[Today at 10:43:07 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Romney Surging !  (Read 8977 times)

Murffieus

• All American
Romney Surging !
« on: May 21, 2007, 07:53:18 PM »
Zogby has Romney ahead in  Iowa by 2% and in NH. by 16%.

Selzer & co has Romney up by 12% in Iowa!

All polls taken in the last week!

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Romney Surging !
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 08:07:25 PM »
That would be bad news for republicans.  As smooth as he is, there is no way this country elects a Morman. 

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 08:21:00 PM »
What differece does his religion make?

Romney is a very convincing candidate------if the country isn't bothered by an African American or a women running-----and they aren't-----they aren't going to be concerned with a candidate's rekigion!

With all that has happened since John Kennedy broke the prejidice barrier akmost 50 years ago (Civil rights movement----women's movement----gay movement, etc) just about everyone's minority circumstance is treated with at least tacit respect in this day and age.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 10:19:45 PM »
I've been stunned with the anti-Mormon sentiment.  Had no idea the masses were so against that faith in particular.   Is it just the history of polygamy or am I missing something? 

This election, more than ever, will be determined by the center (who've moved leftward).  Romney's  "rethinking" will be portrayed as pandering to the right to get the nomination, a trait the center does not value.  Old Romney had a chance (in the general election).  New Romney, not so much.   He would be mercilessly labeled a flip-flopper, which would be hard to dismiss.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 10:29:48 PM »
I agree as smooth as Romney appears, he cant shake the morman thing.  I think the JFK scenario is a bit different.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 11:47:39 PM »
I agree with your religious tolerance and/or indifference, Murf, but we are in the minority.

What difference does religion make?  Hmmm, I would answer it makes all of the difference in the world - past, present and future.  Personally, I wish it didn't, because it seems to be the root of all war and bloodshed.  Nevertheless, the United States is a Christian nation.  Yes, we are tolerant here and have the freedom to practice any religion, but the majority rules.  And the majority's highest leader will be like minded.  Kennedy was Catholic, but still believed in the Trinity.  Mormons do not. They teach that the Father and the Son are two distinct beings, both with immortal bodies of flesh and bone, while the Holy Ghost is a distinct being with a "spirit body".  I think that reason alone will be a deal breaker down in the bible belt.

And if he continues to succeed, get ready to hear more about their cosmology beliefs.  They will be considered Blasphemy to Christians and Scientology-like to others.

Again, I agree with you Murf, but there is just no way we're there as a nation yet.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 12:03:08 AM by SoCalwarrior »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 05:25:39 AM »
Surge, Mitt, surge!   Go Mitt!
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 10:09:16 AM »
That would be bad news for republicans.  As smooth as he is, there is no way this country elects a Morman. 

You mean the super super super tolerant left won't consider him?  Shocked I tell ya...shocked.

;)

Run FRED Run!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 12:19:20 PM »
The super tolerant left won't vote for him because he is an R.   The racist redneck right won't vote for him because he is a Mormon.   And after the 180's he has pulled on gay-rights, abortion, and guns, when push comes to shove, I think only Murf votes for him.  Nice try, though.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 01:11:53 PM »
im surprised that the "open-minded" left wouldnt vote for him because of his party.  i must say, im a republican but if the democrats actually had a candidate who was pro-life, i might vote for him (or her).  that wont happen anytime soon since for some reason the democrats/liberals think a woman should be able to legally murder her own children. 

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 01:40:58 PM »
Democrats are way more likely to cross party lines than Republicans.  And while I think the issue of religion is not party specific, I agree with your remarks, sarcastic or not, that Democrats are more open minded.  Nevertheless, Democrats won't be voting for Romney because of far more important reasons than religion.  Iraq being first and foremost. 

By the way, when it comes to abortion, Romney is a suspect flip flopper and Rudy is pro choice.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 02:11:24 PM »
Democrats are way more likely to cross party lines than Republicans.  And while I think the issue of religion is not party specific, I agree with your remarks, sarcastic or not, that Democrats are more open minded.  Nevertheless, Democrats won't be voting for Romney because of far more important reasons than religion.  Iraq being first and foremost. 

By the way, when it comes to abortion, Romney is a suspect flip flopper and Rudy is pro choice.

I absolutely laugh at the "tolerance" reported about Democrats.  I watch what these people do all the time and it is so hypocritical.  Neither side is tolerant and to suggest one is "more tolerant" is a joke.  For every tolerant liberal out there toward gay rights for example, they are almost universally bashing religious folks at the same time.  How is that tolerance? 

For a classic case in hypocrisy from liberals, just watch Bill Maher, Rosie O'Donnell, Al Sharpton, Alec Baldwin, John Edwards, John Kerry, Ted Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi, Durbin, etc.

