collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: White Privilege at MU  (Read 80218 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: White Privilege at MU
« Reply #300 on: May 22, 2018, 08:25:15 AM »
speak for yourself-i'm just saying that the false claims ruin the cred of the real claims.  the people who should be mad at those who are trying to lie and cheat the system to further their cause with the false claims are the real victims themselves. 

white males do not claim a "lack of progress"  rather, they claim that real racism is ignored from the other side.  the minorities claim that they cannot be racist because they are in the minority which is wrong.

you know how all this could be cleaned up?  once again, content of the character-treat well meaning people well. those who abide by the law should have nothing to worry about.  do good things, treat others with respect.  in law enforcement, they are dealing with many criminals who try to ruin it for the others who are trying to live life on life's terms.  the bad people try to force the good ones into their lives of crime, demean those who are doing well in school or are "acting white"  success in their world is to succumb to the white mans world in their minds-that doesn't come from us.  from me anyway.  success should be doing the right thing, the good thing

Man you are just a walking, Fox-bot talking point.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #301 on: May 22, 2018, 08:28:53 AM »
  ::) Oh, boy.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 08:30:47 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #302 on: May 22, 2018, 08:44:47 AM »
speak for yourself-i'm just saying that the false claims ruin the cred of the real claims.  the people who should be mad at those who are trying to lie and cheat the system to further their cause with the false claims are the real victims themselves. 

white males do not claim a "lack of progress"  rather, they claim that real racism is ignored from the other side.  the minorities claim that they cannot be racist because they are in the minority which is wrong.

you know how all this could be cleaned up?  once again, content of the character-treat well meaning people well. those who abide by the law should have nothing to worry about.  do good things, treat others with respect.  in law enforcement, they are dealing with many criminals who try to ruin it for the others who are trying to live life on life's terms.  the bad people try to force the good ones into their lives of crime, demean those who are doing well in school or are "acting white"  success in their world is to succumb to the white mans world in their minds-that doesn't come from us.  from me anyway.  success should be doing the right thing, the good thing

Solid, simply solid.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #303 on: May 22, 2018, 09:47:47 AM »
  ::) Oh, boy.

Solid, simply solid.

Two replies that pretty much validate my thoughts.  Thanks!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #304 on: May 22, 2018, 09:57:16 AM »

you know how all this could be cleaned up?  once again, content of the character-treat well meaning people well. those who abide by the law should have nothing to worry about.  do good things, treat others with respect.

In other words ... "Lock him up! Lock him up!"?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #305 on: May 22, 2018, 10:04:24 AM »

Two replies that pretty much validate my thoughts.  Thanks!
  ;)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 10:11:13 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #306 on: May 22, 2018, 10:14:03 AM »
In other words ... "Lock him up! Lock him up!"?

C'mon man. Don't drag Hillary inta dis, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #307 on: May 22, 2018, 11:21:13 AM »
rocket

Good stuff.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #308 on: May 22, 2018, 11:24:50 AM »
you know how all this could be cleaned up?  once again, content of the character-treat well meaning people well.

You realize the whole point of racial discrimination is that people specifically ignore the content of one's character, or make judgments about the content of one's character based on their being black or brown?

Do you really think that slavery and, more currently, Jim Crow are irrelevant now - even though there are generations of people still alive that lived through it (including, possibly, you)? Do you really think those underlying beliefs and institutions don't still exist in American society? And do you really think that, if they do exist, that fact is neither important nor relevant?

Those are not rhetorical questions. I'm genuinely curious, since you seem awfully eager to ignore the reality of the past and present.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #309 on: May 22, 2018, 11:28:52 AM »
    you know how all this could be cleaned up?  once again, content of the character

It never ceases to amaze how many people quote only this part of that speech while being entirely ignorant of - or worse yet, willfully ignoring - nearly everything else King said that day.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #310 on: May 22, 2018, 11:44:27 AM »

Guys, we should all be proud we made it this far....good luck in the next thread.

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #311 on: May 22, 2018, 11:44:44 AM »
I'll never understand how progress is used to discourage further action and write off things as fixed.  People are always quick and eager to point out how slavery was 150 years ago and how much better things are since, say, the 1960s, as if everything should have worked itself out by now.  And any evidence to the contrary is chalked up as everyone should accept more personal responsibility for their station in life.

Its like a cancer patient being treated and after a few rounds of chemo, some of the cancer is receding, improvements are made and instead of continuing treatment, the doctor being like "well, you're no longer cancer ridden, you're basically healthy" and telling the patient its on them to fully beat the cancer and then stay healthy like any non-cancer patient.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #312 on: May 22, 2018, 12:55:40 PM »
You realize the whole point of racial discrimination is that people specifically ignore the content of one's character, or make judgments about the content of one's character based on their being black or brown?

Do you really think that slavery and, more currently, Jim Crow are irrelevant now - even though there are generations of people still alive that lived through it (including, possibly, you)? Do you really think those underlying beliefs and institutions don't still exist in American society? And do you really think that, if they do exist, that fact is neither important nor relevant?

Those are not rhetorical questions. I'm genuinely curious, since you seem awfully eager to ignore the reality of the past and present.
Explaining.  And use of facts.

You think it will help.  Sadly, it won't.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #313 on: May 22, 2018, 01:03:25 PM »
When you are a young white millionaire professional athlete, you don't get tased and arrested for parking in handicapped spots at a Walgreen's.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/video-police-using-stun-gun-bucks-sterling-brown-concerns-milwaukees-mayor-164333999.html
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #314 on: May 22, 2018, 01:08:54 PM »
When you are a young white millionaire professional athlete, you don't get tased and arrested for parking in handicapped spots at a Walgreen's.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/video-police-using-stun-gun-bucks-sterling-brown-concerns-milwaukees-mayor-164333999.html

Will wait for video to make judgment, but the mayor is "concerned."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #315 on: May 22, 2018, 01:13:02 PM »

"He had it coming parking in a handicapped spot." - Scoopers who shall remain nameless.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #316 on: May 22, 2018, 01:30:45 PM »

All indications are it's going to be pretty damning.  Evidence is a good thing - just as they proved law enforcement officers innocent in the examples on the previous page, it's looking as if it will be the other way this time. 

This is also why specific examples are useful.  It is actionable - both in this instance (discipline/firing) and future policy (hiring/training/deployment).  Shouting vague terms about widespread oppression, or the inspiring "everyone, suck it up!" non-solution is why the once productive conversation in this thread is leading to the lock.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #317 on: May 22, 2018, 01:55:05 PM »
Nothin' good happens at 2 am, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #318 on: May 22, 2018, 01:59:11 PM »

All indications are it's going to be pretty damning.  Evidence is a good thing - just as they proved law enforcement officers innocent in the examples on the previous page, it's looking as if it will be the other way this time. 

Love me some evidence, be it exculpatory or damning! Way better that the pre-packaged biases preferred by Scoopers from all persuasions.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 03:17:23 PM by Lennys Tap »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #319 on: May 22, 2018, 01:59:43 PM »
4ever

It took me to about age 45, but I agree, nothing good happens at 2am. I have advised my boys to learn it that far quicker than it took the old man.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #320 on: May 22, 2018, 02:01:39 PM »
Nothin' good happens at 2 am, aina?

I took a really good leak this morning at 2 am.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #321 on: May 22, 2018, 02:08:14 PM »
4ever

It took me to about age 45, but I agree, nothing good happens at 2am. I have advised my boys to learn it that far quicker than it took the old man.

Food truck tacos
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #322 on: May 22, 2018, 02:16:21 PM »
Food truck tacos

Point to the bagpiper there.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #323 on: May 22, 2018, 02:23:00 PM »

"He had it coming parking in a handicapped spot." - Scoopers who shall remain nameless.

Maybe he was drunk and wearing something provocative.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #324 on: May 22, 2018, 02:30:51 PM »
I took a really good leak this morning at 2 am.   
[/qu

At yo crib orr on 'gainst a buildin', hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback