'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Louisville/Gtown  (Read 1237 times)

HoopsMalone

• All American
Louisville/Gtown
« on: February 23, 2010, 08:51:18 PM »
I am conflicted on how I feel about Louisville losing at home to Georgetown. 

On the one had, Gtown is probably our best win so it will be nice to have a win against a team with as good of an RPI as possible. 

But, this year's Louisville team is not what it has been, and they always play well at the end of the year.  So, I was kind of hoping that they won tonight because it is not likely that they will lose many down the stretch.  I would have much rather this loss come in Milwaukee.  A hot Louisville who would have beaten Syracuse and Gtown is also a better looking win (or explainable loss) at the BC. 

dwaderoy2004

• All American
Re: Louisville/Gtown
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 09:25:50 PM »
I'm not sure why you think they will win a lot of games down the stretch.  They will be underdogs @uconn @mu and against cuse.  And, quite frankly,  they are not that good.  Take away the cuse win and they only have one other top 50 win.  They are a streak shooting team that can't score very well in the halfcourt.  Contain samuels, limit your turnovers and there's not much they can do to win.   We will beat them.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 10:20:46 PM »
Why in gods name would you be upset when the team fighting on the bubble with us and just ahead of us for 5th in conference standings lost? This loss was awesome. It sets up a do or die game on saturday for louisville and Uconn. Louisville virtually could lose all their remaining games. They dont have an easy road. MU still has to take care of buisness themselves though.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

LON

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 08:22:49 AM »
Why in gods name would you be upset when the team fighting on the bubble with us and just ahead of us for 5th in conference standings lost? This loss was awesome. It sets up a do or die game on saturday for louisville and Uconn. Louisville virtually could lose all their remaining games. They dont have an easy road. MU still has to take care of buisness themselves though.

+1

The more Louisville, Cinci, and ND lose the happier I am, no matter the conference standings implications.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 08:33:23 AM »
With a win tonight MU goes to 5th in the BE, just abgame out of 4th. Raise your hand if you saw that coming 3 months ago.

feedback