[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013 MLB Thread  (Read 117476 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: 2013 MLB Thread
« Reply #350 on: September 26, 2013, 07:50:53 AM »
He got plunked by that pitcher earlier in the year.   Swings out of his shoes, misses, nearly falling over.   Jacks one, and then starts woofing all around the bases.   Never actually touches home plate due to the discussion with McCann.   Milwaukee still awarded the run.   Shut up and run, dummy.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #351 on: September 26, 2013, 07:55:20 AM »
What the he!! was Carlos Gomez doing last night? I realize that he and Maholm have a bit of a history, but jeez...

Yes he should've rounded the bases rather than admired his home run, but what is McCann doing dropping F bombs at him?  And what is Freeman doing stepping in front of him as he's rounding first and getting into his face?  And what is McCann doing blocking the plate on a home run?  Again, yes Gomez should've gotten around the bases quicker, but he is far from the first player to ever admire a home run, especially after a history of being plunked by Maholm.

Its getting to be that the Atlanta Braves sort of have a history with everyone.

Bingo.  The Braves get butthurt to easily, which is why I don't see them making the NLCS.  Maybe they will prove me wrong.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #352 on: September 26, 2013, 08:00:36 AM »
He got plunked by that pitcher earlier in the year.   Swings out of his shoes, misses, nearly falling over.   Jacks one, and then starts woofing all around the bases.   Never actually touches home plate due to the discussion with McCann.   Milwaukee still awarded the run.   Shut up and run, dummy.

He didn't start woofing until McCann yelled "Run the f*cking bases God damnit!"  Would've just been another guy with an overinflated ego watching his home run for a second too long.  Nothing new there.  But the Braves were offended.  Shocking.  Twice in a week now for them.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #353 on: September 26, 2013, 08:03:08 AM »
I keep thinking about the scene in Bull Durham.....are you showing up my pitcher?     Run, dummy.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #354 on: September 26, 2013, 08:08:43 AM »
What the he!! was Carlos Gomez doing last night? I realize that he and Maholm have a bit of a history, but jeez...

That history was obviously all of it. Not typical at all for Gomez, which is of course why it was a thing. He wasnt necessarily wrong to do it, but McCann clearly chose to escalate matters as well. No good guys in this one.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #355 on: September 26, 2013, 08:24:01 AM »

F*ck the Braves...F*ck Freeman...F*ck McCann.

And most of all, F*ck the "Unwritten Rules of Baseball."  Seriously...he flipped his bat and watched the ball too long?  Who the hell cares.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #356 on: September 26, 2013, 08:35:22 AM »

F*ck the Braves...F*ck Freeman...F*ck McCann.

And most of all, F*ck the "Unwritten Rules of Baseball."  Seriously...he flipped his bat and watched the ball too long?  Who the hell cares.

Seriously?! You left out...and then Gomez screamed at the pitcher. McCann and Freeman were standing up for their guy. If Lucroy and whoever plays 1B for the Brewers did that, you'd be saying what great teammates they are.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #357 on: September 26, 2013, 08:36:18 AM »
The Cardinals have passed the torch of unwritten rules enforcement to the Braves. In an unwritten ceremony.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #358 on: September 26, 2013, 08:42:50 AM »
The Cardinals have passed the torch of unwritten rules enforcement to the Braves. In an unwritten ceremony.

lmao

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #359 on: September 26, 2013, 08:43:48 AM »

Well done, sir!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #360 on: September 26, 2013, 08:45:08 AM »
Seriously?! You left out...and then Gomez screamed at the pitcher. McCann and Freeman were standing up for their guy. If Lucroy and whoever plays 1B for the Brewers did that, you'd be saying what great teammates they are.

I wouldn't say that about Lucroy if he did it.  It's a stupid, petulant thing to do.  Let the batter have his day and move on.

Gotta find a way to get both these teams to lose before the WS.  Hoping for the Pirates, but will settle for the Dodgers or Reds.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 08:48:24 AM by Terror Skink »

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #361 on: September 26, 2013, 09:02:35 AM »
Don't worry, LA is taking care of the Braves in the NLDS.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #362 on: September 26, 2013, 09:22:09 AM »
Don't worry, LA is taking care of the Braves in the NLDS.

I hope not, nothing would make me happier than to see the Doyers crash and burn.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #363 on: September 26, 2013, 09:46:22 AM »
I think if they can put 4 runs up each game it will be likes out with Kershaw, Grienke, and Ryu.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #364 on: September 26, 2013, 10:12:25 AM »
I think if they can put 4 runs up each game it will be likes out with Kershaw, Grienke, and Ryu.

Yes, very formidable staff.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #365 on: September 26, 2013, 10:44:10 AM »
I meant "lights".

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #366 on: September 26, 2013, 10:54:22 AM »
Dont have a problem with the Braves. Would really like to see the Pirates do well and as always, love my Rays. So long as the Tigers or Red Sox dont win (I guess the Dodgers too) I am ok.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #367 on: September 26, 2013, 11:23:08 AM »

I was going to say the exact same thing. McCann looked exactly like Pujols did when Morgan and Carpenter yelled at each other. Carpenter strikes out Morgan and yells at him, Morgan yells back while walking to the bench and that should've been it. But Pujols has to be the tough guy and runs across the field from 1st base to escalate the situation. Loved when he'd whine about hitters watching their homers yet he'd do it worse than anyone.

For the record hoping for a Pirated vs. Indians World Series. If not that then the Dodgers or Red Sox can take place.

I fear the day when Molina and Carpenter are off the Cardinals with La Rusa and Pujols being gone already. Matheny seems like a good guy and it's hard not to respect how well run the organization is, especially for a smaller market.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #368 on: September 26, 2013, 12:21:07 PM »
Cardinals vs Rays in the WS. GO REDBIRDS!!!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #369 on: September 26, 2013, 12:25:58 PM »
Cardinals vs Rays in the WS. GO REDBIRDS!!!

I would say "snore," but as I thought about it, I doubt I will watch the WS no matter who is playing.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #370 on: September 26, 2013, 12:37:52 PM »

I would say "snore," but as I thought about it, I doubt I will watch the WS no matter who is playing.

That's certainly your perrogative, but the Cards are generally one of the best draws in baseball. The Rays obviously have a much smaller fanbase but are generally thought to be exciting team, so if that's your definition of a "snore" then I don't think there are many matchups that won't be considered a "snore" to you; but maybe your Brewer fandom clouds your view of a much superior franchise in your division.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #371 on: September 26, 2013, 12:45:32 PM »
That's certainly your perrogative, but the Cards are generally one of the best draws in baseball. The Rays obviously have a much smaller fanbase but are generally thought to be exciting team, so if that's your definition of a "snore" then I don't think there are many matchups that won't be considered a "snore" to you; but maybe your Brewer fandom clouds your view of a much superior franchise in your division.

Eh...trying to bait a Brewer fan after a bad season and the Packers have already kicked off is really a useless exercise.  I mean it's obvious the Cardinals have a superior franchise.  I just don't care.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #372 on: September 26, 2013, 12:53:37 PM »

Eh...trying to bait a Brewer fan after a bad season and the Packers have already kicked off is really a useless exercise.  I mean it's obvious the Cardinals have a superior franchise.  I just don't care.

Seriously. Is there anyone who doesn't realize the Cardinals are a superior organization (to just about any other organization)? Doesn't mean they would make for an interesting World Series though.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #373 on: September 26, 2013, 01:06:18 PM »

Here's a tough question: Would you rather be cheaters who win (Cardinals), cheaters who lose (Brewers) or (sigh...) the Cubs?

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #374 on: September 26, 2013, 01:14:49 PM »

Eh...I care so little, that I'm going to make a passive agressive comment about the Cardinals in a MLB thread on a MU basketball website, just to show you how much I don't care.