[May 20, 2024, 11:10:42 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 20, 2024, 03:33:38 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[May 20, 2024, 05:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Which conference should MU be in?  (Read 6528 times)

THEGYMBAR

Re: Which conference should MU be in?
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2008, 09:53:31 AM »
nyg---great post. I agree completely that BE is where we want to be. Lets recruit BE caliber players and enjoy the ride. The conference does not allow for much down time. MU and Buzz really have a simple job. Keep up with the other teams in our conference. I do not think we are expecting anything more than what our peers are expecting.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2008, 11:21:02 AM »
I think that's what I said...it took 15 years to come back.  Believe me, I think I've said on many occassions that what happened after Al left was nothing but downhill....it started slowly, picked up speed and then the bottom absolutely dropped out.  But in terms of surviving, we didn't end up like Loyola, on the ashpile of programs probably forever now.  Or we didn't even end up as DePaul.

Agreed.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2008, 01:07:39 PM »
Well Niv, I guess this is the basis of our disagreement: 

You feel he is inexperienced, I feel he is a very experienced recruiter with an excellent x's and o's  staff to help him. 

You assert as fact that the school didn't do it's best in at least talking to candidates, I feel that they went down their list and after several declinations they interviewed and hired one of the remaining candidates who was high on that list.

I am glad you agree with me on the survivability if this is a bad hire.  As Al used to say, this isn't war or surgery, just a coffee break."  Glad you're priorities are in order.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2008, 01:33:18 PM »
I am glad MU is in the BEast and think they should stay.  IF......the BEast as we know it were to disband in a few years, with the football schools forming their own league, ONLY THEN would I consider an all basketball, all Catholic University league.   But right now, the BEast is the place for MU.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2008, 01:49:11 PM »
I am glad MU is in the BEast and think they should stay.  IF......the BEast as we know it were to disband in a few years, with the football schools forming their own league, ONLY THEN would I consider an all basketball, all Catholic University league.   But right now, the BEast is the place for MU.

Agreed...as long as MU is willing to put the commitment into it to be successful.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2008, 08:08:25 PM »
Well Niv, I guess this is the basis of our disagreement: 

You feel he is inexperienced, I feel he is a very experienced recruiter with an excellent x's and o's  staff to help him. 

You assert as fact that the school didn't do it's best in at least talking to candidates, I feel that they went down their list and after several declinations they interviewed and hired one of the remaining candidates who was high on that list.

I am glad you agree with me on the survivability if this is a bad hire.  As Al used to say, this isn't war or surgery, just a coffee break."  Glad you're priorities are in order.

No question he is inexperienced. Lets seed if he can recruit. If not, say goodnight for quite some time. It will take MU 4 years to get rid of him then rebuild all over again.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2008, 08:14:09 PM »
which, of course, would be true for whomever MU  hired.

Pardner

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2008, 08:44:31 PM »
BE=TV $$.  It has taken us 25+ years to climb back up to the big time, why retreat? Anywhere else (even as an indy), MU would play second fiddle to the B10.  ESPN is a kicker because of exposure and hype as seen in our whopping increase in applications/enrollments (40% of the seniors in my kid's hs applied to MU--Chicago, not Milwaukee--#1 school by far--amazing how hot MU is right now as a school choice).  This is all on Cords and TC.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2008, 11:52:35 PM »
Big East.

No football at MU....

Basketball RABID...

Duh decision.
SS Marquette

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2008, 07:22:48 AM »
Pardner---I agree MU has become a hot school and Dwade and TC are big reason for that. Being on ESPN a ton influences all high shool kids, not just just ball players. BE is great for MU and we need to compete to build on that excitement.

feedback