collapse

* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 386159 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #1850 on: March 10, 2021, 12:33:11 PM »
I would then just do it by age if we are going by the honor system with pre-existing conditions.

Yep. The preexisting conditions criteria are getting all messed up and confusing. In addition to the question of how people demonstrate a condition, states are tinkering with the CDC list. For example, CDC listed only Type 2 diabetes as a qualifying condition, but MN added Type 1 diabetes to the list. And neither list includes hypertension, even though a recent study found that it poses a greater risk than diabetes. Crazy.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1851 on: March 10, 2021, 01:30:42 PM »
Denying trumps involvement of getting the vaccine out very fast is stupid. Acting like the guy wasn't an absolute stain on the world is also stupid.

Here is a post from a guy referencing a NYT article:

I spent eight years in pharma and biotech. Sorry but Trump and Co. mainly deserve a participation trophy. At most.
Yes, they did the obvious, the least they could do, and got pharma to work on the vaccines. Pfizer and Moderna (and many others) did what they do best in their labs and conducting trials. They're heroes. They bulked up---to a point--- for the production process but did not, arguably COULD NOT, scale sufficiently while Trump and his Keystone Kops, dithered.

Once pharma did its job, Trump dropped the ball. Or, to be accurate, never picked it up.

The failure to scale up and then effectively address mass distribution/mass inoculation was what helped kill Americans. And Trump's refusal to get the Federal government into the role it should have been playing all along was what set the U.S. on a record-breaking mortality rate.

President Biden, and his administration, immediately spotted the gap and moved to address it. The hand-off from pharma to scale-up, distribution and inoculation---the vital link, the government's main job---came under control.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1852 on: March 10, 2021, 01:36:01 PM »
Trump acted purely in his best interest in trying to get a vaccine created. He thought he'd be glorified and it would help him win the election.

Fortunately for the country, it was an exceedingly rare time where his interest the country's aligned. After November 3rd, he had no interest in getting the vaccine rolled out, there was nothing in it for him. So he dumped responsibility solely on the states while he and Secretary of Fail Jared looked on.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1853 on: March 10, 2021, 02:00:04 PM »
Trump's handling of the virus was a colossal failure.  You couldn't have possibly had a worse person at the top to get through it.

But what really the world has done in terms of vaccination has been truly remarkable.  We're just extremely lucky Trump's term was up when it was.  We're in a much, much better place than we would have been had this happened in the middle of Trump's term instead of at the end of it.  In terms of getting even one effective vaccine rolled out, it really couldn't have gone better.  The fact that we now have 3 options available?  Science is amazing.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1854 on: March 10, 2021, 05:05:36 PM »
To further illustrate the craziness and confusion of the tiering system: Here in MN, we have tiers 1a, 1b (phases 1-4), 1c and 2. We just officially moved to phase 3 of tier 1b...but reportedly some providers (WalMart) are refusing to vaccinate people in the new phase, even if they show up with a valid appointment. Others are allowing them, if people provide documentation. Still others are just vaccinating anyone who shows up with an appointment.

So even if you know and follow the state’s complex rules, you still might be turned away...or not.

On a happier note: GooooMarquette got vaccinated today! I learned that some voluntary peer counseling for a local mental health nonprofit qualifies me as a ‘healthcare worker.’ It never occurred to me that that would qualify, until I noticed the other day that volunteers can qualify as healthcare workers if they interact with patients or clients. First shot today; second on 3/31!

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #1855 on: March 10, 2021, 05:15:40 PM »

On a happier note: GooooMarquette got vaccinated today! I learned that some voluntary peer counseling for a local mental health nonprofit qualifies me as a ‘healthcare worker.’ It never occurred to me that that would qualify, until I noticed the other day that volunteers can qualify as healthcare workers if they interact with patients or clients. First shot today; second on 3/31!

I thought you were a Medical Doctor, grad from MCW if my memory serves me. 
Ludum habemus.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1856 on: March 10, 2021, 05:26:17 PM »
I thought you were a Medical Doctor, grad from MCW if my memory serves me.

I am (MCW class of ‘87), but I left practice many years back and switched to law. Medicine just didn’t suit me.

I have a tremendous respect for people who can serve patients all day every day, and have been working as a lawyer for doctors for the past ~30 years. But being a lawyer for doctors didn’t give me priority access. My volunteer work did. Go figure.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #1857 on: March 10, 2021, 05:47:42 PM »
Ah, gotcha.  Glad you were able to get your shot.  Which brand?  And where did you get it (extension of your comments on clinic vs. pharmacy recently)?  I've been hearing about some of my younger employees getting vaccinated here in Wisconsin--one has an occasional part time job working for Door Dash, and is using that as a "food distribution" worker, which I think is in the current phase.   

Ludum habemus.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1858 on: March 10, 2021, 06:48:49 PM »
Ah, gotcha.  Glad you were able to get your shot.  Which brand?  And where did you get it (extension of your comments on clinic vs. pharmacy recently)?  I've been hearing about some of my younger employees getting vaccinated here in Wisconsin--one has an occasional part time job working for Door Dash, and is using that as a "food distribution" worker, which I think is in the current phase.

I got the Pfizer vaccine. Five hours and no side effects, so I am probably in the clear for this first shot.

I decided to get the shot at a local pharmacy (Hy-Vee in the Rochester area), mainly because getting into the clinic would have been more of a hassle with their backlog. The pharmacy was cramped, but quick and efficient.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 06:50:47 PM by GooooMarquette »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1859 on: March 10, 2021, 07:25:47 PM »
got a message through MyChart tonight from UW Health.  With pre-existing conditions eligibility opening up on TH in WI, I thought maybe my carcass was up for a shot. 

Not to be, they wanted participants in a general study.

Back to being slightly nervous hanging at the bar without a mask.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1860 on: March 10, 2021, 11:24:50 PM »
Trump's handling of the virus was a colossal failure.  You couldn't have possibly had a worse person at the top to get through it.

But what really the world has done in terms of vaccination has been truly remarkable.  We're just extremely lucky Trump's term was up when it was.  We're in a much, much better place than we would have been had this happened in the middle of Trump's term instead of at the end of it.  In terms of getting even one effective vaccine rolled out, it really couldn't have gone better.  The fact that we now have 3 options available?  Science is amazing.

racist marxist extortionists must still be an accepted practice?  real nice sounding appellation ya got there, but do they really believe that?  i am not the only one here who deems this group highly offensive.   
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1861 on: March 11, 2021, 03:46:20 AM »
  racist marxist extortionists must still be an accepted practice?  real nice sounding appellation ya got there, but do they really believe that?  i am not the only one here who deems this group highly offensive.   

Who?  Trump?  Agreed.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1862 on: March 11, 2021, 06:11:12 AM »

I had to read this 4 times to try to figure out what you're trying to convey.  And then this was all I could think of.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1863 on: March 11, 2021, 06:30:11 AM »

The next time I understand what you’re talking about, I’ll be very scared for myself.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1864 on: March 11, 2021, 06:43:07 AM »
WTF are you even talking about with this random word salad?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1865 on: March 11, 2021, 06:47:22 AM »
Averaging 2.17M doses per day now, expected to have 3M doses/day available at the end of the month. Now 40% of people either vaccinated or have anti-bodies from prior infection.

This is moving a lot faster than expected. Going from "late summer or early fall" to "end of May" for reaching normal is pretty great.

• All American
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1867 on: March 11, 2021, 12:26:31 PM »

AZ vaccine is being suspended in a few countries after reports of side effects.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-denmark-idUSKBN2B319K?taid=604a25f0d52b5600013a51e5&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

At first glance, I thought Arizona was suspending vaccinations and wondered which of the three US vaccines was having problems.   :-[

Back to AstraZeneca, I wonder if there was some behind the scenes information related to this that led to the much slower (and still uncertain) road to approval in the US.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1868 on: March 11, 2021, 12:29:19 PM »
Issues with Astra Zeneca would be very bad from a global standpoint.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1869 on: March 11, 2021, 12:37:17 PM »
better correct this before his state of the union address whenever that is supposed to be.  "...share the truth even when it's hard to hear 

https://apnews.com/article/ap-fact-check-joe-biden-politics-pandemics-coronavirus-pandemic-71b80db13ee03ace2858228bbe52f099

and why the heck is he still wearing a mask?  he had vaccine over a month ago and he is more than properly distanced.  maybe he doesn't even know they put the mask on him before they shoved him onto the stage
don't...don't don't don't don't

• All American
« Reply #1870 on: March 11, 2021, 12:42:27 PM »
better correct this before his state of the union address whenever that is supposed to be.  "...share the truth even when it's hard to hear 

https://apnews.com/article/ap-fact-check-joe-biden-politics-pandemics-coronavirus-pandemic-71b80db13ee03ace2858228bbe52f099

and why the heck is he still wearing a mask?  he had vaccine over a month ago and he is more than properly distanced.  maybe he doesn't even know they put the mask on him before they shoved him onto the stage

Still butthurt that this guy has accomplished more in two months than your guy did in four years huh?

(I know you need to go check with Tucker and Co to see how to properly respond to that.  Don't worry.  I'll give you time.)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1871 on: March 11, 2021, 12:46:29 PM »

Just a coupla thoughts: Leading by example. Following CDC guidance for interactions where you don't know the full vaccine status of every person you encounter.

It isn't nearly as complicated as you apparently think.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1872 on: March 11, 2021, 12:48:20 PM »

And also racist marxist extortionists must still be an accepted practice?  real nice sounding appellation ya got there, but do they really believe that?  i am not the only one here who deems this group highly offensive.   Amiright?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1873 on: March 11, 2021, 12:49:14 PM »

Ah, NOW the truth matters to you. 

He is still wearing a mask for the same reason everyone should still be wearing a mask.  Allow me to fix the font size so your old eyes can read it this time.

There is no evidence that vaccinated individuals do not asymptomatically spread covid 19.

You wear the mask for other people, not yourself. This shouldn't be news to you... but it somehow is?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1874 on: March 11, 2021, 12:52:37 PM »
1.  Set an example.
2.  Common courtesy.
3.  Protecting himself and others.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.