[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Markus  (Read 87481 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Markus
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2019, 10:27:50 AM »
My friend who goes to marquette was at the Al and saw stan and markus arguing about him staying. Stan was telling him that if he stays we would be a top team with Greg and Koby being able to play next season but markus looked very frustrated and said he talked about it with his family after the murray state game. Sounds like he's gone

lol
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2019, 10:28:38 AM »
My friend who goes to marquette was at the Al and saw stan and markus arguing about him staying. Stan was telling him that if he stays we would be a top team with Greg and Koby being able to play next season but markus looked very frustrated and said he talked about it with his family after the murray state game. Sounds like he's gone

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Markus and Stan shouting at each other at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2019, 10:28:51 AM »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2019, 10:31:05 AM »
laugh now wait till hes gone..

I am not discounting the chance that he leaves.  I'd say 70% he's back, 30% chance he's playing in the G League next season. 

But your story is complete and utter BS. Those guys would never have that discussion out in the open. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2019, 10:35:55 AM »
I am not discounting the chance that he leaves.  I'd say 70% he's back, 30% chance he's playing in the G League next season. 

But your story is complete and utter BS. Those guys would never have that discussion out in the open.
I'd say other way around 70% he leaves 30% hes back

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2019, 10:46:46 AM »

Yeah, unless he was Harry Caul from The Conversation, there’s no way he’d have been able to hear those intimate details. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2019, 10:47:34 AM »
I'd say other way around 70% he leaves 30% hes back

There could be a 100% chance Markus leaves.  That doesn't change the fact that there's a 100% chance your friend didn't see what he told you he saw.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2019, 10:58:48 AM »
I’m hearing that Markus is here for the wrong reasons and won’t go to the fantasy suite with Stan.

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2019, 10:59:00 AM »
There could be a 100% chance Markus leaves.  That doesn't change the fact that there's a 100% chance your friend didn't see what he told you he saw.
we will have to see

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2019, 11:01:13 AM »
we will have to see

No we won't. Unless you have video of the alleged conversation.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2019, 11:16:42 AM »

Markus text to Stan:  Need to talk about going pro

Stan reply: Cool, let's meet in front of the Al statue

Markus: Perf, but let's wait til 3pm, at the end of study hall of Volleyball, Soccer and Track

Stan: I like it, also, I'm going to talk very loud

Markus: K, and I'm going to keep the conversation going long enough for the entire ticket staff to come out and see what's up

Stan: Deal.  Or shall I say...#DoneDeal

Markus: Sweet use of an ellipsis and a top 5 #mubb meme

Stan: I'm not just a well dressed recruiter, I'm also a big connoisseur of DoddsOnSports, it's where I get all my juicy #mubb news

Markus: I'm ride or die Scoop so meeting or not, I'm going pro

Stan opens Uber App: [orders Uber Select to Arby's] 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

muguru

• All American
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2019, 11:19:54 AM »
Rowsey & Howard

Edit: Its not Wowsey. Assist, turnover, efg are all better then either of these guys.

That's Markus and...Carson Edwards. I posted this to show that being a ball dominant PG that turns it over, doesn't necessarily mean it's bad for your team. Carson also doesn't shoot it as well as Markus. Purdue is in the Sweet 16...with almost the exact type of PG as MU has..and honestly not as much talent as Markus has around him. Better bigs, yes, better shooters/wings etc..no.

“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2019, 11:25:08 AM »
There's no hurry for Markus. He has at least until April 20th (60 days before the draft) to declare.

I don't see any reason why he wouldn't declare as an early entrant, so he can attend pre-draft camps and team workouts. (Last year there were 236 early entry candidates.) Markus would then have until the final declaration date -- June 10th, or 10 days before the draft -- to withdraw his name from consideration.

Why rush such an important decision? Why not get all the information and feedback you can about your draft position first? I'd be surprised if Markus immediately announces he's leaving.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

onepost

• All American
« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2019, 11:42:25 AM »
we will have to see

No we won't.  There's a 0% chance this ever happened and him leaving or not leaving doesn't change that.
I'm probably giving this board too much credit, but it's insulting you think anyone here would actually believe that "fight" occurred.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2019, 11:44:20 AM »

Markus: Perf, but let's wait til 3pm, at the end of study hall of Volleyball, Soccer and Track

Markus: K, and I'm going to keep the conversation going long enough for the entire ticket staff to come out and see what's up

Stan: I'm not just a well dressed recruiter, I'm also a big connoisseur of DoddsOnSports, it's where I get all my juicy #mubb news

Have some patience, FFS.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2019, 11:50:14 AM »

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2019, 11:57:17 AM »

From a person high up in the athletic department, I heard that Markus was kidnapped by space aliens, who plan on using him to lead their team in Space Jam 2. They replaced him with Marcus Howard, who just isn't quite the same.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2019, 12:06:46 PM »
From a person high up in the athletic department, I heard that Markus was kidnapped by space aliens, who plan on using him to lead their team in Space Jam 2. They replaced him with Marcus Howard, who just isn't quite the same.

Will Markus be taking on the Muggsy Bogues character?
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2019, 12:42:34 PM »

Now this is a good Scoop.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2019, 01:04:47 PM »

Now that is 100% fake news.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2019, 01:36:48 PM »

Bravo!

Best post I've read on Scoop since chicos' 884th reference to the tourney being a crapshoot.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2019, 01:38:38 PM »
Stan was wearing one on each foot, and Markus had one on his wrist.

Stan's Bootery.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2019, 01:39:48 PM »
He gowne

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2019, 01:46:25 PM »
For those who always believe the sky is falling, have fun reading between the lines of Stan's latest tweet. What does it mean?!? Who's he talking about?!? OMG!!! OMG!!!

Stan Johnson @MUCoachJohnson • 7h
An honest enemy is always better than a friend who lies. Pay less attention to what people say, and more attention to what they do. Their actions will show you the truth.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%40MUCoachJohnson&src=typd
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2019, 02:17:22 PM »
For those who always believe the sky is falling, have fun reading between the lines of Stan's latest tweet. What does it mean?!? Who's he talking about?!? OMG!!! OMG!!!

Stan Johnson @MUCoachJohnson • 7h
An honest enemy is always better than a friend who lies. Pay less attention to what people say, and more attention to what they do. Their actions will show you the truth.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%40MUCoachJohnson&src=typd

Clearly Wojo is going to UNLV because that rumor made the mosssst sense.