[May 10, 2024, 10:38:04 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Vander Blue Man Group
[May 10, 2024, 09:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 10, 2024, 08:12:15 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by LloydsLegs
[May 10, 2024, 03:08:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Close to Home Reports  (Read 69974 times)

Warriors4ever

• All American
Re: Close to Home Reports
« Reply #500 on: December 03, 2020, 07:19:02 AM »
So sorry to hear this.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #501 on: December 03, 2020, 07:49:47 AM »
Thanks to all for your kind statements. And same to you, MUFIC.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #502 on: December 04, 2020, 08:10:58 PM »
I have known lots and lots of people who have had COVID-19 (as have we all), quite a few who have been sick enough to spend time in a hospital, and even two who have died.

But for the first time, a member of our family has died: My wife's cousin, with whom she was close when they were children, died of it a couple of days ago. He, his wife and kids -- good people, live in suburban Chicago. Always very nice to us.

He was 64, with no serious maladies, when he caught COVID-19.

Sorry to hear.  Best wishes
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #503 on: December 05, 2020, 10:53:44 AM »
It looks like my father is going to get through his COVID.   Feeling better and restless.  I returned to work yesterday and spent a fair amount of time comparing notes with other COVID survivors.   Symptoms, severity, duration.   Consensus was if you have survived, you owe it to the rest of your crew to leave them outside whenever there is a possible COVID call.   A lot of them were tossing around the phrase 'Tiger blood.'
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #504 on: December 06, 2020, 08:17:01 PM »
Sophomore son just made varsity hoops only to be contact traced by sitting across from a girl that continued to go to school with symptoms.  He sat across from her at lunch in whish they have plexiglass between everyone.  What is the point od the plexiglass?
This sucks we do everything we can to avoid it.  Irresponsible people just really piss me off

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #505 on: December 06, 2020, 08:34:54 PM »
Sophomore son just made varsity hoops only to be contact traced by sitting across from a girl that continued to go to school with symptoms.  He sat across from her at lunch in whish they have plexiglass between everyone.  What is the point od the plexiglass?
This sucks we do everything we can to avoid it.  Irresponsible people just really piss me off

That sucks - hope he tests negative.

Plexiglass can help, but it depends on the air circulation. If air currents carry the virus around or over the plexiglass, it’s probably no better than having nothing at all.

And yeah - people who don’t follow simple public health rules really suck.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #506 on: December 06, 2020, 09:19:06 PM »

It's hard to protect yourself and your family when people all around you just don't care. I hope your son will be fine.

But, yeah. I am at the point where I am pissed off by these people as well.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #507 on: December 06, 2020, 11:15:04 PM »

Sorry - that situation sucks :(.

There have been parents in our District who sent their kid to school knowing the kid was Covid positive - that stuff really angers me. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #508 on: December 07, 2020, 08:22:52 AM »
Sorry - that situation sucks :(.

There have been parents in our District who sent their kid to school knowing the kid was Covid positive - that stuff really angers me.

That's beyond the pale. I'm pissed off enough at the people that go everywhere maskless, claiming "medical exception". Seems they are also the ones always ignoring social distancing and coughing/sneezing up a storm.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #509 on: December 07, 2020, 08:51:55 AM »
That's beyond the pale. I'm pissed off enough at the people that go everywhere maskless, claiming "medical exception". Seems they are also the ones always ignoring social distancing and coughing/sneezing up a storm.

They are, in many cases, the same people who spout off that if you are compromised, stay home and let the rest of us go about our business.   If you cannot wear a mask.... Stay home.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 09:43:41 AM by SERocks »

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #510 on: December 07, 2020, 09:38:03 AM »
It's hard to protect yourself and your family when people all around you just don't care. I hope your son will be fine.

But, yeah. I am at the point where I am pissed off by these people as well.

I will take my son missing 2 weeks of basketball over what a friend just sent me.  His dad has been battling covid and was just put on life support.
When will will people realize covid does not care who you are it will impact you.  Just a little common sense would go a long way.  Amazing how stupid people can be

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #511 on: December 07, 2020, 11:15:32 AM »
My parents neighbor passed away last week from Covid.  She got sick when her daughter came to visit.  Her daughter had symptoms but visited nonetheless.  My parents had lunch with their neighbor and had to quarantine and haven’t tested positive.  That was about 3-4 weeks ago now, I believe.

I post this because I can’t imagine what I’d think knowing I gave my parents Covid which ultimately lead to their death.  Vigilance must remain. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #512 on: December 07, 2020, 11:20:10 AM »
My parents neighbor passed away last week from Covid.  She got sick when her daughter came to visit.  Her daughter had symptoms but visited nonetheless.  My parents had lunch with their neighbor and had to quarantine and haven’t tested positive.  That was about 3-4 weeks ago now, I believe.

I post this because I can’t imagine what I’d think knowing I gave my parents Covid which ultimately lead to their death.  Vigilance must remain. 

My wife's best friend's father died from Covid.  He most likely contracted the disease through one of his children.  The friend is a Marquette educated nurse who kept telling her siblings to take more precautions when visiting their dad, who lived home alone.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #513 on: December 14, 2020, 07:34:47 AM »
Brother in law and his entire immediate family (except his sister... so far) are positive.

They haven't take this seriously at all.  I'll let you guys guess their BMI, education level, and political affiliation.  I don't want them to die or suffer any long term effects, but everything else is on the table, honestly.  They're good people, but the live in their own bubble of stupidity.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #514 on: December 14, 2020, 09:40:14 AM »
Brother in law and his entire immediate family (except his sister... so far) are positive.

They haven't take this seriously at all.  I'll let you guys guess their BMI, education level, and political affiliation.  I don't want them to die or suffer any long term effects, but everything else is on the table, honestly.  They're good people, but the live in their own bubble of stupidity.

Goodness Hards_!!!  They’re good people BUT I still wish short term misery on them as long as they survive it.  That’s the holiday spirit.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #515 on: December 14, 2020, 09:59:03 AM »
Goodness Hards_!!!  They’re good people BUT I still wish short term misery on them as long as they survive it.  That’s the holiday spirit.

Sorry, I'm all out of sh!ts to give about people who are willingly reckless with their and other's health. 

I never understood 'holiday spirit'.  Does that exempt people from being crappy year round as long as they're good to others from the end of November through January?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #516 on: December 14, 2020, 10:33:37 AM »
Sorry, I'm all out of sh!ts to give about people who are willingly reckless with their and other's health. 
Yup, from your description is seems likely they've put many others at risk.

It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #517 on: December 14, 2020, 10:36:47 AM »

I never understood 'holiday spirit'.  Does that exempt people from being crappy year round as long as they're good to others from the end of November through January?

Don't apologize, even sarcastically.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #518 on: December 14, 2020, 10:38:04 AM »

That last part seems to describe today’s version of Christianity.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #519 on: December 14, 2020, 12:47:57 PM »
Yup, from your description is seems likely they've put many others at risk.

It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.

Chico defends the right to kill.

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #520 on: December 14, 2020, 11:25:24 PM »
Please stay home this Thanksgiving.  Don't spread this.

I don't post here often but could use some prayers - both for the family mentioned below and for my own growing bitterness at those who don't care about their behavior's impact on others.

CLUSTER 1
June timeframe
Cousin (30s) & his wife - sick for a week
Cousin-in-law (50s) - 3 days in the hospital.  Still not back to 100%.; June timeframe

CLUSTER 2
Early November
Cousin 2 - hospital admission; better now; 2 weeks ill
Cousn's husband and kid had it to too but mild cases

CLUSTER 3
Mid-November
Sister - 30s.  spent 4 days in bed.  Better now.  Husband and 2 kids spared.  No idea how she got it.  Got tested and isolated at first symptom which may have spared family and others at work.

CLUSTER 4
Great Aunt - 90.  In hospital.  was looking improved early this week but took a turn.  Asked her family today to "take me home and let me die".

CLUSTER 5
Aunt (early 60s) - ER yesterday.  Home now, but not feeling better.  Really struggling.  May go back to ER tomorrow.  Comorbidities.
Uncle (early 60s) - digestive challenges (oddly that's worse than his breathing).  Dehydrated and out of breath.
Cousin (30s).  In hosipital.  Don't have latest but were talking ventilator and plasma treatments earlier today.

Mask and distancing "varied" among this group.  None were engaged in knowingly risky things like bars or weddings.  All in WI.  None of the 5 "clusters" can point to the source.

Don't spread this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRag3cdVGuY
3:40: "because I love you and so you can't come to Thanksgiving"

I appreciated the kind words & thoughts a few weeks ago and felt I should share an update.  Overall positive news.  No deaths and everyone is back at home.  It's going to take a while for a few to get back to 100% but blessed considering the alternatives.  One family member in her 30s having to use oxygen at home after a 2 week hospital stay.

Thanks again.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #521 on: December 15, 2020, 08:25:22 AM »
I appreciated the kind words & thoughts a few weeks ago and felt I should share an update.  Overall positive news.  No deaths and everyone is back at home.  It's going to take a while for a few to get back to 100% but blessed considering the alternatives.  One family member in her 30s having to use oxygen at home after a 2 week hospital stay.

Thanks again.

Very happy to hear that everyone is back home. Best wishes for continued recoveries.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #522 on: December 15, 2020, 08:44:30 AM »
My son turned 14 yesterday.   My father is over his bout with COVID and was able to join us for an almost normal celebration.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #523 on: December 15, 2020, 06:39:56 PM »
my Trumper mom, who told me "I'm so over masks" was exposed by her stylist and is waiting on her test results. My dad is high risk with heart issues so that's a double whammy. My sister's FIL is 80 and tested positive. They went to their condo in Florida despite the kids begging them not to, and what do you know, a positive test.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #524 on: December 15, 2020, 07:40:42 PM »
my Trumper mom, who told me "I'm so over masks" was exposed by her stylist and is waiting on her test results. My dad is high risk with heart issues so that's a double whammy. My sister's FIL is 80 and tested positive. They went to their condo in Florida despite the kids begging them not to, and what do you know, a positive test.

Hope your parents don’t test positive... and take the scare as encouragement to wear masks and get vaccinated.

feedback