[Today at 09:15:16 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf 2021  (Read 47446 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Golf 2021
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2021, 05:33:13 PM »
He's not wired that way. Literally, his entire life has been about golf and being the best. If he stepped away he'd always look to come back.

If he really had a compound femur fracture, on top of his other injuries, on top of his recent back surgery, two years minimum.  And if he did more damage to his back, forget about it.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2021, 05:39:27 PM »
If he really had a compound femur fracture, on top of his other injuries, on top of his recent back surgery, two years minimum.  And if he did more damage to his back, forget about it.

Yup, the mind may be willing but that body has been through hell and back
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2021, 07:24:35 PM »
Yup, the mind may be willing but that body has been through hell and back

Many used to say that JoPa kept coaching because if he wasn't he die without it, and that's what happened. Tiger won't die but does he even know what to do with himself without golf?

It's hard to feel sorry for anyone who has made a billion dollars but watching the HBO documentary I did feel bad for what his dad put him through as a child.  Seeing those videos of him with his HS GF was the most surprising thing in there as outside of that, he was a robot doing what his dad told him to do. Even the break up letter to the girl was obviously dictated by Earl.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

🏀

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2021, 08:30:36 PM »
Phil would be fantastic agreed.  Tiger just isn’t nearly gregarious and charismatic enough.  Phil and Tiger both have legendary stories from all their years on tour, celebrity intereactions, games, etc...  I can’t think of multiple times I’ve heard Phil in podcasts or interviews or responses where he relayed stuff like that amazingly.  Cant think of the same for Tiger.  I feel like the “must watch” Tiger on camera stuff is Tiger fans who would get excited about him reading a phone book or just more him sharing something for once than it actually being communicated well.

Tiger is a killer. Phil’s a dog.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2021, 08:36:07 PM »
It was unlikely Tiger ever came back to form with all of his pervasive back issues. Maybe a couple of moments of yesteryear. But today sealed it. A complex human figure to be sure, but some of my favorite moments in all of sports belong to him

MU82

• All American
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2021, 09:28:45 PM »
Just as Jordan found avenues for his uber-competitiveness outside of basketball, Tiger can and will find avenues for his outside of golf. He could be a course designer (already has done some), a top Tour official (next commissioner?), owner of a sports franchise (like Jordan), CEO of a company, a competitive poker player, whatever.

His career was going to end, and I'm pretty sure he knew it. He had to have already been thinking about this some.

First and foremost, I hope he emerges from this physically, mentally and emotionally OK -- just as I would wish that for anybody in a horrific accident. The rest will take care of itself. Unlike others who might have been in a crash like that, Tiger has the kind of financial means just about nobody else does, as well as (hopefully) loving family support. He is a lucky man.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 09:49:55 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2021, 07:21:59 AM »

In the statement I saw, it does not mention a femur fracture. It does sound like he busted up his lower right leg really bad, however. Nasty stuff...but better than a femur.  Wishing him well and a speedy recovery.

Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2021, 07:52:15 AM »
In the statement I saw, it does not mention a femur fracture. It does sound like he busted up his lower right leg really bad, however. Nasty stuff...but better than a femur.  Wishing him well and a speedy recovery.

Tibia, fibula, ankle, foot. Plus compartment syndrome.

Dude is done

Hope he can walk normally again

tower912

• All American
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2021, 07:58:46 AM »
Yes.  I referenced an early report that turned out to be inaccurate.   Compound tibia/fibula.   Pins, latest, screws.   Still brutal.   Slightly less brutal than the femur.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2021, 08:43:21 AM »
Yes.  I referenced an early report that turned out to be inaccurate.   Compound tibia/fibula.   Pins, latest, screws.   Still brutal.   Slightly less brutal than the femur.

Yea. Between some NBA guys and Alex Smith, it seems like it could be done to come back. However, Tiger’s body has gone through a lot. I think it was his left knee that had all the issues.

Is this the extent of his surgeries? A doctor friend said anytime the bone is showing, it’s an emergency surgery. But will he need others that aren’t emergency?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2021, 08:44:49 PM »
Yea. Between some NBA guys and Alex Smith, it seems like it could be done to come back. However, Tiger’s body has gone through a lot. I think it was his left knee that had all the issues.

Is this the extent of his surgeries? A doctor friend said anytime the bone is showing, it’s an emergency surgery. But will he need others that aren’t emergency?

compound fx breaks thru skin shows bone-typically
don't...don't don't don't don't

nyg

• All American
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2021, 09:37:13 PM »
My friend is Ortho surgeon. Said injuries are severe, but the leg should be fine.  He has done many of the same break procedures.  It’s the ankle and where he smashed it up as a problem.  How many bones had to be repaired and where.  Were the bones smashed to point that plates had to replace bones. The higher up the worse due to probable future motion issues and nerve damage.

Said the next two weeks are critical due to infections.  That is what happened to Alex Smith.  Tiger probably getting pumped with IV antibiotics to the strongest degree.

He finally stated that Tiger has had five back surgeries, the last being 45 days ago and considering the velocity of the vehicle rolling, etc., he would not be surprised if his back was re-damaged in some manner. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2021, 10:14:51 AM »
Interesting info, thanks nyg.

As been mentioned before, his career is over, especially if that back was tweaked at all.  Hopefully he can walk and play normally so he can enjoy golfing with his son.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2021, 12:53:07 PM »
I think that the tib/fib comminuted fractures into the ankle joint are worse than any femoral fracture.  And it sounds like he also had a fasciotomy to release pressure from soft tissue swelling.  It will take a year or so for full healing, but with his resources I wouldn't rule out a return to golf just because of the leg injuries. The status of his pre-accident back surgery recovery, and whether it was re-injured (the back) might be the answer regarding a return to competitive golf.  In an odd way, the additional time away from golf and getting rehab for the leg might be beneficial to his recovery from the last back surgery. 
Ludum habemus.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2021, 02:12:20 PM »
Apparently Tiger didn't remember driving??  Huh?   Explanation?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2021, 02:30:31 PM »
I am not sure what you are referring to.   It is fairly common that people don't remember bad traffic accidents or the events immediately preceding or following them.

I've never been a Tiger fan, but this seems normal and almost to be expected, considering the nature and severity of the accident.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2021, 08:16:17 PM »
Just gotta figure ders moore two dis story, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2021, 08:31:54 PM »
I am not sure what you are referring to.   It is fairly common that people don't remember bad traffic accidents or the events immediately preceding or following them.

I've never been a Tiger fan, but this seems normal and almost to be expected, considering the nature and severity of the accident.

I think given Tiger’s history, his high profile, and a variety of other things, it’s just worthy of a slight eye brow raise, along with no alcohol or drug testing being done, when normally it would be

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2021, 01:56:47 PM »
Bryson just hit a 350 yard CARRY to clear the water on the Par 5 6th at Bay Hill. 70 yards to the green. Unreal stones and unreal shot

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2021, 02:03:12 PM »
Bryson just hit a 350 yard CARRY to clear the water on the Par 5 6th at Bay Hill. 70 yards to the green. Unreal stones and unreal shot
And likely unreal levels of Winstrol.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2021, 02:33:02 PM »
Two aces at Bay Hill today.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 02:46:29 PM by MuggsyB »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2021, 02:36:42 PM »
And likely unreal levels of Winstrol.

Tiger was juicing for years and never did it. Don’t be a hater of fun

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2021, 03:46:20 PM »
Tiger was juicing for years and never did it. Don’t be a hater of fun
So by your logic Sosa and McGuire’s juicing should be ignored because it made the game fun?

And you have to concede that Tiger  (who I actively rooted against during his domination) is paying the long-term price for all the HGH and juicing he did. He’s got the spine of an 80 year old guy.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2021, 04:00:48 PM »
So by your logic Sosa and McGuire’s juicing should be ignored because it made the game fun?

And you have to concede that Tiger  (who I actively rooted against during his domination) is paying the long-term price for all the HGH and juicing he did. He’s got the spine of an 80 year old guy.

Steroids turned Sosa white
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #149 on: March 06, 2021, 04:23:14 PM »
Do they have steroid testing on the pga tour?  Excuse my ignorance.

feedback