collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Close to Home Reports  (Read 70023 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Close to Home Reports
« Reply #350 on: November 10, 2020, 08:32:01 AM »
My mom who turns 69 in 2 weeks is in quarantine along with my dad who just turned 70.  She dropped off some stuff at their neighbors house who failed to inform her she had tested positive for Covid.  This was on Saturday afternoon.  By Sunday morning, the neighbor was in the hospital and that’s when she decided to tell my mom
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #351 on: November 10, 2020, 01:14:06 PM »
My mom who turns 69 in 2 weeks is in quarantine along with my dad who just turned 70.  She dropped off some stuff at their neighbors house who failed to inform her she had tested positive for Covid.  This was on Saturday afternoon.  By Sunday morning, the neighbor was in the hospital and that’s when she decided to tell my mom

So sorry to hear. With a serious contagious illness like this, people who test positive need to be VERY proactive in informing possible contacts of their diagnosis.

I hope this proves to be nothing for your parents, Rico.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #352 on: November 10, 2020, 01:37:15 PM »
Good luck, UR.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #353 on: November 10, 2020, 02:06:26 PM »
Quick healing, tower.

How is the rest of your family?

We've known 2 people that have gotten covid this fall, but didnt pass it on to kids or spouse.  Just doesnt make sense.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #354 on: November 10, 2020, 02:09:07 PM »
We've known 2 people that have gotten covid this fall, but didnt pass it on to kids or spouse.  Just doesnt make sense.

The findings about superspreaders are really interesting - i think the stat i heard was in typical pareto territory (80% of the spread are from 20% of people).  It is one theory why Japan has done pretty well with little restrictions.

So highly contagious - sort of?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #355 on: November 10, 2020, 07:08:34 PM »
The findings about superspreaders are really interesting - i think the stat i heard was in typical pareto territory (80% of the spread are from 20% of people).  It is one theory why Japan has done pretty well with little restrictions.

So highly contagious - sort of?

I *really* wish they could define what makes a "superspreader" soon.  Then we could target them with vaccines first.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #356 on: November 11, 2020, 12:09:17 PM »
Quick healing, tower.

How is the rest of your family?

I have heard of 3 families over the past 2 weeks with the same thing.  Mom or dad tests positive but kids and spouse never do.  I think this all has to do with viral load.  I was reading some articles last night that the covid testing cycles will find even the smallest of traces of the virus.  good if you it is early and not so good if you have had it for a while.  I am guessing the viral load is lower in people that are masked up and have been around others that are masked up.

Here are the articles I read last night some good info. 
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/09/one-number-could-help-reveal-how-infectious-covid-19-patient-should-test-results

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/09/01/covid-tests

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #357 on: November 11, 2020, 12:18:27 PM »
I have heard of 3 families over the past 2 weeks with the same thing.  Mom or dad tests positive but kids and spouse never do.  I think this all has to do with viral load.  I was reading some articles last night that the covid testing cycles will find even the smallest of traces of the virus.  good if you it is early and not so good if you have had it for a while.  I am guessing the viral load is lower in people that are masked up and have been around others that are masked up.

Here are the articles I read last night some good info. 
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/09/one-number-could-help-reveal-how-infectious-covid-19-patient-should-test-results

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/09/01/covid-tests

Michael Mina has done a lot of work and research re: testing as well if you check his Twitter.  We are not using the PCR test to its fullest extent — cycles can be informative. 

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #358 on: November 11, 2020, 12:38:58 PM »
I am going to say it -

Anyone who tests positive and doesn't completely quarantine themselves is flat-out evil.
Have some patience, FFS.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #359 on: November 11, 2020, 01:00:44 PM »
I am going to say it -

Anyone who tests positive and doesn't completely quarantine themselves is flat-out evil.

Or stupid.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #360 on: November 11, 2020, 02:00:38 PM »
I am going to say it -

Yeah, I was thinking that...and should have just come out and said it. Recklessly risking others' lives like that is unconscionable.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #361 on: November 11, 2020, 02:11:20 PM »
Michael Mina has done a lot of work and research re: testing as well if you check his Twitter.  We are not using the PCR test to its fullest extent — cycles can be informative.

yes he is a great follow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #362 on: November 14, 2020, 10:36:22 AM »
An update:  I am still symptomatic.  I have not had breathing issues.   I have checked most of the other boxes.   Headache, body aches, intermittent fever, altered taste, gastro intestinal distress, lethargy.   As long as I can breathe, everything else is just an inconvenience.

