collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bucks Gotta Implode...  (Read 5489 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Bucks Gotta Implode...
« on: April 25, 2013, 08:20:20 PM »
pretty much the entire roster. I'd flush 'em all 'cept for Sanders and Henson. The 3 Pygmy guards are pretenders.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Bucks Gotta Implode...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 09:06:13 PM »
pretty much the entire roster. I'd flush 'em all 'cept for Sanders and Henson. The 3 Pygmy guards are pretenders.

Keep Irsan
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 11:34:21 PM »
I'd also keep Redick on the roster.  I agree though that I don't think Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings are the answer to building a successful team.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 07:39:37 AM »

Been saying this for months.  Keep Sanders and Henson.  MAYBE keep Reddick.  I don't know how anyone can justify paying him as much as he wants though.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 07:42:08 AM »
Reddick is leaving after this year.  Sanders, Henson and Irsan.  Every one else is completely replaceable. 

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 08:29:58 AM »
Been saying this for months.  Keep Sanders and Henson.  MAYBE keep Reddick.  I don't know how anyone can justify paying him as much as he wants though.

Reddick makes too much money to justify keeping on the bench.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 09:37:26 AM »
Reddick can't wait t re-sign with Orlando

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 01:17:09 PM »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 01:26:03 PM »
I wish I could say I had opinion, but literally have not watched Bucks in several years. Had season tickets for 15 years and now would be hard pressed to go if free tickets, parking and beer money. Watched bits and pieces over past week and was less than impressed. Might just be timing but the spot shooting I did on games I saw the Bucks miss 8 straight free throws.

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 01:48:21 PM »
I'm from Chicago, and I used to be a HUGE fan of the Bucks.  Ray Allen, Glenn Robinson, Tractor Traylor, Sam Cassell, ... there was another cool point guard I used to like, can't recall his name... then Mo Williams came along and he was so entertaining to watch play.

They were much more fun to watch than the struggling post-Jordan era Bulls.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 02:34:26 PM »
Common factor in Bucks stinking is the owner.

They have stunk through multiple coaches and general managers. 

I agree that they need to implode, but I don't think The Senator wants to wait that long.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 03:41:09 PM »
They need to implode the BC too

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 02:36:28 AM »
I'd also keep Redick on the roster.  I agree though that I don't think Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings are the answer to building a successful team.

Keep Ellis, release Jennings.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 11:01:56 AM »
I'm from Chicago, and I used to be a HUGE fan of the Bucks.  Ray Allen, Glenn Robinson, Tractor Traylor, Sam Cassell, ... there was another cool point guard I used to like, can't recall his name... then Mo Williams came along and he was so entertaining to watch play.

They were much more fun to watch than the struggling post-Jordan era Bulls.

I wanna say the point guard you're thinking of is TJ Ford.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 01:48:53 PM »
Keep Ellis, release Jennings.

I'd ditch both of them.  Ellis is a volume shooter who can score a ton but isn't work his contract. 

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 06:41:19 PM »

I'd ditch both of them.  Ellis is a volume shooter who can score a ton but isn't work his contract.  

I agree. Neither Jennings or Ellis are good enough to be franchise cornerstones. In order to get better, the Bucks are most likely going to need to suck for a few years, best case scenario is turning into another OKC. The Sonics/Thunder sucked for a few years with a young Durant. Within 3 drafts they got, Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka. Durant, Westbrook and Harden were all top 5 picks. They went from bottom feeder to top 3 team in the NBA in just a few years, by building through the draft. Part of it may have been luck, or drafting skills, because all of those guys panned out big time.

flash

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 11:34:34 PM »
I agree. Neither Jennings or Ellis are good enough to be franchise cornerstones. In order to get better, the Bucks are most likely going to need to suck for a few years, best case scenario is turning into another OKC. The Sonics/Thunder sucked for a few years with a young Durant. Within 3 drafts they got, Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka. Durant, Westbrook and Harden were all top 5 picks. They went from bottom feeder to top 3 team in the NBA in just a few years, by building through the draft. Part of it may have been luck, or drafting skills, because all of those guys panned out big time.

Absolutely, being the 8 seed in the playoffs is probably the worst place to be in the NBA.  It means that your team is not good enough to compete for a Title, and is also not bad enough to earn a top draft pick.  The Bucks need to completely revamp their roster, they should start by getting rid of Ellis and Jennings. Those guys aren't taking this team anywhere.  They will be terrible for a couple years, then hopefully they can hit on some top draft picks and become an OKC type.  They need to build through the draft because Milwaukee is not exactly a "destination" spot for any top free agents.   

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 08:15:09 AM »
The first thing they have to do is find a new owner.  The Bucks remind me a lot of the Selig-era Brewers or the pre-Harlan Packers.  Very rarely in professional sports do good owners lose...and poor owners win.  Kohl is a poor owner.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 11:08:12 AM »
The first thing they have to do is find a new owner.  The Bucks remind me a lot of the Selig-era Brewers or the pre-Harlan Packers.  Very rarely in professional sports do good owners lose...and poor owners win.  Kohl is a poor owner.
100% if the Bucks could emulate the success style of the post Selig Brewers the team might have a shot. There was a time in the 90s when the brewers were terrible and averaging 13-19k in attendance. Now, with a new stadium, new ownership, a strong post-season run, and marketable players that have a chance to stay in Milwaukee long term, the brewers bandwagon is overflowing.

Vivek Ranadive seems like a potential buyer.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/bucks-need-to-act-locally-think-globally-7g9llht-204210021.html

Unfortunately, it seems as though Craig Leipold (Owner of the Wild, Racine Native) has no interest in buying the Bucks and Michael heisley was floated around as a potential bucks buyer (http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/blog/2012/12/espn-billionaire-heisley-targets.html?page=all) is in very ill health.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 04:12:53 PM »
In the long run, would milwaukee be better off with a NHL franchise?

St. Louis seems to do ok, right?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 04:36:40 PM »
100% if the Bucks could emulate the success style of the post Selig Brewers the team might have a shot. There was a time in the 90s when the brewers were terrible and averaging 13-19k in attendance. Now, with a new stadium, new ownership, a strong post-season run, and marketable players that have a chance to stay in Milwaukee long term, the brewers bandwagon is overflowing.

Vivek Ranadive seems like a potential buyer.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/bucks-need-to-act-locally-think-globally-7g9llht-204210021.html

Unfortunately, it seems as though Craig Leipold (Owner of the Wild, Racine Native) has no interest in buying the Bucks and Michael heisley was floated around as a potential bucks buyer (http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/blog/2012/12/espn-billionaire-heisley-targets.html?page=all) is in very ill health.

I know of a guy looking to buy a team:

Only a matter of time until he gets one, and Seattle is throbbing for one.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 07:24:28 PM »
There has not been any recent rumblings that Herb wants to sell. The implication is that its likely based on his age. Kickin' in 100 large for a new arena only enhances his product, especially at sale time.
I can say with 100% certainty that Attanasio will be a player in any potential Bucks sale talks.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 08:54:59 PM »
There has not been any recent rumblings that Herb wants to sell. The implication is that its likely based on his age. Kickin' in 100 large for a new arena only enhances his product, especially at sale time.
I can say with 100% certainty that Attanasio will be a player in any potential Bucks sale talks.

That implies that he'd kick in $100m for an arena, which I highly doubt he'd do. If was willing to do that, MULS wouldn't have a symposium on how Milwaukee/SE WI could find an arena.

Attanasio will be a minority owner at best.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 08:58:00 PM »
He will kick in a large amount.  He has already said that he would be open to doing so.  But he would want some guarantees that the team would be around to play in that arena long after he dies.