[May 20, 2024, 11:10:42 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 20, 2024, 03:33:38 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[May 20, 2024, 05:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Who will replace Rowsey as the man fan bases hate in 18-19

Markus Howard
11 (11%)
Theo John
33 (33%)
Sam Hauser
10 (10%)
Ed Morrow
32 (32%)
Greg Elliott
3 (3%)
Other
11 (11%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Author Topic: Who will be MU's 18-19 "bad guy"  (Read 4692 times)

fjm

• All American
Who will be MU's 18-19 "bad guy"
« on: January 27, 2018, 09:30:48 AM »
Randomly listening to the radio and there was a BEast segment on. Radio guy literally says "most people will know this Xavier player because most people HATE him... JP.."

Which got me thinking, fan bases (X,Wisconsin...) hate hate hate Rowsey.

We love him and at times are frustrated by him, but we love him. He gets under other teams skin, drives them bonkers, attempts to fight them while on the bench as a transfer, gets in their faces. So who will be next years "MU BAD GUY" or "instigator"? Who will other fan bases hate in MU going forward?

Myself: I think Ed is to wholesome for some reason? Markus is a leader but I don't see it. Sam I see just being frustrating for other teams.

I feel it'll be Greg or Theo. Went with Theo.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Who will be MU's 18-19 "bad guy"
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 09:47:42 AM »
I'm not sure we'll have one next year. I get why guys like JP and Rowsey are hated, and similarly guys around the country like Grayson Allen and Brad Davison, but I don't think every team has a "bad guy". There's no one on Creighton, Providence, DePaul, Georgetown, Villanova, St. John's, or Butler that I think of as a their "bad guy". I suppose Angel Delgado on Seton Hall is frustrating because he's really damn good and tough to deal with, but I don't see him as a villain.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 09:49:38 AM »
Theo is going to put some people on their butts. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 09:53:49 AM »
Greg or Ed.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 10:14:42 AM »
mayfair?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 10:25:53 AM »
I would say Sam, but the kid is just too nice. He is the kid you want to hate on if you are other fans but just can't. He isn't mouthy or flashy he just plays his ass off. Theo....is a bad man some folks haven't figured that out yet. I love the way he plays and he is only going get better(from a MU perspective). We haven't had a player like Theo in a long time, maybe Jae but Theo is bigger and has more of an edge to him. I am not comparing skills just edge. Go Warriors!

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 10:28:27 AM »
mayfair?
No no no, he asked who MU’s hated man will be, not UW’s
No Finish Line

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 10:28:38 AM »
Theo is already engaging in jawing and woofing and bumping shoulders and standing his ground.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

mayfairskatingrink

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 10:33:29 AM »
I would say Sam, but the kid is just too nice. He is the kid you want to hate on if you are other fans but just can't. He isn't mouthy or flashy he just plays his ass off. Theo....is a bad man some folks haven't figured that out yet. I love the way he plays and he is only going get better(from a MU perspective). We haven't had a player like Theo in a long time, maybe Jae but Theo is bigger and has more of an edge to him. I am not comparing skills just edge. Go Warriors!

Sam whines about fouls more than any other MU player.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 10:38:42 AM »
Theo is already engaging in jawing and woofing and bumping shoulders and standing his ground.   

Scary to think about what he will look like as a senior...

He's a muscular freshman, if you didn't know? They didn't make them like that in my day.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2018, 11:23:19 AM »
Theo has the demeanor of Ivan Drago, which really isn't hateable. I think Greg or Sam have the best chance.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2018, 11:50:46 AM »
I'm not sure we'll have one next year. I get why guys like JP and Rowsey are hated, and similarly guys around the country like Grayson Allen and Brad Davison, but I don't think every team has a "bad guy". There's no one on Creighton, Providence, DePaul, Georgetown, Villanova, St. John's, or Butler that I think of as a their "bad guy". I suppose Angel Delgado on Seton Hall is frustrating because he's really damn good and tough to deal with, but I don't see him as a villain.

Delgado and Desi Rodriquez are both jackasses
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2018, 12:29:19 PM »
No one on next year's team will be hated by opposing fans the way Rowsey is. None of them are short, white, guards, who score a lot and have a unique haircut. Don't know why but that's the demographic that fans love to hate.

I could see the closest thing being Markus, Theo, or Ed. Markus because he is impossible to guard and will us to victories some times. Theo and Ed because I think they will put some opposing players on their ass next season and their fans will think there should have been a foul every time.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2018, 12:38:16 PM »
No one on next year's team will be hated by opposing fans the way Rowsey is. None of them are short, white, guards, who score a lot and have a unique haircut. Don't know why but that's the demographic that fans love to hate.

I could see the closest thing being Markus, Theo, or Ed. Markus because he is impossible to guard and will us to victories some times. Theo and Ed because I think they will put some opposing players on their ass next season and their fans will think there should have been a foul every time.

I actually think it is Wojo.  Coach K hate permeates a lot of fan bases.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2018, 12:56:06 PM »

It's because short white kids are stereotyped as bad basketball players. Where this came from and how doesn't make much sense because there is little truth to it.

source?

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2018, 01:37:32 PM »
Not going to quote Mayfair for the benefit of those who have him on ignore but...

1. That's rich coming from a badger fan.

2. Mods, why is he still here?

3. Theo will earn some hate next year for sheer badassery

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2018, 01:40:25 PM »
I went with "other" because I think Joey's going to get the most attention from other fanbases. No one on next year's team will have the same kind visible swag Rowsey or Macura have, so I think most ire will be directed at the guy that came in with NBA projections.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2018, 01:47:11 PM »
That should be a turn on for you, reminding you of every single player under Bo. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2018, 02:02:06 PM »
I’m withholding my vote until we find out if Happ grad transfers. ;)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2018, 04:39:00 PM »
Not going to quote Mayfair for the benefit of those who have him on ignore but...

1. That's rich coming from a badger fan.

2. Mods, why is he still here?

3. Theo will earn some hate next year for sheer badassery

Regarding #2 - truly baffles me. Adds nothing. Just make it stop and ruining every thread.

I went with Ed. I could see Theo. Sam and Markus seem hard to dislike. Especially Sam - just plays the game the right way.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2018, 04:50:14 PM »
No no no, he asked who MU’s hated man will be, not UW’s

my bad, 5-10er!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2018, 07:17:28 PM »
Fcuk, he should have gone to Wisco then
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2018, 07:20:08 PM »
Greg. Vocal, shakes his head in disbelief about every foul. I love him, but I could see other fan bases hating him.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2018, 09:09:04 PM »
Greg. Vocal, shakes his head in disbelief about every foul. I love him, but I could see other fan bases hating him.
That's interesting, because I've been interpreting his reactions differently--not disbelief, but more acknowledging he messed up and a desire not to make the mistake again.  I've been reading it as a desire to improve rather than a complaint about the call.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2018, 11:13:24 PM »

Good thing your F%ckies decided not to recruit such a whiner!

F%cky don't need no stinkin' Sam or Joey!

You've got Andy Van Vliet and T.J. Schlundt. Congrats! Enjoy being in the bottom 5 of the Big 14 the next few years!