[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013 MLB Thread  (Read 117526 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: 2013 MLB Thread
« Reply #450 on: October 09, 2013, 01:44:56 PM »
I am going to be very upset of the conference series will be between, Detroit, Boston, St. Louis and LA. Those four teams are my least favorite teams in the entire league and to know that one of them has to win would be sickening.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #451 on: October 09, 2013, 02:18:31 PM »
I am going to be very upset of the conference series will be between, Detroit, Boston, St. Louis and LA. Those four teams are my least favorite teams in the entire league and to know that one of them has to win would be sickening.

I'd LOVE to see a Pittsburgh-Oakland World Series...especially if the teams both wear 70s-style uniforms.

I'd HATE to see a Boston-St. Louis World Series. So naturally, I'm predicting a Boston-St. Louis World Series.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #452 on: October 09, 2013, 02:26:29 PM »
I'd LOVE to see a Pittsburgh-Oakland World Series...especially if the teams both wear 70s-style uniforms.

I'd HATE to see a Boston-St. Louis World Series. So naturally, I'm predicting a Boston-St. Louis World Series.

Mount rushmore of 70s throwbacks.

Pittsburgh

San Diego Dads

Stros

Phils

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #453 on: October 09, 2013, 07:07:41 PM »
Might have a ridiculous  payroll but are missing kemp and ethier on the field. $8 billion dollar tv deal goes a long way. Helps to have 55K in attendance as well

That TV deal doesn't start until next season and it's going to be fun to see who actually decides to carry it and who tells the Doyers to pound sand.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #454 on: October 09, 2013, 09:47:08 PM »

The Cardinal's win tonight makes it extremely likely that I have watched my last baseball game for this year. With the possible exception of Detroit, I find the remaining teams/series quite uncompelling. Good teams, and maybe even quality series, but I'm falling asleep just thinking about it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #455 on: October 09, 2013, 10:06:44 PM »
The Cardinal's win tonight makes it extremely likely that I have watched my last baseball game for this year. With the possible exception of Detroit, I find the remaining teams/series quite uncompelling. Good teams, and maybe even quality series, but I'm falling asleep just thinking about it.

How can you not root for the A's?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #456 on: October 09, 2013, 10:28:38 PM »
Balfour

tower912

• All American
« Reply #457 on: October 10, 2013, 06:16:40 AM »

Tiger fan.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #458 on: October 10, 2013, 07:53:00 AM »

I like the A's, but I would understand why someone would have trouble with a team that had Bartolo Colon win 18 games for them this season.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #459 on: October 10, 2013, 09:04:49 AM »
I like the A's, but I would understand why someone would have trouble with a team that had Bartolo Colon win 18 games for them this season.

Much like it's understandable if someone had trouble with a team that had David Ortiz hit 30 HR for them this season.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #460 on: October 10, 2013, 09:29:34 AM »
Much like it's understandable if someone had trouble with a team that had David Ortiz hit 30 HR for them this season.

Perhaps, but Ortiz has never been caught of anything.  Colon has.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #461 on: October 10, 2013, 09:35:13 AM »
Perhaps, but Ortiz has never been caught of anything.  Colon has.

Ortiz tested positive in 2003.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #462 on: October 10, 2013, 09:55:10 AM »
Colon looks like a circus clown.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #463 on: October 10, 2013, 11:04:50 AM »
Colon looks like a circus clown.
The guy is full of s#!t, if you ask me.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #464 on: October 10, 2013, 11:23:24 AM »
Ortiz tested positive in 2003.

Fair point...I should have said caught and suspended.  I don't believe he has tested positive since the new rules were put in place, but Colon has and was suspended as a result.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #465 on: October 10, 2013, 11:25:18 AM »
As a White Sox and Rays fan I hope to god its not a Tigers, Red Sox ALCS. Im pulling for the As like no other or else im gonna have to settle for cheering for the Dodgers...

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #466 on: October 10, 2013, 12:03:10 PM »
The guy is full of s#!t, if you ask me.

That right there is pretty funny, if you ask me.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #467 on: October 10, 2013, 12:13:07 PM »
As a White Sox and Rays fan I hope to god its not a Tigers, Red Sox ALCS. Im pulling for the As like no other or else im gonna have to settle for cheering for the Dodgers...

ABB - Anyone but Boston.  But this could just be my Yankee fandom talking.  And Mattingly is a Yankee.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #468 on: October 10, 2013, 12:17:32 PM »
Fair point...I should have said caught and suspended.  I don't believe he has tested positive since the new rules were put in place, but Colon has and was suspended as a result.

How about a showdown tonight between Colon (ERA+ 113) & Peralta (OPS+ 119)! MustSeeTV.... Who got the better juice from Biogenesis? Maybe we'll find out.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #469 on: October 10, 2013, 01:04:01 PM »

How about a showdown tonight between Colon (ERA+ 113) & Peralta (OPS+ 119)! MustSeeTV.... Who got the better juice from Biogenesis? Maybe we'll find out.

Colon isn't pitching.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #470 on: October 10, 2013, 01:49:14 PM »

I would wager that every single team had at least 5-10 guys using something illegal in 2003.  Seems odd to pick on one guy because his name was leaked and who hasn't tested positive since.

The Sox are one of the richest (though not in the same ballpark as the Yankees or Dodgers) and one of the smartest (along with the A's, the Rays, the Braves and the Cardinals), which is a tough combo to beat. 

I'll be the first to admit that the fanbase was insufferable before we finally won.  Even though they hadn't won a World Series for a long time before 2004, they were in the thick of things just about every summer, so they were still fun to follow until late September.  It's not like we were the Cubs or something.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #471 on: October 10, 2013, 02:32:13 PM »
I would wager that every single team had at least 5-10 guys using something illegal in 2003.  Seems odd to pick on one guy because his name was leaked and who hasn't tested positive since.

The Sox are one of the richest (though not in the same ballpark as the Yankees or Dodgers) and one of the smartest (along with the A's, the Rays, the Braves and the Cardinals), which is a tough combo to beat. 

I'll be the first to admit that the fanbase was insufferable before we finally won.  Even though they hadn't won a World Series for a long time before 2004, they were in the thick of things just about every summer, so they were still fun to follow until late September.  It's not like we were the Cubs or something.

And the fanbase is even more insufferable now.

Legit question: Do Red Sox fans admit that their team has won by doing things the "Yankee way" (i.e. throw money at their issues) or do they refuse to accept that and still view the Yanks as the Evil Empire?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #472 on: October 10, 2013, 02:35:06 PM »

I wouldn't disagree with your wager.  I left the Angels in 2000 and my guess is your number is probably fairly accurate based on what I heard retroactively.  I also agree that as far as we know, he's been clean since.

Sox fans are more insufferable now then they were then, IMO. 

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #473 on: October 10, 2013, 03:02:23 PM »
And the fanbase is even more insufferable now.

I believe the late arrivals to the bandwagon are what make the fanbase insufferable.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #474 on: October 10, 2013, 05:15:44 PM »

Agreed.  It baffles me that fans actually think there are teams out there who are without someone on their team who has used/is using PEDs.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback