'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Who will be more hated?  (Read 7192 times)

Coleman

• All American
Who will be more hated?
« on: March 21, 2014, 07:36:53 PM »
Buzz or Crean?

I honestly don't know. Creans decision at least made sense, even if he handled it like a total dbag.

This doesn't even make sense to me. If it comes out that Buzz was forced out then I guess I will amend my feelings.

melissasmooth

• Team Captain
  • yeah
Re: Who will be more hated?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 07:38:27 PM »
Well from what I've heard at least Crean was an a hole upfront.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 07:40:16 PM by melissasmooth »
MU15

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 07:38:37 PM »
I thought about this earlier...To ME its absolutely Buzz....

Indiana is in fact Indiana (A blue blood)
VTECH SUCKS and has SUCKED for a while

Buzz with all his quotes and all his proclamations to stay will be more hated by me.

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 07:38:46 PM »
Time will tell. Reasons for buzz leaving will come to light. I do think this finally puts an end to some of the crean hate though regardless of why buzz left.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 07:39:49 PM »
I hate Buzz more. We knew Crean was slimy, but Buzz turned out to be an even bigger slimeball with all the phony bs he spouted off about all the time.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 07:41:30 PM »
I knew this question would be coming.

Buzz easily.

Crean at least looked and acted like a used carsalseman. Buzz, otoh, sold himself as this "people person" who was above "the business of college bball."

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 07:45:04 PM »
All college basketball coaches are pretty much scum. They are all used car salesmen and BS'ers.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 07:48:05 PM »
Gonna go with Buzz. Crean still does some MU shoutouts cant see Buzz doing that.

classof70

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 07:54:24 PM »
No doubt Buzz.   Phony.  As I said to Lenny, thank God I won't have to listen to his Christian BS anymore and how honest and straightforward he is.   Move on.   People will be knocking down the door for this job.  VTech!  My God!

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 08:00:21 PM »
You're nuts. Crean in a landslide.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 08:01:51 PM »
Buzz.  They both botched the departure by letting the story break before telling their players, but:

TC took us to a Final Four.  Buzz did well, but not that well.
TC left for a higher profile program.  Buzz left for a hoops backwater.
TC came when the cupboard was relatively bare.  Buzz inherited the Amigos and Lazar.

classof70

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 08:20:38 PM »
You're nuts. Crean in a landslide.

Once again, an intelligent response!  Grow up!

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 08:23:13 PM »
I hate Dukiet more.  For coming in the first place.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 08:23:23 PM »
Buzz.  They both botched the departure by letting the story break before telling their players, but:

TC took us to a Final Four.  Buzz did well, but not that well.
TC left for a higher profile program.  Buzz left for a hoops backwater.
TC came when the cupboard was relatively bare.  Buzz inherited the Amigos and Lazar.
And Buzz is leaving with the cupboard bare.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

melissasmooth

• Team Captain
  • yeah
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 08:24:22 PM »

Was Dukiet the piano man coach?
MU15

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 08:25:55 PM »
Once again, an intelligent response!  Grow up!
Are you drunk?

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 08:27:23 PM »
Had this discussion in a thread one month ago. Many people said they'd root for Buzz when he left because of his strong character. We'll see where they stand in the near future.

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 08:46:11 PM »
I was castigated by most members of this forum back in 2010 when Buzz pulled his commitment from DJ Newbill.  I have questioned Buzz's true intentions since listening to the voicemail messages he left for Newbill's high school coach four years ago.  Buzz did not contact Newbill or his family, instead choosing to have the kid's high school mentor relay the devastating news.  If that's not a dubious tactic, I'm not sure what would qualify.  Buzz was by everyone's account an estimable man who kept his word and delivered on his commitments.  He was a loyal man who sincerely appreciated the incredible opportunity Marquette afforded him when the school took a chance on a relatively neophytic basketball leader.  For at least the second time now Buzz Williams has proven to be less than truthful and insincere.  I'm sorry the rest of you have gotten a chance to see the other side that was so disappointingly unveiled to me back in 2010.  The way he handled the Newbill situation was certainly duplicitous and today's news shows that wasn't an anomaly.  Remember, Buzz will stay at Marquette as long as the school will have him. 

"Here's the thing: My title has changed. My W-2 has changed. But my heart hasn't changed," he said. "This is a business that's full of egos, full of media-savvy people, full of exposure, full of money, and a lot of time that changes people. I don't want my title, I don't want my income to ever change who I am.  "I understand the evolution of how coaches change and how the media and the power hungriness of it all changes people. But I refuse to let it change me. I know I'll get older and I'll handle it better, I hope, but I don't ever want to change what I believe in my heart to be right.

"I'll be here as long as they'll have me here."

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2014, 08:51:23 PM »
And Buzz is leaving with the cupboard bare.

Yeah man a top 100 PG a top 100 all rookie Big East Deonte. Cupboard is bare right now. If anything Buzz leaving purges us of the awful players he started over those with actual talent.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 10:41:35 PM »
I was castigated by most members of this forum back in 2010 when Buzz pulled his commitment from DJ Newbill.  I have questioned Buzz's true intentions since listening to the voicemail messages he left for Newbill's high school coach four years ago.  Buzz did not contact Newbill or his family, instead choosing to have the kid's high school mentor relay the devastating news.  If that's not a dubious tactic, I'm not sure what would qualify.  Buzz was by everyone's account an estimable man who kept his word and delivered on his commitments.  He was a loyal man who sincerely appreciated the incredible opportunity Marquette afforded him when the school took a chance on a relatively neophytic basketball leader.  For at least the second time now Buzz Williams has proven to be less than truthful and insincere.  I'm sorry the rest of you have gotten a chance to see the other side that was so disappointingly unveiled to me back in 2010.  The way he handled the Newbill situation was certainly duplicitous and today's news shows that wasn't an anomaly.  Remember, Buzz will stay at Marquette as long as the school will have him. 

Money talks and bullchit walks.

"Here's the thing: My title has changed. My W-2 has changed. But my heart hasn't changed," he said. "This is a business that's full of egos, full of media-savvy people, full of exposure, full of money, and a lot of time that changes people. I don't want my title, I don't want my income to ever change who I am.  "I understand the evolution of how coaches change and how the media and the power hungriness of it all changes people. But I refuse to let it change me. I know I'll get older and I'll handle it better, I hope, but I don't ever want to change what I believe in my heart to be right.

"I'll be here as long as they'll have me here."

"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2014, 10:43:07 PM »

The man is dead

Death on call

thisists

• Starter
  • brew city bred
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2014, 10:46:38 PM »
Buzz or Crean?

I honestly don't know. Creans decision at least made sense, even if he handled it like a total dbag.

This doesn't even make sense to me. If it comes out that Buzz was forced out then I guess I will amend my feelings.

crean all day.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2014, 10:47:43 PM »
Buzz is like KO and  cannot hate him. Both got a job above their bar and delivered the goods.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2014, 10:53:52 PM »

That was a dirty deal...and for me...as much as I loved Buzz at that point...was a real red flag and incongruent with what perception I'd had of him at that point.  But, there was no spinning that deal.  It was an absolute case of - I want Jamil, more than I want DJ Newbill...sorry...we don't have a spot for you anymore.

There was nothing more to it than that.  The whole charade about DJ not having turned in his application to MU, was no more than a cop out/excuse to squirm his way out of the offer to DJ...for a player he felt would have been better for the program.  Ironic how it turned out...as I'm not sure Jamil ended up being better than Newbill...his production certainly wasn't better, but harder to find an athletic 6'8" guy than a 6'4" shooting guard..
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Goose

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2014, 10:55:57 PM »
I will LOVE Buzz dance at WVU until I die. Great win and great memory for me.