Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting - Buzz that good?  (Read 6852 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Recruiting - Buzz that good?
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2013, 01:17:58 PM »
No----the record setting Super Bowl MVP.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2013, 01:25:52 PM »
Sounds like Driver has similar thoughts as Jennings about the record setting SB MVP. Was very surprised to see critical remarks from Driver regarding AR.

Norm

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2013, 01:57:43 PM »
Norm

Politely disgaree on inner city Milwaukee kids thinking MU is a rich kids school. The MU/Buzz brand is definitely seen in different light in the inner city. Buzz has MU cool again and he relates to inner city kids better than anyone since Al.

Cool. Glad to hear that is the case.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 02:13:56 PM »
Some kids just want to go to college in a different city that they grew up in.

I think this nails it for many kids in Wisconsin

Sounds like Driver has similar thoughts as Jennings about the record setting SB MVP. Was very surprised to see critical remarks from Driver regarding AR.

I didn't interpret Driver's comments as critical of #12, I thought he was just explaining how he isn't always a CYA man if the receiver ran the wrong route
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 02:17:37 PM by Red Stripe »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2013, 02:21:55 PM »
I remember when the Cubs stole Andy MacPhail from the Twins. The thought was that if MacPhail could win two World Series pinching pennies for a small-market team, my goodness, how great would he be for a big-market team that has money to spend?

Well, we got the answer. So did Andy, who within a few years was labeled "MacFail" and was finally sent packing.

Sometimes, the grass isn't greener. Here's hoping Buzz realizes how great he has it at Marquette. Here's also hoping that everyone associated with MU realizes how lucky we are to have Buzz.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brandx

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2013, 06:56:57 PM »

They sound like a couple cowards to me - only willing to criticize AFTER they leave.

brandx

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2013, 07:01:07 PM »
Anyone not seeing what MUskie meant, Parrish is saying that Buzz has a cap at Marquette. That he can do well, but that if he had a major brand name school logo on his jacket he would be unstoppable. That if he took over Duke, Kansas, or UNC, he would be pulling in classes similar to or even better than what Calipari is getting at Kentucky.

A slight bit of hyperbole?

Calipari just got the best recruiting class ever - and you claim Buzz would do better!!!

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2013, 08:02:17 PM »
parish is saying buzz is his boy and if he can keep building him up and stay on his good side maybe buzz will take over a blue blood program and parish will have a friend in a higher place...giving him access others can't get at a program that has huge fan demand. 

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2013, 08:34:35 PM »
I remember when the Cubs stole Andy MacPhail from the Twins. The thought was that if MacPhail could win two World Series pinching pennies for a small-market team, my goodness, how great would he be for a big-market team that has money to spend?

Well, we got the answer. So did Andy, who within a few years was labeled "MacFail" and was finally sent packing.

Sometimes, the grass isn't greener. Here's hoping Buzz realizes how great he has it at Marquette. Here's also hoping that everyone associated with MU realizes how lucky we are to have Buzz.

Apples to Oranges comparison - Marquette has won it all in the last century.  The Cubs suck!  Their one hope was if MLB had allowed Cuban buy them.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2013, 08:35:29 PM »
A slight bit of hyperbole?

Calipari just got the best recruiting class ever - and you claim Buzz would do better!!!

No, I don't claim that. Parrish does.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.