doing, and making the smart play.  He reminds me of the guards from Loyola last season.  Marquette does not have that and desperately needs it.  Markus's difficult down the stretch of the season was that defenses forced him into spots on the court where it was hard for him to do anything other than put up contested shots, and that's exactly what he did.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2019, 09:34:02 PM »
Are you saying that even without Howard next year's team will be better than this year's team? I'm not sure but a reasonable prediction.

If you are saying that next year's team would be better without than with Markus? Less reasonable.

I’ll go in record and place a wager on that scenario

If MH leaves and we keep everyone we are projected to keep, I’m willing to bet MU will have more post season and regular season success then this year in a projected harder big east

I’m not sure Mh is leaving, but if he does, care to wager?  Donation to Chico’s daughters charity perhaps?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2019, 09:44:23 PM »
Drew
There are plenty of special talents over time that never won anything. Truly special talents usually succeed at the highest level. I have learned that special talents vary in degree. Example, Aaron Rodgers is a special talent with limited postseason success. Tom Brady is special talent in different way with a great deal of success.
I hope Howard is back, but would not bet  his talent taking us to promise land next March.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2019, 09:51:50 PM »

I’ll go in record and place a wager on that scenario

If MH leaves and we keep everyone we are projected to keep, I’m willing to bet MU will have more post season and regular season success then this year in a projected harder big east

I’m not sure Mh is leaving, but if he does, care to wager?  Donation to Chico’s daughters charity perhaps?

I think you are misunderstanding my post. I said I wasn't sure if I think next year's team without Howard would be better than this year's team. I could see it but I think it would take a few surprises.

But there is no situation where next year's team without Markus is better than next year's team with Markus unless you get a better player to replace him.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2019, 10:14:58 PM »

MU82. I usually think you are nothing but a massive douche bag but given the nature of this board over the last three weeks this is a very good post that i maotly agree with.  I will further add that for all the people hating on Markus, i will add that it is not Markuss fault that he is a 2g being asked to play the point.  That is on Wojo, maybe people would feel better if Sam struggled at the point while Markus was allowed to play the 2?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Oregon Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2019, 10:29:50 PM »
I’m guessing Markus wants to play PG because it’s his only shot at making it in the NBA. If he decides to come back and commits to improving his passing, handle and decision making which is what he needs to do in order to have a chance, hopefully everyone benefits.

feedback