[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Lifetime Contract  (Read 1904 times)

The Lens

• All American
Lifetime Contract
« on: March 14, 2024, 11:32:33 PM »
There should be wheelbarrows of cash going down to Beach Drive daily.

Brinks Trucks every Tuesday.

Name him AD, name him President. Whatever.

What we saw in the last 2.8 of regulation was a CLINIC.

Unimpeachable. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 11:42:27 PM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Lifetime Contract
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 12:24:55 AM »
There should be wheelbarrows of cash going down to Beach Drive daily.

Brinks Trucks every Tuesday.

Name him AD, name him President. Whatever.

What we saw in the last 2.8 of regulation was a CLINIC.

Unimpeachable.

To James Breeding for the reversal? 

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 12:32:19 AM »
I still can't get over how ridiculously bad the officiating was. MU got away with a bunch too. But enough is enough. I don't want whistles every trip but at least call the obvious sh*t.

Brian O'Connell should be forced into retirement.

GoFastAndWin

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024, 12:46:34 AM »
If tomorrow’s game is as physical (likely) and then as poorly reffed as tonight’s, at the first hint of anything resembling Stevie’s mugging… I would love it if Shaka made a hockey line change and subbed in Jonah and all the walk-ons and then maybe sat with Neil up in the stands a-la Coach McGuire.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2024, 12:49:35 AM »
If tomorrow’s game is as physical (likely) and then as poorly reffed as tonight’s, at the first hint of anything resembling Stevie’s mugging… I would love it if Shaka made a hockey line change and subbed in Jonah and all the walk-ons and then maybe sat with Neil up in the stands a-la Coach McGuire.

That was inexcusable GFAW.  I wonder if Shaka will address this publicly?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2024, 12:58:36 AM »
That was inexcusable GFAW.  I wonder if Shaka will address this publicly?

I'd be shocked if he did. But that hit on Stevie deserved not only an f2 but a suspension.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2024, 07:14:04 AM »
Taking my blue and gold glasses off for a second, one question about NCAA officiating is:

When you go to the replay, are you looking for incontrovertible evidence to overturn a call on the floor (a la the NFL) or are you throwing out the call and re-officiating the play?

That’s a big deal. If the goal of replay is to check for mistakes, then there was no incontrovertible evidence to overturn the win. It just wasn’t there.

But if you are re-officiating the play, I can see where they might have waved off the basket. Absolutely don’t agree with them but starting from scratch would allow for some doubts about if….

Alls well that ends well. Let’s defrock some Friar!

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2024, 07:17:16 AM »
Taking my blue and gold glasses off for a second, one question about NCAA officiating is:

When you go to the replay, are you looking for incontrovertible evidence to overturn a call on the floor (a la the NFL) or are you throwing out the call and re-officiating the play?

That’s a big deal. If the goal of replay is to check for mistakes, then there was no incontrovertible evidence to overturn the win. It just wasn’t there.

But if you are re-officiating the play, I can see where they might have waved off the basket. Absolutely don’t agree with them but starting from scratch would allow for some doubts about if….

In the case of James Breeding, it's whatever path allows him to insert himself into the game.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 07:30:43 AM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2024, 07:29:38 AM »

This is a good way of putting it dgies. If it was waved off right away, I would have grudgingly accepted it. It's not like it was a clear case of whether or not the ball left his hands in time. I think it was re-officiated (and I believe it was), that's BS. We should have gotten the benefit of what I think was essentially a tie because of the first call.

The play itself would have been one that we talked about for a long time. Brilliant, but just took a little too long to execute.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 07:33:12 AM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2024, 07:36:15 AM »
I still can't get over how ridiculously bad the officiating was. MU got away with a bunch too. But enough is enough. I don't want whistles every trip but at least call the obvious sh*t.

Brian O'Connell should be forced into retirement.

It was wild how Villanova would just throw their chest into drivers. Joplin did that on the baseline layup that Dixon missed late. It seems as long as it was with your body you were fine, but reaching with your hands brought the foul.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2024, 07:40:08 AM »
His contract should be year-to-year and voted on by scoop whether to renew or not. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2024, 07:44:25 AM »
This is a good way of putting it dgies. If it was waved off right away, I would have grudgingly accepted it. It's not like it was a clear case of whether or not the ball left his hands in time. I think it was re-officiated (and I believe it was), that's BS. We should have gotten the benefit of what I think was essentially a tie because of the first call.

We may not have had access to every view that they had. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he hadn't gotten it off.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2024, 07:55:35 AM »
His contract should be year-to-year and voted on by scoop whether to renew or not.

Game to game
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2024, 07:56:14 AM »

We may not have had access to every view that they had. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he hadn't gotten it off.

Fair enough. But I would rather question the integrity of the refs because it's a lot more fun.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2024, 07:57:18 AM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2024, 07:58:25 AM »
Half to half

In the industry that's known as the 'willie' contract - believe it or not its drawn up with crayon on actual toilet paper.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2024, 07:58:39 AM »
Fair enough. But I would rather question the integrity of the refs because it's a lot more fun.

LOL.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2024, 08:12:34 AM »

Sultan:

I ain’t buying it. We saw so many different looks while they decided that I can’t imagine they had anything we didn’t see.

I’m wondering if they were listening to Bill Rafferty when he changed his mind and thought, “If Raf would whistle it off …”

Makes as much sense as anything else!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2024, 08:13:42 AM »
As soon as I saw the super slow mo replay, I knew the shot was going to be disallowed.

Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2024, 08:25:07 AM »

Had Stevie stayed down on the ground until the play at the other end of the floor was over, and they were forced to call a timeout, I guarantee it would have been reviewed.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2024, 08:47:10 AM »
As soon as I saw the super slow mo replay, I knew the shot was going to be disallowed.

I was operating off NFL "rules" of is there enough evidenace to overturn.  Right call in the end? Probably.  Enough to overturn? Doubtful.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2024, 10:17:11 AM »
In the industry that's known as the 'willie' contract - believe it or not its drawn up with crayon on actual toilet paper.
Both of which you have a mammoth supply of.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2024, 10:32:31 AM »
It was wild how Villanova would just throw their chest into drivers. Joplin did that on the baseline layup that Dixon missed late. It seems as long as it was with your body you were fine, but reaching with your hands brought the foul.

Is this only in the Big East?

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2024, 10:41:19 AM »
Is this only in the Big East?

Probably, because we are a "no football" conference. In FB conferences, players like Grayson Allen and Brad Davison are allowed more leeway.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2024, 01:26:30 PM »
Both of which you have a mammoth supply of.

That’s because he doesn’t eat the crayons like you
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

feedback