They are not more tolerant then anyone else, just fighting for what they believe and in the process often berating folks they don't agree with....i.e. INTOLERANCE.  The "we're more tolerant" argument is one of this country's greatest canards.  These are the first people that will bash religous folks, bash women for staying home to raise their kids, bash pro-lifers, bash the military, etc, etc.  Tolerance indeed.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 02:23:07 PM »
Running in liberal circles as I do, I have heard a small minority bash religious folk who hate in the name of God, a small, but vocal minority bashing the military, though the vast majority do bash the mission currently bestowed on them, NEVER stay at home mom's.   Are you prepared to defend every stupid, or mis- statement of Limbaugh, Savage, O'Reilly, Coulter, Ingraham, the gay-bashing America hating baptist minister stalking our heroic soldier's funerals?   Are you trying to say there are no nutjobs on the right?  You are far too smart for that and are using a straw man argument to tar a political philosophy you disagree with.   But, what the heck, it is an anonymous internet forum, so bombast away, offering no interesting or creative solutions, just rants.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 02:36:04 PM »

true republicans are anti-war and pro-isolationism.  if democrats won't vote for Romney because of Iraq, maybe they will vote for that ron paul guy from texas who is a true republican.

my comment about "open-minded" democrats was sarcasm...they disguise they're views by calling themselves open minded but they never listen to the other side.  republicans are the same.  we are equally close-minded but for some reasons the libs call themselves open-minded because they are "more accepting."  well i can tell you from experience they sure as heck dont tolerate or even accept the conservative viewpoint...

as for both rudy and mitt, if i had my way i would vote for neither.  i would take brownback (a family first guy who everyone should just love), huckabee or ron paul as my republican candidate.  if it came down to rudy and hillary, i would be more objective since they are both for murdering the innocent and either not vote for either or probably vote for hillary since rudy is basically a dem (and yes im a republican).  hopefully it doesnt, because one of the biggest concerns in our country should be the fact that we murder more americans in a month (by abortion) than have been killed during our entire stint in Iraq (im not justifying Iraq by any means, that is for another day).

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 02:49:36 PM »
Chicos--I'm not talking about activists or shock jocks.  If you need to continually use Rosie O'Donnell or Al Sharpton to make your point, then you are really reaching.  I can quote Falwell, Coulter and Limbaugh all day long to paint the Republican party as disgusting villians.  But, I'm not an activist and do not believe that those people fairly represent the men and women who shape policy in the Republican party.  I'm talking about the policies and laws that are championed by both parties.    

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 03:05:59 PM »
Romney was elected Governor of one of the most Christian States in the country----namely Massachsetts.

Who care what he believes spiritually in his own life as long as the basic tenets of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is part of it!

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 03:16:05 PM »
murf i agree with you, religion really shouldnt be a big issue.

being from connecticut there are a few things i can share with you about people from MA.  warning sign 1, they also put kerry and ted kennedy in positions of authority.  MA is home to some of the looniest people in the world.  also im not sure if i would classify it as a christian state anymore...they may call themselves christian but many are non-practicing which to me means not christian. 

for all intents and purposes mitt seems like he is a great guy and he is doing all the right things so far.  but i am concerned that he has flip-flopped on some issues in the last 2 yrs, so i dont think he genuinely supports his new position.  he reminds me of a republican version of john kerry (but smarter and a better speaker).

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 03:37:24 PM »
Chicos--I'm not talking about activists or shock jocks.  If you need to continually use Rosie O'Donnell or Al Sharpton to make your point, then you are really reaching.  I can quote Falwell, Coulter and Limbaugh all day long to paint the Republican party as disgusting villians.  But, I'm not an activist and do not believe that those people fairly represent the men and women who shape policy in the Republican party.  I'm talking about the policies and laws that are championed by both parties.    

And here I thought I mentioned Pelosi, Kennedy, Kerry, Edwards, etc.

And yes, Falwell, Coulter, Limbaugh can easily be painted that way...but they aren't claiming to be tolerant either and that is the ENTIRE POINT.  One side claims to be tolerant but their words and actions scream what hypocrites they are.  I honestly don't see many Republicans claiming to be tolerant to be perfectly honest with you.  They don't claim to be intolerant either.  That's the rub....if you're going to scream up and down and say how "tolerant" you are, then you sure as hell better deliver.  I don't see it, instead I see blatant intolerance against people they don't agree with.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 03:39:25 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 06:46:40 AM »
that's what was said about african americans, too.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 08:12:14 AM »
that's what was said about african americans, too.

You just bumped a thread from 3.5 years ago for this? 

reinko

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 08:22:57 AM »
You just bumped a thread from 3.5 years ago for this? 

Wasn't Wiz, it was this raj84 character who bumped a bunch of them...

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 07:33:23 AM »
Wasn't Wiz, it was this raj84 character who bumped a bunch of them...

Did he get banned and his posts deleted or something?

Sorry for the false accusations, Jr.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 07:50:04 AM »
Yes .. spammers / bots occasionally register an account, find a thread that's somehow relevant (Romney in this case) and post a semi-relevant sentence, with a few links to their spam sites at the bottom.  That's why this 3 year old thread got bumped.   

reinko

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 08:00:49 AM »
Yes .. spammers / bots occasionally register an account, find a thread that's somehow relevant (Romney in this case) and post a semi-relevant sentence, with a few links to their spam sites at the bottom.  That's why this 3 year old thread got bumped.   

Awesom-O can spam any internet message board.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 08:54:13 AM »
Did he get banned and his posts deleted or something?

Sorry for the false accusations, Jr.
All is forgiven, skater.

feedback