'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NJIT game thread  (Read 36816 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: NJIT game thread
« Reply #300 on: November 24, 2014, 10:26:33 PM »
We won!!
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #301 on: November 24, 2014, 10:27:06 PM »
Why doesn't Dawson play? In your estimation, why can't he get on the court?
Is there another reason except that he is transferring? Honest question.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #302 on: November 24, 2014, 10:27:35 PM »
Who said we would beat these losers by 20?

23 was my vote.  Thought last game would be a wake up call...it wasn't.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #303 on: November 24, 2014, 10:27:45 PM »
Take the win and run. We didn't deserve it tonight
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #304 on: November 24, 2014, 10:28:06 PM »
Take the 5 point win and run. Horrible game but a W is all that matters. Young guys should some will to lead at the end.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #305 on: November 24, 2014, 10:29:29 PM »
Who said we would beat these losers by 20?

I said 19. I thought the size advantage and a poor shooting team would equal a big victory. Clearly was mistaken
TAMU

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #306 on: November 24, 2014, 10:29:48 PM »

He isn't transferring as of yet, but after this 3 game benching - I have no doubt he'll be considering options.

My guess is that this is Wojo trying to "encourage" a transfer.  Gut tells me Wojo wants/feels he needs to get a burner type at PG and Noskwiak isn't that kid either (probably a very similar player to Dawson - good shooter, good feel for the game, but not a burner.)  So, Wojo probably trying to "free" a scholarship slot so he can recruit a prototypical PG as he prefers Duane off the ball too.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #307 on: November 24, 2014, 10:31:08 PM »
Duane showed a lot tonight

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #308 on: November 24, 2014, 10:31:47 PM »
My hope is that at some point something will click with this team.  There is something good there, but shots are not falling, the guards are getting to basket, the defense is suspect, but it has to get better, IMHO, it will

Shark

• All American
« Reply #309 on: November 24, 2014, 10:31:52 PM »
DODGED A BULLET.

I'm just gonna leave it at that.

(Other than the fact that Steve Taylor needs to start battling harder in the paint for this team)

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #310 on: November 24, 2014, 10:32:58 PM »
Wojo may not be learning fast enough. 

Needs to be more adaptive than at Duke.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #311 on: November 24, 2014, 10:35:33 PM »
Hey TAMU. What is your updated analysis of Derrick compared to Duane?  "Crickets"
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #312 on: November 24, 2014, 10:37:07 PM »

Duane is going to be a stud. Carlino and Derrick don't look even comparable to him in terms of life on the floor. Sorry to compare players, I know how that goes.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #313 on: November 24, 2014, 10:37:45 PM »
LOL - Yeah...totally flat footed.  :)

How is it that you never mention a single mistake by any other player yet point out everything that Derrick does wrong even when he secured an important rebound?

Just give it up already.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #314 on: November 24, 2014, 10:39:30 PM »

Nevada keeps making it sound like Dawson is the untapped talent on the bench. If that's true I want to know why 2 coaching staffs won't give him time.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #315 on: November 24, 2014, 10:47:08 PM »
How is it that you never mention a single mistake by any other player yet point out everything that Derrick does wrong even when he secured an important rebound?

Just give it up already.

Okay.  Sorry another poster found that flat footed rebound to be funny too.  And of course it was the worst person who could have rebounded the ball at that time, because as you saw, he got fouled immediately and proceeded to miss both FTs to run his shooting percentage from the FT line to a whopping 17% for the year.

Trust me, I could point out A LOT more instances of Derrick's shortcomings.  A LOT more. 
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #316 on: November 24, 2014, 10:50:41 PM »
Seriously, go look up Blake Bozeman. He is terrible but has played heavy minutes all 4 years for a Morgan State. His career minutes per game (29.1) is barely lower than his career shooting percentage (29.3%).

So what you're saying is that a guy with a similar game to Derrick doesn't deserve minutes for Morgan State. Agreed.

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #317 on: November 24, 2014, 10:51:00 PM »
Why doesn't Dawson play? In your estimation, why can't he get on the court?

