collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: St Louis  (Read 2591 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
St Louis
« on: August 02, 2021, 06:19:21 PM »
Have it it shoothoops.  Your very own St Louis tourism board thread. 

Only requiments are frequently repeated points, a love for East St Louis strip clubs, multiple paragraphs, and a complete lack of self awareness. And a love of plastic cheese.

Go!

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: St Louis
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 06:33:51 PM »
Have it it shoothoops.  Your very own St Louis tourism board thread. 

Only requiments are frequently repeated points, a love for East St Louis strip clubs, multiple paragraphs, and a complete lack of self awareness. And a love of plastic cheese.

Go!

Count me in as curious and excited about East St. Louis strip club discussion.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 06:44:40 PM »
www.tuscl.net

NSFW, unless you’re traveling for work.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 07:06:19 PM by Retire0 »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 06:53:33 PM »
www.tuscl.net

^^^^
Should have NSFW attached to that.

However, probably SFWFH, lol

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2021, 07:06:39 PM »
^^^^
Should have NSFW attached to that.

However, probably SFWFH, lol

Made an edit for you.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2021, 07:16:41 PM »

Last time we were there, a guy with our group was doing blow off of a dancer's ass.   (I didn't know the guy before).

Another club was $7 per drink. Same price for water, pop, or beer.  These girls weren't even pretending to be in "college".

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2021, 07:19:16 PM »
Last time we were there, a guy with our group was doing blow off of a dancer's ass.   (I didn't know the guy before).

Another club was $7 per drink. Same price for water, pop, or beer.  These girls weren't even pretending to be in "college".

Ugh, if they can’t play asking what’s the point? Just say the c-section scar is from a high school pregnancy.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2021, 07:27:55 PM »
St. Louisians are known to consume more BBQ sauce per capita, hopefully none off a stripper's ass.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2021, 07:36:44 PM »

Yes
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2021, 07:39:48 PM »
Been to St Louis once. Went to a really cool bbq and brewery. I thought the area around Busch Stadium was really nice. The Arch was a fun experience.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2021, 07:51:11 PM »
Been to a place that has a gun range on one side and a BBQ joint on the other side of the same building.  Convenient.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2021, 09:39:23 PM »

Don't forget gooey butter cake and sodies.
Have some patience, FFS.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2021, 06:05:20 AM »
Drewes>>>>Kopp's

I'll take the ban now

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2021, 07:46:51 AM »
Drove a U-Haul through St. Louis once.  A harrowing experience.  Stopped at a Bob Evans off I-44 for breakfast.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2021, 09:27:57 AM »
Looks like The Oz is still open.

Muddy Waters too

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2021, 09:43:45 AM »
Last time spent in St. Louis was at the Playboy Club back in 1981.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2021, 09:50:06 AM »
General St Louis thoughts:

the good:
McGurks beer garden was really cool, Nomad sandwiches, coffee at Sump, Side Project, Broadway Oyster Bar, Mission Tacos,  International Taphouse, the farmers market. City museum if I had kids.

The decent: 2nd shift brewery, Epic Pizza, Molly's in Soulard (beer garden was cool, food was meh), a "Cronut" from the farmers market.

The ugly: Bogarts. Brisket was horrible. It was steamed or something. Also don't get a margarita at the City Museum, that was nasty as can be. Imo's... enough said. Being 30 and going to the city museum with your fiancé's 8mo niece, isn't great either.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2021, 03:09:24 PM »

Used to go to Diamond Cabaret/Penthouse Club (one of my poker buddies had passes since he was a frequent customer). If your group goes on a Thursday and you all have a full set of teeth then they'll open up a private stage for you all. Though after one showed us her C-section scar we decided to call it a night.

Pappy's BBQ is the real deal.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2021, 04:59:53 PM »
OK gang, I'm a Cardinal fan who grew up in Cardinal country but never lived in St. Louis.

The rap on St. Louis is it's provincial. For Milwaukeeans to call out St. Louis as provincial is akin to Sponge Bob calling out Patrick for living underwater. The cities are far more alike than different, The restaurants are ethnic in nature -- Milwaukee historically featuring Central European food and St. Louis favoring Italian. Milwaukee has no place like The Hill but St. Louis' riverfront pales in comparison to Milwaukee's Lakefront.

Both cities have badly depopulated since 1950 and have a long way to go to resolve racial tensions.

Of course, St. Louis' baseball is generally better but Wisconsin can keep a football and a basketball team. And, the local Jesuit university in Milwaukee is far better than anything in St. Louis -- hands down!

P.S. -- I really enjoy both places.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 05:10:40 PM by dgies9156 »

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2021, 11:28:25 AM »
OK gang, I'm a Cardinal fan who grew up in Cardinal country but never lived in St. Louis.

The rap on St. Louis is it's provincial. For Milwaukeeans to call out St. Louis as provincial is akin to Sponge Bob calling out Patrick for living underwater. The cities are far more alike than different, The restaurants are ethnic in nature -- Milwaukee historically featuring Central European food and St. Louis favoring Italian. Milwaukee has no place like The Hill but St. Louis' riverfront pales in comparison to Milwaukee's Lakefront.

Both cities have badly depopulated since 1950 and have a long way to go to resolve racial tensions.

Of course, St. Louis' baseball is generally better but Wisconsin can keep a football and a basketball team. And, the local Jesuit university in Milwaukee is far better than anything in St. Louis -- hands down!

P.S. -- I really enjoy both places.

In STL people judge you on what HS you attended. In NYC when you meet people they ask "what do you do" and in STL it's "what high school did you go to?" Even at MU I never got that.

Downtown Milwaukee is far, far superior to STL, even today after all of the Ballpark Village development. I had dinner with a classmate over the weekend who is a lawyer downtown, he said it's far worse now than when he started 10 years ago. Other than the Cardinals and Blues, there's no reason to go downtown. There was hope that development on Washington Avenue would remedy that but it hasn't.  Other than the CWE, Soulard, and (to a limited extent) Lafayette Square, there are no neighborhoods in STL that come close to the Third Ward, East Side, Riverwest, let alone areas downtown like Cathedral Square, Water Street, and now, The Deer District.

St. Louis is closer to Baltimore than it is to Milwaukee.

asdfasdf

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2021, 11:26:45 AM »
In STL people judge you on what HS you attended. In NYC when you meet people they ask "what do you do" and in STL it's "what high school did you go to?" Even at MU I never got that.

Downtown Milwaukee is far, far superior to STL, even today after all of the Ballpark Village development. I had dinner with a classmate over the weekend who is a lawyer downtown, he said it's far worse now than when he started 10 years ago. Other than the Cardinals and Blues, there's no reason to go downtown. There was hope that development on Washington Avenue would remedy that but it hasn't.  Other than the CWE, Soulard, and (to a limited extent) Lafayette Square, there are no neighborhoods in STL that come close to the Third Ward, East Side, Riverwest, let alone areas downtown like Cathedral Square, Water Street, and now, The Deer District.

St. Louis is closer to Baltimore than it is to Milwaukee.

The comparison of Baltimore's downtown to St. Louis' downtown is accurate. St. Louis can't get it's downtown fixed, and it's probably not something that can be fixed in the next 10 years.

Plus, the city-county thing in STL makes it hard to compare with cities like Milwaukee. There are neighborhoods in STL that are in the county (Clayton, Webster Groves, Maplewood, DeMun) that have great bars and restaurants, but in most other cities those neighborhoods wouldn't be considered in the "county". Those places are about as far from downtown STL as Wauwatosa is from downtown Milwaukee.

I haven't spent much time in MKE in the past 10 years, but I would add Benton Park, Shaw, South Grand, Tower Grove East, and The Grove to the list of good urban spots in STL city that compare well to the good spots in MKE.

All of that said, MKE>STL. And Imo's is trash. If you want to overpay for thin crust pizza, stay in MKE and go to Zafiro's.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2021, 11:43:08 AM »

The comparison of Baltimore's downtown to St. Louis' downtown is accurate. St. Louis can't get it's downtown fixed, and it's probably not something that can be fixed in the next 10 years.

Plus, the city-county thing in STL makes it hard to compare with cities like Milwaukee. There are neighborhoods in STL that are in the county (Clayton, Webster Groves, Maplewood, DeMun) that have great bars and restaurants, but in most other cities those neighborhoods wouldn't be considered in the "county". Those places are about as far from downtown STL as Wauwatosa is from downtown Milwaukee.

I haven't spent much time in MKE in the past 10 years, but I would add Benton Park, Shaw, South Grand, Tower Grove East, and The Grove to the list of good urban spots in STL city that compare well to the good spots in MKE.

All of that said, MKE>STL. And Imo's is trash. If you want to overpay for thin crust pizza, stay in MKE and go to Zafiro's.

how dare you insult trash like that...and think Imo's has crust. It's pizza on a cracker.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2021, 01:07:32 PM »
Just spent two days in St.Louis and decided to stay downtown.  Hadn't been there in 20+ years so thought it might still have some zip.  Nada, nichts, Nyet, Nothing.  Kids were skateboarding down the middle of downtown streets.  Most buildings completely empty.  Very few street level shops or restaurants survive.  Laclede's Landing has one street with about 50% of places open.  Other streets are deserted.  Soulard still has some activity, but not a lot. 

On the other hand, Central west end, Brentwood, Clayton, West end are all very alive.  Essentially from SLU to the west it gets sort of interesting.

I haven't been to Baltimore in a while... but I'd compare St. Louis to Philly.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

feedback