* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jay Bee
[May 16, 2024, 04:26:22 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Theo John transferring?  (Read 46659 times)

BaltimoreMC

• Starter
Re: Theo John transferring?
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2021, 01:04:00 PM »
Theo was a F'n Warrior for 4 years.  Put more into #mubb than anyone else associated with the program.  If he can suit up for freaking Duke and play a super senior year at Cameron Indoor, my God, run, do not walk, to that opportunity.  Hope it happens for him.  He'll always be a favorite of mine.  A true Warrior.

yup - 100% agree.  All time Warrior.  Forever a Warrior.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2021, 01:05:55 PM »

It is time to have bigger goals for the program than being excited a guy worked hard to improve his free throw shooting over four years.

Milkshakes

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2021, 01:08:46 PM »
Theo is a such a great guy. So happy to have had him at MU. Wish he would stay another year but if he plays at Duke I’ll be very happy for him.  I hope he can springboard that into getting paid in the future.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2021, 01:09:28 PM »
It is time to have bigger goals for the program than being excited a guy worked hard to improve his free throw shooting over four years.

Those don't have to be mutually exclusive. 

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2021, 01:10:31 PM »

If that's the only improvement you saw with Theo's game this year, I don't think that you were watching all that closely.

Edited to add:  not that I'd blame you...it was kind of hard to watch this year.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 01:14:04 PM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

burger

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2021, 01:11:26 PM »
A Duke Graduate scholly ranges from 80 to 100k.....

Get a Masters from Duke and an undergrad from Marquette and the after basketball days become very $$$$......

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2021, 01:14:03 PM »
Theo was a F'n Warrior for 4 years.  Put more into #mubb than anyone else associated with the program.  If he can suit up for freaking Duke and play a super senior year at Cameron Indoor, my God, run, do not walk, to that opportunity.  Hope it happens for him.  He'll always be a favorite of mine.  A true Warrior.

Yep. I support Theo 100%, whatever he decides.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2021, 01:14:34 PM »
I trust Shaka on this stuff. If he wanted Theo, great. If he wants Elliott, great. If not, that's fine, too. And I respect the hell out of Theo's contribution these past 4 years, and I think Greg has a very nice skill that every college basketball team needs. But I also understand if the new coach wants to move on.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2021, 01:15:09 PM »
StillaWarrior

I commented countless times this season in regards to Theo's improvement as a player. 1000% commend him for the effort and the results. 100000% blame Wojo for putting Theo, and others, in a position that they could not have great success. My point is simple, it is time to hold the program to higher standards. My comment free throw improvement was made because many believe that was a great story. Playing in March is a great story, IMO.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2021, 01:18:30 PM »
StillaWarrior

I commented countless times this season in regards to Theo's improvement as a player. 1000% commend him for the effort and the results. 100000% blame Wojo for putting Theo, and others, in a position that they could not have great success. My point is simple, it is time to hold the program to higher standards. My comment free throw improvement was made because many believe that was a great story. Playing in March is a great story, IMO.

Fair enough. But for someone who "commented countless times this season in regards to Theo's improvement as a player" and "1000% commend him for the effort and the results" your post sure sounded like a pretty harsh jab at him.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2021, 01:24:50 PM »
StillaWarrior
 I have no negative feelings about Theo John and truly wish him great luck in his future. Simply put, it is time for better players to suit at MU and look to the future.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2021, 01:40:43 PM »
If that's the only improvement you saw with Theo's game this year, I don't think that you were watching all that closely.

Edited to add:  not that I'd blame you...it was kind of hard to watch this year.

Theo went from 5 points, 5 rebounds and 1 turnover per game in 20 minutes played in 2019-2020 to 8 points, 5 rebounds and 2 turnovers per game in 26 minutes played in 2020-21.

I keep hearing about this great improvement, but those numbers say otherwise. Ok he improved his free throw shooting I will give him that.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2021, 01:45:00 PM »
StillaWarrior

My comment free throw improvement was made because many believe that was a great story. Playing in March is a great story, IMO.

It was a great story this past March for Abilene Christian, that's for sure!

Just havin' some fun. Seriously glad we have Shaka. He has a lot to prove, and I think he'll prove it. It's been great seeing how optimistic and excited most are. Been a long time coming for Scoop!

SonOfWarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2021, 03:01:45 PM »
I wish his attitude and effort equated to better results on the court, best of luck to him.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2021, 03:01:57 PM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2021, 03:12:28 PM »
Theo John wanting to be Duke's backup center is weird
He is going there to be Duke's pinch free throw shooter.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2021, 03:17:12 PM »
I would think Theo going to Duke would hurt his chances of playing professionally in 2 years. He won't get much playing time, so his stats will stink, and he won't have much tape to show. Wouldn't he be considerably better off if he went the mid-major route if he's trying to go pro? Or does a year with Coach K carry more weight than a nice stat line from the MEAC for international scouts?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2021, 03:21:23 PM »
I would think Theo going to Duke would hurt his chances of playing professionally in 2 years. He won't get much playing time, so his stats will stink, and he won't have much tape to show. Wouldn't he be considerably better off if he went the mid-major route if he's trying to go pro? Or does a year with Coach K carry more weight than a nice stat line from the MEAC for international scouts?

Do we know what Theo's goals are?

Maybe he figures that an advanced degree from Duke will prepare him best for his post-basketball life and that, as you said, being a role player at Duke will be more impressive to interested international-basketball parties than going 15-10 at Appalachian State.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2021, 03:22:44 PM »

Dont really know how international teams recruit, but you'd have to imagine some Euro coach is going g to be a lot more impressed by a call from K than from Coach George Nobody at SW Missouri St.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

MU82

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2021, 03:26:57 PM »
Dont really know how international teams recruit, but you'd have to imagine some Euro coach is going g to be a lot more impressed by a call from K than from Coach George Nobody at SW Missouri St.

Hey! Coach Nobody has the Fightin' Southwesters trending in the right direction!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2021, 03:28:36 PM »

Goose, succinct and solid, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2021, 03:29:37 PM »

Goose, succinct and solid, hey?

Agree.  Looking forward to getting some top-50 kids for 2022
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2021, 03:31:17 PM »

Coach K telling a pro that he's got a guy that will be great at the next level has to carry a lot of weight. But if there's no evidence of it, does the phone call outweigh the numbers? I have a hard time thinking it would. But I've never been in the business of scouting pro basketball players, so I obviously don't really know.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2021, 03:36:55 PM »
Dwight Effen Burke was still getting 30 mpg in France as a 32-year-old before COVID arrived. Theo will have plenty of interest if that's what he wants to do.

feedback