Family is asymptomatic.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #363 on: November 14, 2020, 11:26:23 AM »
An update:  I am still symptomatic.  I have not had breathing issues.   I have checked most of the other boxes.   Headache, body aches, intermittent fever, altered taste, gastro intestinal distress, lethargy.   As long as I can breathe, everything else is just an inconvenience.

Family is asymptomatic.

Thanks for the update, tower. Glad to hear about the family, and still hoping for a rapid return to normalcy for you.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #364 on: November 14, 2020, 11:34:43 AM »

Family is asymptomatic.

Glad to hear it, get well soon!

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #365 on: November 14, 2020, 11:40:17 AM »
Thanks for the update Tower. Hope you improve soon.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #366 on: November 14, 2020, 11:43:34 PM »
Found out that a friend’s father died this week from Covid, and she, her mother and her sister all tested positive, with light symptoms. She has moved in with her mother temporarily to isolate from her husband and son

tower912

• All American
« Reply #367 on: November 15, 2020, 07:39:47 AM »
That is a big pile of suck.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #368 on: November 15, 2020, 08:22:12 AM »
Found out that a friend’s father died this week from Covid, and she, her mother and her sister all tested positive, with light symptoms. She has moved in with her mother temporarily to isolate from her husband and son

I am so sorry about your Friend's Dad.  I hope your friend, her mom and sister all recover ok.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #369 on: November 15, 2020, 08:24:48 AM »
I am going to say it -

Yep - reminds me of the story of the Missouri poll worker who tested Covid positive on 10/30 and still worked at the polls despite being told they needed to quarantine.  The person died soon after the election - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/missouri-poll-worker-positive-covid-19-still-worked-shift-died-n1246620

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #370 on: November 16, 2020, 04:08:59 PM »
My good friend's wife has been diagnosed with the virus.

We had dinner scheduled with them for this past Saturday, but we decided to cancel given the stay at home order in Illinois and the rising cases in the region. Small blessings for us. Worried about them, and their little kid, and my friend's aging mother that provides most of their childcare. Being a frontline worker through this thing has been a nightmare for them and their family.

Tortuga94

• Walk-On
« Reply #371 on: November 16, 2020, 04:26:42 PM »
I am currently in quarantine until this Saturday, my 8th grade son tested positive on Saturday the 7th. We are fortunate to have  a lake house, so he and my wife went there as soon as we got the positive test result for him. My wife has been feeling like crap the last few days, got tested today even though she feels better today than yesterday and the day before. My son is feeling better but still just feels tired, but no real symptoms anymore.

I'm quarantined with our 3 other kids, we all got tested, so far we have results for me and my sophomore daughter. Both negative so that's a relief. Waiting for results from my two youngest assuming they will be negative too.

I had an aunt die of Covid a few months ago, my close friend's dad just died from Covid about two weeks ago. This virus is just scary due to how unpredictable it is. Good luck everyone. stay safe, wear your mask.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #372 on: November 16, 2020, 04:36:00 PM »
I am currently in quarantine until this Saturday, my 8th grade son tested positive on Saturday the 7th. We are fortunate to have  a lake house, so he and my wife went there as soon as we got the positive test result for him. My wife has been feeling like crap the last few days, got tested today even though she feels better today than yesterday and the day before. My son is feeling better but still just feels tired, but no real symptoms anymore.

I'm quarantined with our 3 other kids, we all got tested, so far we have results for me and my sophomore daughter. Both negative so that's a relief. Waiting for results from my two youngest assuming they will be negative too.

I had an aunt die of Covid a few months ago, my close friend's dad just died from Covid about two weeks ago. This virus is just scary due to how unpredictable it is. Good luck everyone. stay safe, wear your mask.

Best wishes for your whole family, Tortuga. Glad to hear your wife and son are feeling better, and that there seems to be no sign of infection with you and your other kids. And sorry to hear about your aunt. Be well.

MUINGB

• Starter
« Reply #373 on: November 16, 2020, 04:48:08 PM »
I had some leftover strains (hip glut very tight) from golf season.   After the physical therapist stretched me out for a week, feels better.  Then I get call 11/09/20, the therapist tested positive.    We both were masked at the time, but i had to get tested.    Thank God today tested negative. 

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #374 on: November 16, 2020, 05:12:38 PM »
I went to church on 11/1, Chicago archdiocese so there are protocols in place. Got the dreaded email notification 11/7 that someone tested positive, cancelled outdoor plans for that evening and got tested 11/8, negative 11/10.
I think helping with hospitality actually worked well for me, as I stood in the back after everyone checked in, at least 30 feet away from the nearest person.