Honestly, at this point I think any playing time for him is just a televised audition for another team. He doesn't have a role, the coaching staff must not have confidence in him or its just not a good fit for him here, he showed potential in the games he played last year so I won't say he can't play. he had his ups and downs like any other player but when we neede him and he played 30 minutes he showed up. Overall with the class coming in next year his best oppourtunity to play is probably with another team so even if they are up by 50 he won't see the floor. No fault of anyones, its Just how the cookie crumbles sometimes.... Best of of luck to him...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 10:57:33 PM by Nevada233 »

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #318 on: November 24, 2014, 10:57:47 PM »
Okay.  Sorry another poster found that flat footed rebound to be funny too.  And of course it was the worst person who could have rebounded the ball at that time, because as you saw, he got fouled immediately and proceeded to miss both FTs to run his shooting percentage from the FT line to a whopping 17% for the year.

Trust me, I could point out A LOT more instances of Derrick's shortcomings.  A LOT more. 

We are well aware of that fact but maybe if you took your eyes off off Derrick, you will realize why he is getting and will continue to get playing time. It is not because Wojo and him are similar players nor is it because Dawson is transferring.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #319 on: November 24, 2014, 11:10:36 PM »
We are well aware of that fact but maybe if you took your eyes off off Derrick, you will realize why he is getting and will continue to get playing time. It is not because Wojo and him are similar players nor is it because Dawson is transferring.

Huh?  So if I just ignored Derrick's performance/play I'd realize why he is getting and will continue getting playing time?

I do agree it is largely unsightly, however.  Duane, Carlino and yes, Dawson should be getting all of his minutes at this point.  He hasn't improved over last year..and he's not going to help this team win...nor is he part of the future.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #320 on: November 24, 2014, 11:50:02 PM »
Huh?  So if I just ignored Derrick's performance/play I'd realize why he is getting and will continue getting playing time?

I do agree it is largely unsightly, however.  Duane, Carlino and yes, Dawson should be getting all of his minutes at this point.  He hasn't improved over last year..and he's not going to help this team win...nor is he part of the future.

It is called options and if you were as good at basketball as you believe you are, you would have already figure that out and realized the limitations of the team at hand.  You also wouldn't be clinging to that hope that Dawson is going to overcome two coaches misplaced bias and take Marquette to the promised land. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #321 on: November 25, 2014, 12:08:06 AM »
But he was good enough to lead us to a victory on the road at GTown?  Score 6 against Providence, and a handful of other Big East teams.  2nd best D-Rating on the team last year.  Shoots 78% from FT line.  Showed a little midrange game?  

Then again given the astute basketball wisdom you showed last year highlighted in my signature - I shouldn't expect much better.

So Pomeroy doesn't assign O-Ratings to players with limited minutes, and you make sure to tell us how irrelevant Dawson's O-Rating from last year was because of that fact. Yet you can tout his D-Rating in the same small sample size?

I don't care who plays, I want the players who give MU the best chance to win on the court the most. Clearly, based on all the available evidence from the last season and this season, the two coaching staffs do not believe Dawson is one of those players. He may be in the future, and I hope he is and I hope it's at MU.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #322 on: November 25, 2014, 12:09:07 AM »
Hey TAMU. What is your updated analysis of Derrick compared to Duane?  "Crickets"

No crickets. I'm right here. He played a complete game tonight. Has looked like a really good player the last two games. You'll notice neither game he was the PG. Which is exactly what I said. Give Duane more playing time at SG, let Derrick backup Carlino. Derrick had a rough outing tonight for sure. Hopefully he can bounce back and Duane can continue this streak.
TAMU

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #323 on: November 25, 2014, 08:13:53 AM »
Derrick had a rough outing tonight for sure. Hopefully he can bounce back and Duane can continue this streak.

Derrick had a rough night offensively. He did a great job on #5 defensively. Really frustrated him.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #324 on: November 25, 2014, 08:16:59 AM »

I agree he did

feedback