collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: New 'Spanish Odonnells' Video  (Read 29518 times)

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
Re: New 'Spanish Odonnells' Video
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2010, 10:53:28 AM »
I'd be less embarrassed if the MU basketball was involved a sexting scandal.

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2010, 12:09:36 PM »
I generally agree with most of your points..but have to disagree here.  Can you clarify what you find so embarrassing about the video - a video that is made by kids, that shows great interaction between our bball players and students?  So often this type of dynamic does not exist at high-major basketball/football schools..where the students and athlets interact and collaborate.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course..but just want to better understand your point of view on the matter?
You ever see the south park episode where they make fun of high school musical?  There's a scene where cartman and his friend watch high school musical for the first time.  Cartman gets off the couch and says  "Well I;m out guys.  If this is whats cool now i think I'm done.  I no longer have any connection to the outside world."  This is how I feel about this video.  And when the president of the university send the entire marquette community an e-mail praising their song, and when they do another song in Marquettes closed off gym, with marquette gear, fully endorsed by marquette, they have become, whether you like it or not, a face of the university.  Do you really want this crap representing you?

flash

• Team Captain
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2010, 01:17:21 PM »
I usually support them, but that video is one of their worst.

MUWarrior11

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2010, 01:19:59 PM »
You ever see the south park episode where they make fun of high school musical?  There's a scene where cartman and his friend watch high school musical for the first time.  Cartman gets off the couch and says  "Well I;m out guys.  If this is whats cool now i think I'm done.  I no longer have any connection to the outside world."  This is how I feel about this video.  And when the president of the university send the entire marquette community an e-mail praising their song, and when they do another song in Marquettes closed off gym, with marquette gear, fully endorsed by marquette, they have become, whether you like it or not, a face of the university.  Do you really want this crap representing you?

A "face" of the University? That's crazy! I'm aware that the a prior video was on the Marquette.edu, but a FACE of the UNIVERSITY? Crazy.  Its three college kids having fun.  Do you really think other people in the college basketball world outside of MU know or care who the Spanish O'Donnells are? Do you really think this negatively affects the University in any way?  Perhaps you do, but I would surely differ.

Lighten up, everyone.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2010, 01:38:18 PM »
You ever see the south park episode where they make fun of high school musical?  There's a scene where cartman and his friend watch high school musical for the first time.  Cartman gets off the couch and says  "Well I;m out guys.  If this is whats cool now i think I'm done.  I no longer have any connection to the outside world."  This is how I feel about this video.  And when the president of the university send the entire marquette community an e-mail praising their song, and when they do another song in Marquettes closed off gym, with marquette gear, fully endorsed by marquette, they have become, whether you like it or not, a face of the university.  Do you really want this crap representing you?

When Jeffery Dahmer was in the news, and in every story, they said "Near the campus of Marquette University", that was bad for MU.

This youtube video is not bad for MU. And, if this (a mildly lame youtube video) is the biggest PR problem MU has, then they are doing an amazing job.

You need to relax and put things in perspective.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 02:20:11 PM by 2002MUalum »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2010, 01:42:54 PM »

It really doesn't bother me.  I think most people take it for what it is....kids who like their school, are creative, and like to have some fun.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2010, 09:59:29 PM »
I did some research and found a few little known facts about the Spanish O'Donnells...

- They're solely responsible for the BP oil leak.
- They brainwashed Jerel McNeal into taking bad shots in crunch time.
- They tore Ryan Grant's ankle tendon.
- They're hiding Bin Laden in their dorm room.
- They wouldn't let Ryan Amoroso join their boy band, which is why he transferred.
- They love and respect Tom Crean.
- They caused the North Avenue sinkhole.
- They convinced Fr. Wild that it would be a good PR move to offer a dean position to a lesbian and then revoke it.
- They pushed Lazar Hayward over the endline at the end of the Mizzou game.
- They shot JFK. You clearly never took the McAdams course
- They have man-crushes on Luke Harangody.
- They like the BCS.
- They're responsible for the bedbug epidemic.
- Income tax? Their idea.
- They're the reason Marquette doesn't have a football team.
- They find Bo Ryan endearing.
- They're harmless college kids having fun.

obligatory comment on this pure douchebaggish handsome personry

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2010, 12:07:17 PM »

It really doesn't bother me.  I think most people take it for what it is....kids who like their school, are creative, and like to have some fun.

"Creative" is a strong word to apply to these videos.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2010, 05:29:22 PM »
I hope they don't play this song at the games...
SS Marquette

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2010, 09:16:04 AM »
Can't these guys be normal college kids and create "Dayman" knock off videos?

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2010, 12:49:19 PM »
The Auto Tune was in complete over drive on that one.  WTF?

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2010, 11:23:01 AM »
I hope they don't play this song at the games...
Even worse, what if espn interviews these guys and puts there videos on tv when they televise our games.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2010, 12:12:30 PM »
Even worse, what if espn interviews these guys and puts there videos on tv when they televise our games.

Viewers will say, "Those guys are d-bags" and then go on living their lives without ever giving it a second thought.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2010, 11:49:52 AM »
You think the OD stuff is embarassing, doesn't even approach this level.

http://deadspin.com/5652064/if-you-didnt-hate-boise-state-yet-you-will-now

🏀

• All American
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2010, 05:14:22 PM »
You think the OD stuff is embarassing, doesn't even approach this level.

unnatural carnal knowledge it. I'm submitting Spanish O'Donnell's to Deadspin. They are just as bad.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2010, 06:44:43 PM »
 In advertising you learn try not be hip because by the time these adults advertisers use slang and stuff, it is already outdated.

Case in point here.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2010, 09:51:53 AM »
frack it. I'm submitting Spanish O'Donnell's to Deadspin. They are just as bad.

Just so you guys know, and for those of you fighting about wanting a football team or not, The Spanish Odonnells would give us stuff like this if MU had a team:

reinko

• All American
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2010, 02:30:25 PM »
frack it. I'm submitting Spanish O'Donnell's to Deadspin. They are just as bad.

Got your wish! 

http://deadspin.com/5654056/trio-of-bros-sing-about-marquette-basketball

🏀

• All American

reinko

• All American
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2010, 04:10:42 PM »
I'm so proud. Big day for me.

I have gotten a couple letters to the editor printed in the NY Times, and I am jealous of you.  Well done.

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2010, 10:31:54 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASa5coHA-q4&feature=player_embedded

The subject of this new video and the fact that it is prominently portrayed on Marquette's website http://www.marquette.edu/vote/ leads me to believe they are being hired by Marquette to do these vids. What other 21 year olds would spend valuable drinking time thinking up lyrics and learning terrible dance moves for a rock the vote video.

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2010, 01:36:52 PM »
Wow....embarassing.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2010, 12:14:44 PM »
Ha I love how worked up people get over this stuff. I find it funny that you guys actually care about something so small.

They probably were asked by the university. They were probably paid (although not much) by the university. If you were a broke college student, can you really say you wouldn't do the same thing if given the opportunity? This video was kinda stupid, but I still don't really understand all the hate directed towards these guys. They are MU students, lets cut them some slack.

If this is all we have to be embarrassed about, we're in pretty good shape. Its not like anyone is screwing waitresses in restaurants after closing time...

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2010, 11:29:15 AM »

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2010, 05:19:07 PM »
I hate Madison but Bucky's version is umpteen times better because it is original material.

feedback