collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2023-24 NBA Thread  (Read 57304 times)

MUBurrow

• All American
Re: 2023-24 NBA Thread
« Reply #1925 on: Today at 10:41:18 AM »
Question out of ignorance - if the Bucks had known they would acquire Dame later in the year, would/should they still have fired Bud?  Bud's cardinal sin was that his playoff offenses were stagnant and bland, right? It seems Dame was brought in to fix that and that Bud is also a better defensive coach than either Griffin or Doc? 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1926 on: Today at 10:48:42 AM »
Zero need to add this to this topic.

Yea thats as bad as any TDS-centric post others have rightfully complained about here.  Why would we ever want to keep another thread unbothered?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1927 on: Today at 10:59:59 AM »
  if there are some personality issues between dame and the others, especially Giannis then no. 

I'm not sure what docs style is, but unless the players are all in, he could be another past coach on the payroll.  he's got a 58.8% winning record...not really a lot to brag about.  I hate to rip an MU guy as I have nothing against him except the fact that i've continually scratched my head as his choice to be a head coach or GM in the league.  he's a nice guy, but...

has any team had 3 past HC's on the payroll while paying another big bucks(no pun)?

they never should have gotten rid of jrue holiday

I would've tried to trade Middleton and some others for another stud, maybe dame, but NOT get rid of jrue.

I mean, hard to trash Middleton after the series he just played.  It also is a nice thought...if Khris was eligible to be traded last offseason.

Also, Doc isn't a good coach, but they didn't fire 2 coaches and sign a guy to a 4 year contract to pay a 4th coach all at once.  And his winning percentage is certainly not what you'd point to to prove Doc isn't a good coach.  That winning percentage is good for 36th best ever, and that includes guys like Joe Prunty, Adrian Griffin, and 14 other guys who coached 3 or fewer years in the NBA.  It's the 6th best of any active coach, ahead of Erik Spoelstra.
« Last Edit: Today at 11:18:54 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1928 on: Today at 11:04:40 AM »
I mean, hard to trash Middleton after the series he just played.  It also is a nice thought...if Khris was eligible to be traded last offseason.

Also, Doc isn't a good coach, but they didn't fire 2 coaches and sign a guy to a 4 year contract to pay a 4th coach all at once.  And his winning percentage is certainly what you'd point to to prove Doc isn't a good coach.  That winning percentage is good for 36th best ever, and that includes guys like Joe Prunty, Adrian Griffin, and 14 other guys who coached 3 or fewer years in the NBA.  It's the 6th best of any active coach, ahead of Erik Spoelstra.

Khris’s mortal sin was getting paid
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1929 on: Today at 11:13:33 AM »
And they tried to trade Middleton instead of Holliday and teams didn’t bite. Understandably so considering his recent injury history. Gotta have a willing partner.

And they had to do something. Running that same group back wasn’t going to work.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1930 on: Today at 11:19:43 AM »
They would be trading him for pennies on the dollar if they trade him now, after his worst season ever and getting older.

And you aren’t trading for picks when Giannis could ask out any moment.

There’s almost no chance at all he isn’t on the Bucks next year.

I don’t disagree with your reasoning, and after hearing Damian and Horst talk, I think there is a chance he stays.

But I’ll still be surprised.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1931 on: Today at 12:53:47 PM »
Rough night for Pat Beverly

Oh man, that's gonna cost him. A lot. Jae was in there trying to keep him from spending even more money.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1932 on: Today at 02:12:38 PM »
Ham to da Bucks?

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #1933 on: Today at 02:18:48 PM »
🙏

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1934 on: Today at 03:56:27 PM »
🙏
That would be right up there with Pau going to the Lakers.

I don't think Silver is going to ramrod that trade.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1935 on: Today at 04:25:30 PM »
Ham to da Bucks?
Maybe, but it is clear the Lakers have solved their issues and should be odds on favorites to win the Championship next year.  ::)