collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Close to Home Reports  (Read 70024 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Close to Home Reports
« Reply #425 on: November 20, 2020, 04:19:18 PM »
Chick Jr. just got diagnosed this week.

I am amazed it took this long.  She had been working on a Covid floor since last summer.

She thought she had a head cold, because she had a lot of congestion along with her cough. Apparently, that is not uncommon among younger Covid victims. 
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #426 on: November 20, 2020, 04:39:44 PM »
Good luck, mom.   And to your daughter.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #427 on: November 20, 2020, 06:24:15 PM »
My bride has tested positive.  Symptomatic since Monday, tested Tuesday, results a little while ago. Looks like I am going to keep working on my Santa beard
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #428 on: November 20, 2020, 06:36:46 PM »
chick and tower, prayers for both your families.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #429 on: November 20, 2020, 06:38:56 PM »
My bride has tested positive.  Symptomatic since Monday, tested Tuesday, results a little while ago. Looks like I am going to keep working on my Santa beard

Sorry to hear. Hope that you continue your upward trajectory, and that your wife’s symptoms are mild.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #430 on: November 21, 2020, 09:14:46 AM »
The real one... he wouldnt allow you to take Ketchup for your hamburger. 

Maybe i am confused and it was mustard, but that wouldnt make sense because i hate mustard on hamburgers.  Since I only ate at Ziggie's in a certain state, there is a high probability for confusion.

There was a Ziggie’s in another state besides Wisconsin?😃
Mustard was definitely allowed.

Chick, prayers for your daughter. Hope she bounces back quickly.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #431 on: November 22, 2020, 07:55:56 AM »
Grandfather passed away with COVID last night. He was 101, lived a good life.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #432 on: November 22, 2020, 07:58:23 AM »
God's blessings to you and your family.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #433 on: November 22, 2020, 08:09:34 AM »
101 is quite an accomplishment. Sorry for your loss. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #434 on: November 22, 2020, 02:12:46 PM »
Bit of a nuanced question.  So my GF had COVID back in June as some may remember. She recovered fine, no longer term symptoms. Largely back to normal. So she was looking to potentially go see her sister for around a week. The stipulation was that she get a test to show long term antibodies.

So she goes to get the test today, shows she has long term antibodies...but also was shown to have COVID in her system as well.  The technician didn’t seem super sure, but she said this doesn’t mean she is infectious.  Anyone have a similar experience or some explanation?  She’s just unsure as to what precautions if any she should be taking

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #435 on: November 22, 2020, 03:01:28 PM »
Bit of a nuanced question.  So my GF had COVID back in June as some may remember. She recovered fine, no longer term symptoms. Largely back to normal. So she was looking to potentially go see her sister for around a week. The stipulation was that she get a test to show long term antibodies.

So she goes to get the test today, shows she has long term antibodies...but also was shown to have COVID in her system as well.  The technician didn’t seem super sure, but she said this doesn’t mean she is infectious.  Anyone have a similar experience or some explanation?  She’s just unsure as to what precautions if any she should be taking

If they know she still has COVID in her system, I'm guessing that means she got both an antibody and an antigen test.

Anyhow, I think there are two possibilities: (1) the antigen test was a false positive (fairly common); or (2) she has been reinfected (which happens, but so far the CDC thinks this is uncommon).

My suggestion would be for her to get another antigen test (ideally a different one), to rule out a false positive. If it comes back negative (and if she hasn't had recent symptoms or known exposure to a COVID-positive person), it's probably safe to assume the first antigen test was wrong. If it comes back positive, it would be prudent to treat it as a reinfection and follow the same protocols as a newly-infected person.

More than anything else, I'd run these ideas by her doctor since I have no actual experience treating COVID patients.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #436 on: November 22, 2020, 03:14:36 PM »

If they know she still has COVID in her system, I'm guessing that means she got both an antibody and an antigen test.

Anyhow, I think there are two possibilities: (1) the antigen test was a false positive (fairly common); or (2) she has been reinfected (which happens, but so far the CDC thinks this is uncommon).

My suggestion would be for her to get another antigen test (ideally a different one), to rule out a false positive. If it comes back negative (and if she hasn't had recent symptoms or known exposure to a COVID-positive person), it's probably safe to assume the first antigen test was wrong. If it comes back positive, it would be prudent to treat it as a reinfection and follow the same protocols as a newly-infected person.

More than anything else, I'd run these ideas by her doctor since I have no actual experience treating COVID patients.

Or just tell the sis, see ya in June

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #437 on: November 22, 2020, 03:21:06 PM »

A totally viable (and more straightforward) solution as well....

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #438 on: November 22, 2020, 03:31:47 PM »

Wow, very helpful and useful. Thanks for your keen insight.

Thanks. She plans to speak with her doctor in the morning. Funny enough, her sister’s father in law had a similar situation. As I mentioned the tech had no clue and couldn’t speak to a false positive or the like, so she’ll likely test again. She’s been super careful with masking and has no symptoms and we haven’t been around someone with known COVID for a long time

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #439 on: November 22, 2020, 03:44:27 PM »

Has she quarantined for two weeks?  If so, testing isn’t going to be needed. Has her sister?  Then looks like both have minimized risks.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #440 on: November 22, 2020, 04:03:08 PM »
Update... Other than night sweats, I am feeling in the vicinity of normal.   

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #441 on: November 22, 2020, 04:31:11 PM »
Yay tower.
MUDPT, sorry about your grandfather.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #442 on: November 22, 2020, 04:59:25 PM »
Update... Other than night sweats, I am feeling in the vicinity of normal.

Good to hear. Night sweats suck, though; I have been suffering from those for at least half a decade.
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #443 on: November 22, 2020, 05:09:23 PM »
Now I am depressed.   

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #444 on: November 22, 2020, 05:12:01 PM »
Lol  warriorchick 😀
I can relate.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #445 on: November 22, 2020, 06:41:34 PM »
Good to hear. Night sweats suck, though; I have been suffering from those for at least half a decade.

Well played.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #446 on: November 22, 2020, 06:49:42 PM »
Now I am depressed.

You're depressed? My doctor told me that she has a patient in her 70s that still gets them.
Have some patience, FFS.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #447 on: November 22, 2020, 09:43:46 PM »

Had patients test positive for months after their first positive with a PCR. Most of the time, it’s picking up RNA that’s dead and useless, not infectious.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #448 on: November 23, 2020, 07:39:40 AM »
Night sweats?  This is what you need:

https://www.bedfan.com

.. I've had one for 5+ years.   The downside is if you leave it on all night, you wake up cold. 

And your farts blow into your face, that's no good too.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #449 on: November 23, 2020, 07:06:46 PM »
MU friend of mine who found out 2 days ago he has COVID sent an email to me and a couple others in our group of buds ...

It's interesting (and a little scary) to experience how this virus progresses throughout the body. I know it can be different for others however for myself -

Last night the headache finally dissipated (thank God) That was the worse. (imagine a migraine on steroids for 2 days straight) so so so painful. Still having temp swings - my body moves from teeth chattering chills to overheating swings hourly. Diarrhea started this AM, along with some painful cramping of joints. Coughing has kicked in but not severe as of yet.

Shortness of breath (which is scary) is definitely present accompanied by an overall sense of fatigue and fogginess (like walking around with a fish bowl on your head). Took 20 minutes to walk the 200 feet up to the mailbox.

No taste or smell - which is actually ok with me cause if food supplies run low I could probably tolerate the Broccoli in the freezer as a last resort (cant stand Broccoli ).

Heading back to bed , Be safe , take care of each other, it can get rough out there.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson