'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tokoto declares for draft  (Read 16204 times)

Silkk the Shaka

• All American

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
Re: Tokoto declares for draft
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 07:10:52 AM »
This doesn't make much sense to me, but hope it works out for him.  NC is poised for a good year next year.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 07:11:42 AM »
More evidence of drafting on potential only.   ::)

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 07:13:35 AM »
Tokoto disappeared against the rodents, glad someone found him.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 07:15:37 AM by H.E. Man »
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 07:27:51 AM »
Tokoto disappeared against the rodents, glad someone found him.

Against the rodents? He averaged 7.7 points per game in conference, he shot 43% from 2 and 61% from the line. Is his defense that good?  Strange

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 07:45:16 AM »
Speaking of disappearing against the Rodents, the Harrison twins are going pro. I guess Cal is happy because he has to have at least four guys leave to make way for his next crop of AAs.

brandx

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 08:10:25 AM »
I still expect Tokoto to be back at UNC - but I've been wrong before.

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 08:11:50 AM »
but...but...but I thought he was going to transfer to Marquette after he washed out at UNC. This makes no sense.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 08:19:36 AM »
No wonder Bo cooled on him.   He knew that Tokoto was one of those 1-2-3 and done players, and not one of those 4-5 year players who would still leave without a degree. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 08:44:41 AM »
Speaking of disappearing against the Rodents, the Harrison twins are going pro. I guess Cal is happy because he has to have at least four guys leave to make way for his next crop of AAs.

That's on Cal. The Harrisons were excellent in the first half against Wisconsin and were primed to continue to exploit the weakness that is the UW backcourt. Inexplicably, Cal didn't start either Harrison in the second half. Mind boggling overcoaching from Cal.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 08:48:15 AM »
This doesn't make much sense to me, but hope it works out for him.  NC is poised for a good year next year.

Maybe Vander's people got to him

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 08:48:37 AM »
No wonder Bo cooled on him.   He knew that Tokoto was one of those 1-2-3 and done players, and not one of those 4-5 year players who would still leave without a degree. 

Oohhh.  Now your getting nasty.  Ol' Grinch had a tough week. (Evil chuckling.)

mug644

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 09:11:31 AM »
That's on Cal. The Harrisons were excellent in the first half against Wisconsin and were primed to continue to exploit the weakness that is the UW backcourt. Inexplicably, Cal didn't start either Harrison in the second half. Mind boggling overcoaching from Cal.

I felt the same way; the twins were THE point of attack for Kentucky in the first half. Not starting either in the second half seemed very odd coaching indeed.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 10:00:06 AM »

Sounds like both are fringe second round picks. Not sure if they just want to start earning or what, but another year would be good for both them and Kentucky. They've developed into pretty darn good college players, but I'm not sure either are quite good enough to really excel at the next level.

They're those top-10 HS kids that probably didn't quite deserve their ranking and would be best suited as 4-year college kids. But of course, they won't do that. Just not the Kentucky way, I guess.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 02:06:30 PM »

ahhh i love this!
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 02:09:57 PM »
Just another really athletic guy that can't shoot worth a damn!

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 02:17:09 PM »
Just another really athletic guy that can't shoot worth a damn!
He was all ACC defender.  Does that plus his size get him a job as a role player in the NBA?  (Maybe down the road a bit?)

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2015, 02:30:15 PM »
A few good workouts for NBA types and he'll end up in the first round. It's all about "upside."

wadesworld

• All American
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2015, 02:59:07 PM »
Reading the article Tokoto seems to have realistic expectations for the draft and understands that he has a lot of work cut out for him. However, for the life of me I'll never understand why he would use his senior year to brush up on the gaps in his game. I'm all for kids leaving school, at any age, for GUARANTEED payoffs. But this is a lot of risk to put up against the experiences of his senior year on the court, in the classroom, and just generally living college life.
We Are Marquette

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2015, 03:07:26 PM »
Sounds like both are fringe second round picks. Not sure if they just want to start earning or what, but another year would be good for both them and Kentucky. They've developed into pretty darn good college players, but I'm not sure either are quite good enough to really excel at the next level.

They're those top-10 HS kids that probably didn't quite deserve their ranking and would be best suited as 4-year college kids. But of course, they won't do that. Just not the Kentucky way, I guess.

Depending on the class next year, they might worry they won't get a chance to showcase.  Not saying I agree, but when you're only scoring 10 pts a game, cause your team is stacked and they don't need you to score more, scouts won't necessarily be salivating.  Maybe figured its better having some really good workouts and the buzz of the team to go off of.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 03:47:53 PM »
Reading the article Tokoto seems to have realistic expectations for the draft and understands that he has a lot of work cut out for him. However, for the life of me I'll never understand why he would use his senior year to brush up on the gaps in his game. I'm all for kids leaving school, at any age, for GUARANTEED payoffs. But this is a lot of risk to put up against the experiences of his senior year on the court, in the classroom, and just generally living college life.

I took from the article that he's really willing to put in the effort that he believes will get him to the level he wants to be at, but that he seems to feel that being at UNC won't allow him the time to do that, what with being on the team and needing to go to class. I felt like he's being very realistic, knowing that he's not about to get a huge paycheck, but he'll get some paycheck and can focus on his skills 100% of the time. Struck me as quite mature.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 04:04:26 PM »
What are the consequences of this decision for his dental health?

Death on call

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2015, 04:10:55 PM »
I took from the article that he's really willing to put in the effort that he believes will get him to the level he wants to be at, but that he seems to feel that being at UNC won't allow him the time to do that, what with being on the team and needing to go to class. I felt like he's being very realistic, knowing that he's not about to get a huge paycheck, but he'll get some paycheck and can focus on his skills 100% of the time. Struck me as quite mature.

It really does seem like he's matured. It's a shame he wasn't as mature when he was deciding on a school. Could you imagine what 3 years under Bo could have for him? He certainly wouldn't have the ball handling and shooting deficiencies that he has now.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 04:16:12 PM »
Big mistake.  He's not good enough for the NBA.