Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [MJS Blog] Brian Wardle: Marquette basketball is at now is an elite level  (Read 12649 times)

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
Boxer - if you think Wardle is Marquette head coaching material you have a pretty low opinion of our program.

By the way, Wardle is one of my favorite MU players ever.

NCMUFan

• All American
Wow, slick hijack of the MJS Blog. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
Boxer - if you think Wardle is Marquette head coaching material you have a pretty low opinion of our program.

By the way, Wardle is one of my favorite MU players ever.

I don't have a low opinion I have a high opinion of Wardle's potential as a coach. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

wardle2wade

• All American
Can we correct the title of this thread?  My eyes bleed every time I try to read it.

Blackhat

• All American
I'm waiting for a Diener.

marquette20

• Starter
Wardle? Pfft.
Isn't it obvious by now that Shaka Smart ad Brad Stevens are just biding their time until the MU job opens up?

I know this is a joke but Shaka is intriguing to Marquette since he is from Madison

klyrish

• All American
I actually have to agree with Wardle on this. When I go and play ball at the park, most of the time I have on MU shorts or a shirt, and will get a lot of comments about the program. People in the basketball world definitely know who we are and that we are good.

My physical therapist today was like, "Oh, are you a Marquette fan?" as I wore one of my numerous Fanatics shirts to PT.

And I almost shat a brick. "YOU KNOW MARQUETTE?"

"Yeah, my husband went to CSU and LOVES Buzz Williams.Buzz was a great assistant there and my husband loves what he's done with Marquette." We then talked a bit about CSU and how tough a draw they got but how awesome it is that the program is starting to get good.

I was so happy I couldn't stop smiling the rest of the session. :D

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

I hope not.  Red flags all over and not much by the way of results.

I love Brian, he played at MU when I was at MU's employ.  Really good guy, but not even close to being ready for this job if it opens up.

Gregg Marshall, Shaka Smart are the first two calls I would make.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
My physical therapist today was like, "Oh, are you a Marquette fan?" as I wore one of my numerous Fanatics shirts to PT.

I was so happy I couldn't stop smiling the rest of the session. :D

Thinking about that Happy Ending?

Death on call

CTWarrior

• All American
It may be an exaggeration, but I think few would dispute that 3 S16's in a row has significantly elevated the national presence of Marquette. 

I don't think it does significantly.  Xavier made three in a row 2008-10.  I don't know how significantly their national presence was elevated.  Final Fours are what ultimately do it.  We're already thought of as a team that is in the tournament every year.  The next level is a team that is considered a threat to win it, and I don't think we've reached that plateau.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

feedback