[May 20, 2024, 11:10:42 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 20, 2024, 03:33:38 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[May 20, 2024, 05:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tokoto not seriously considering MU?  (Read 6927 times)

willie wampum

• Scholarship Player
Tokoto not seriously considering MU?
« on: February 18, 2011, 09:53:02 AM »
On 1250 AM this morning, they had on their high school bball reporter and he said he had heard that Tokoto isn't seriously considering MU and the morning host said he heard the same thing and was surprised they're out of the running.

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
Re: Tokoto not seriously considering MU?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 09:54:38 AM »
OMG...please consider the source.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 09:55:45 AM »
My lord, 1250 being antagonistic to Marquette? Heavens to Murgatroid!
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 10:02:29 AM »
On 1250 AM this morning, they had on their high school bball reporter and he said he had heard that Tokoto isn't seriously considering MU and the morning host said he heard the same thing and was surprised they're out of the running.

Is he repeating the story last month that we were not in his top 5, which his father then refuted.

And, three weeks ago, and after that story, he sat next the Juan Anderson at the Syracuse game and had nothing but glowing things to say about Buzz.

His action do not square with this fourth hand info.  Now, he may not chose MU, but does that mean he is not considering it.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 10:13:33 AM »
He will consider MU to the end and Wisconsin, no doubt about it.  I would not see him committing
until November.  Why would he want hassle from anybody if he picks NC or others.  I just hope he
stays in the state, I think he will.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 10:17:11 AM »
Badger BB supporters are some of the most deluded folks alive.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 10:21:36 AM »
Uh oh. Don't know if this is true, but could it have anything to do with our most recent performance? Hope not.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 10:25:07 AM »
Uh oh. Don't know if this is true, but could it have anything to do with our most recent performance? Hope not.

Well if he watched Wisconsin choke at Purdue, then they are out too.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 10:33:04 AM »
Save the cousin's friend's hairdresser' brother said insults. I know a kid he's played AAU ball with since 6th or 7th grade. He says Tokoto really likes Buzz, but he's not very serious about MU. MU seems to be more of a fall back position. This isn't a recent revelation, I've been hearing it for a few years now. Obviously, I hope they're wrong.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 10:38:26 AM »
MU seems to be more of a fall back position.

Why would he need a fall back position?  He's getting in wherever he damn well pleases.  I am debunking this comment!

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 10:41:44 AM »
Why would he need a fall back position?  He's getting in wherever he damn well pleases.  I am debunking this comment!

+1

Fallback from what?

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 10:43:55 AM »
My lord, 1250 being antagonistic to Marquette? Heavens to Murgatroid!

What media outlet is the reporter from? And, if he's outside of 1250, what motivation would he have to be antagonistic to MU?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 10:44:41 AM »

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 11:00:57 AM »

You've made a premature debunking.

It's not a fall back for getting in.  Its a fall back in case someplace like UNC lands a player better than him and he doesn't want to be 2nd on the depth chart.

For example, if UNC lands Shabazz Muhammad--a consensus top 5 player at the same position--Tokoto may no longer want to attend UNC, even if it was his first choice.  He might choose a fall back position instead.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 11:05:01 AM »
You've made a premature debunking.

It's not a fall back for getting in.  Its a fall back in case someplace like UNC lands a player better than him and he doesn't want to be 2nd on the depth chart.

For example, if UNC lands Shabazz Muhammad--a consensus top 5 player at the same position--Tokoto may no longer want to attend UNC, even if it was his first choice.  He might choose a fall back position instead.

I don't mean to get into parsing words but what you describe is a "second choice".  Fall back means all preferred choices are not available and all that is left is a lesser choice lacking any other option.  It is highly unlikely that all the teams ahead of MU either do not want him or recruit over him and that leaves him with just MU as his only option (fallback).

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 11:07:49 AM »
Debunk me Boylan, I'm just telling you what I've heard for awhile. It doesn't sound that absurd to me, but I'm an MU Comm major. I've watched him play a few times last year and this year. Granted, his team isn't the best, but he looks like a different player from last year. I'm no expert by any means, but what if Roy or K don't see his game progressing over an extended period of visits, and they see some guy that is blowing up and over-recruit his position? What if the schools he loves right now, fall out of love with him and change up their recruiting strategy? If he loved NC and Duke, but the situation changed and he knew he still had solid choices UW or MU, wouldn't that qualify as a fall back position?

willie wampum

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 11:09:54 AM »
What media outlet is the reporter from? And, if he's outside of 1250, what motivation would he have to be antagonistic to MU?

He does high school reports for the station and hosts a show about high school bball, too.  He had Tokoto and his dad on his show a few weeks ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if had some accurate info.

Just the little scuttlebutt I've heard has UNC and UW the top two choices.  But that's just from talk at high school games.

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 11:10:07 AM »
Tokoto, his parents and his AAU coach are visiting UNC this weekend along with Koenig and his parents.

In the last few days there have been some strong hints on the UNC premium board from "insiders" about Tokoto that is fueling rampant speculation that he will commit this weekend.

Roy has several offers out and they all are "first come-first served"...

JP Rose (PG from Texas) recently stated that UNC had been his first choice when Marcus Paige decided to accept the schollie offer and eliminate Rose from the hunt. Many believe that Tokoto is starting to understand/fear that if he doesn't commit soon the spot will be filled by another player.

This will be interesting to watch.

Edited to add...Tokoto would not preclude Shabazz Mohammed from accepting a spot....both are being highly sought/recruited by Roy and both would have the opportunity for PT.  Tokoto and Mohammed would however eliminate several others who are under consideration. Mohammed makes his third unofficial visit on March 5th I believe.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 11:14:36 AM by texaswarrior74 »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 11:20:41 AM »
I don't mean to get into parsing words but what you describe is a "second choice".  Fall back means all preferred choices are not available and all that is left is a lesser choice lacking any other option.

Translation:  I don't mean to get into parsing words, but I'm going to parse words.

If you don't "mean" to, don't.

Or are you saying that the word parsing was an accident?  Because as long as we're parsing words, I'm not sure "mean" was the correct choice...unless you're saying it was an accident.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 11:24:19 AM »
With all these "myths" cropping up constantly, you cats still don't believe they have some legit merit? Don't forget that the Tokoto camp is well versed in public relations and has witnessed several others screw up their local p.r.
I'm figurin' it's a two horse race between Bucky and Roy.
BTW, doubt that Koenig is seriously considering' us either.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 11:56:23 AM »
With all these "myths" cropping up constantly, you cats still don't believe they have some legit merit? Don't forget that the Tokoto camp is well versed in public relations and has witnessed several others screw up their local p.r.
I'm figurin' it's a two horse race between Bucky and Roy.
BTW, doubt that Koenig is seriously considering' us either.

+1 on Tokoto.  Not sure on Koenig

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 12:19:30 PM »
Koenig is a stud. Him and Showalter (from Germantown) seem like prototypical UW guys. Remind me a little of Deiner.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 12:59:30 PM »
I can't remember for sure, but weren't we always kind of in and out of the Vander recruitment according to the Wisconsin media after his decommitment from UW? I may be grasping a bit at straws and those that have close connections to him might be hearing we don't have a great shot obviously know more than me, but who knows where some of these people in the media are getting their info from.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 01:14:11 PM »
I can't remember for sure, but weren't we always kind of in and out of the Vander recruitment according to the Wisconsin media after his decommitment from UW? I may be grasping a bit at straws and those that have close connections to him might be hearing we don't have a great shot obviously know more than me, but who knows where some of these people in the media are getting their info from.

With every recruit that Buzz has ever been on there has been a ton of disinformation.  It was much easier to follow MU recruiting when Crean was coach.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 01:47:09 PM »
With every recruit that Buzz has ever been on there has been a ton of disinformation.  It was much easier to follow MU recruiting when Crean was coach.

Well, that's because we didn't have to follow any recruiting of big men.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback