'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Weak performance by team and crowd  (Read 5920 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: Weak performance by team and crowd
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2019, 06:45:33 AM »
So now we are blaming the fans for losses?

Nice.

Absolutely! There you are with Glow soaking up all that Florida sunshine when you should have been at the game. Make no mistake if you and Glow were there we would have won.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2019, 06:49:25 AM »
I think Wojo does not want to change game plans on the fly.   He does not ask the team to do things they have not practiced.  I credit the Creighton game plan more than anything.  It was much more important than the parking, men's rooms or the slow escalator,  please.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2019, 08:30:25 AM »
I think Wojo does not want to change game plans on the fly.   He does not ask the team to do things they have not practiced.  I credit the Creighton game plan more than anything.  It was much more important than the parking, men's rooms or the slow escalator,  please.

That's nonsense... the parachute drop did us in!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2019, 08:46:31 AM »
It is difficult to blame the crowd for not being as noisy as desirable yesterday.    There was no flow offensively, too many live ball turnovers,  and every defensive stop that could have gotten them going had a foul call.    I am thinking about Bailey's block, the crowd started to react and then the foul call and the air went out of the balloon.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2019, 09:06:01 AM »
It is difficult to blame the crowd for not being as noisy as desirable yesterday.    There was no flow offensively, too many live ball turnovers,  and every defensive stop that could have gotten them going had a foul call.    I am thinking about Bailey's block, the crowd started to react and then the foul call and the air went out of the balloon.   
Pretty much the case.  We in the crowd tried, but there was never any momentum.  Was hoping for it after Sam’s 3, but never happened. Those TOs on the high screens at halfcourt leading to CU scores were absolute killers.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2019, 09:21:36 AM »

True. I kept thinking we take over like the Prov game at home. Too many momentum killers and the TOs got so demoralizing. Offense seemed completely stumped by the traps and hesitant. The series of two passes behind the target by Joey that got stolen and Joey and Sam just getting the ball knocked out of their hands-all in the last four minutes-didn't give us a chance.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2019, 09:23:55 AM »
I am one to think the BC was louder.  Not sure why that is but it seems that way.  I also think the bow tied student section is not working out as it isn't coordinated.  That may take some growing pains.

I am not one to jump on the blame the students bandwagon which has become a cliche here.  But, wtf?  There were lots of empty rows again on the west side and quite a bit of empties on the east.  I can see a mid-week game but a Sunday game at 2PM?  I still say MUAD will look at that inventory. 

Meanwhile, it takes the Vesties five minutes into the 2nd half to return to their seats.  But, there is no killer of momentum like 22 turns.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2019, 09:37:11 AM »
Speaking of halftime, that halftime act was pretty incredible yesterday.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2019, 09:44:52 AM »
Fault is on the players.  They played poorly.  Everyone is so anxious to look for less tangible reasons.
They are tough kids and will bounce back.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2019, 09:51:42 AM »
Speaking of halftime, that halftime act was pretty incredible yesterday.
Yes, it was!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2019, 09:57:10 AM »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2019, 10:47:11 AM »
You know .. while that kind of halftime entertainment is fun .. most of the time we're out in the hallway "missing" the act.

I think the best act is .. invite some kids' teams to play ball.  They love playing on center court, and the crowd generally likes seeing little kids play.  Cost should be near zero.

warriorchick

• All American
Have some patience, FFS.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2019, 10:56:44 AM »
The crowd had absolutely nothing to do with Marquette committing 22 turnovers.

MU outshot Creighton from 2-point range (56.5% to 45.5%) and from 3-point range (34.8% to 30.0%). But we had more turnovers than made field goals. That was the single most important factor in the loss.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2019, 12:09:22 PM »
You know .. while that kind of halftime entertainment is fun .. most of the time we're out in the hallway "missing" the act.

I think the best act is .. invite some kids' teams to play ball.  They love playing on center court, and the crowd generally likes seeing little kids play.  Cost should be near zero.

The Bucks make money on these kids' games.  They let the kids on the teams in free, but all of their parents and guests have to buy tickets.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

feedback