Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by wadesworld
[Today at 04:36:45 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:18:45 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[Today at 04:14:43 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by PJDunn
[Today at 03:14:56 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 03:01:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by GOO
[Today at 02:58:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: PGA Championship  (Read 12849 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: PGA Championship
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2018, 05:15:39 PM »
Effing Koepka.

Oh well, was fun while it lasted. Guess it's time to actually start my Sunday.
Koepka needed that birdie
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2018, 05:17:38 PM »
We will be seeing this image later today...

Only if you repost the picture.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2018, 05:21:17 PM »
So many Tiger haters here.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2018, 05:21:54 PM »
Always have been.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2018, 05:22:25 PM »
Over - congrats to Koepka, props to Scott and Tiger.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2018, 05:23:15 PM »
I love Tiger, he's a neighbor-ish. His mom lives a stone's throw from my neighborhood.
More commenting on the unrealistic expectations of people here.
Brooks is solid.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2018, 05:23:35 PM »
Tiger absolutely needed the eagle to have a chance.

Koepka gonna get his 4th tour win. 3 majors. Impressive.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2018, 05:30:13 PM »
Interesting interview with Justin Thomas, he noted this was the first time he experienced how the crowd gets behind Tiger in a major.

Koepka is a stone cold machine , who has no memory hole to hole. Very impressive.
            ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2018, 05:32:09 PM »
At some point, Koepka is going to say that he was motivated by being disrespected by the Tiger hype machine.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2018, 05:33:17 PM »

Tiger this year has been like the Tebow effect.  Its cool that he's playing well, his comeback has been remarkable, but people are acting like he's still Thanos.  Its fun to have him in contention and see the young studs go against him, but the constant hyperbole and unrealistic expectations surrounding him are tiring.

Koepka is a Terminator.  His mistakes today have  been missing birdie putts.  And then he responded when he needed to.  Pretty steely.  Glad to see Adam Scott sticking around too.  Always been a fan.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2018, 05:40:11 PM »

So many haters? Who? I was rooting for him like crazy, and I think most here were too. I saw zero Tiger hate on the board.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2018, 05:50:50 PM »
Tiger ended up -14. Had a great day and fought hard. Tied for the lowest round of the day with a 64 which I thought he had to shoot to win. Not much more you could ask of him.

Koepka has the mental discipline to compete against the likes of Tiger and he can back it up with a a powerful athletic swing that is repeatable. It was great to see Adam Scott back in the hunt.

---Al McGuire

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2018, 06:48:30 PM »

Not sure that is the case.  More people rooting against him because of Herman Cain's ridiculous statements.

But quietly enjoying his performance.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2018, 07:02:57 PM »
i have gained more respect for tiger in the last few years than i had of him his first twenty-some.  the guy was always great at golf.  he just wasn't as good at life.  please understand that i do not mean this out of animosity or dislike.  he, unfortunately needed some tough times to humble him.  just look at his interviews, his approach-ability today.  when the crowd erupted at his approach shot on #15 coming off the bogart, it forced water out of his eyes-that was the shot of the day!!  both the golf shot and the look on his face
don't...don't don't don't don't

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2018, 07:04:47 PM »
Not sure that is the case.  More people rooting against him because of Herman Cain's ridiculous statements.

But quietly enjoying his performance.

Yeah, I don't even think they were rooting against Tiger - just pointing out facts from Tiger's past history that made Herman's assertions and predictions illogical.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2018, 07:27:56 PM »
Wonder what the TV ratings are gonna look like. Have to imagine they're going to be through the roof.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2018, 07:30:14 PM »
Yeah, I don't even think they were rooting against Tiger - just pointing out facts from Tiger's past history that made Herman's assertions and predictions illogical.

Correct.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2018, 09:12:06 PM »
I'm not much of a golf guy but these last two majors have been fun.  If his game stays together, Tiger has a real shot at one next year.  I'm looking forward to seeing if he can turn it on in the Ryder cup.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2018, 09:16:30 PM »

Yeah, rooting against him is the wrong phrase.

I personally think Tiger is a terrible human being, but he's the GOAT, and it was exciting to seem him perform well and I was rooting for him to pull it off.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2018, 09:30:26 PM »
And LXXXII went ta a stupid movie write 'bout now, hey?

1. I actually was able to stay in front of the TV just long enough to see Tiger blow up on No. 17 while Koepka was nailing his tee shot on No. 16 to birdie distance. Koepka already had a 2-stroke lead, so I was quite confident he was going to win when I got in the car.

Butt eye uhpreeshee8 ur cuhnsern.

2. BlacKKKlansman was not stupid, it was amazing. I highly recommend that all non-racists see it. Racists probably won't like it much, even though it did include whites calling blacks every epithet in the book and treating blacks like shyte, so they can get their jollies from that.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2018, 10:30:15 PM »
At some point, Koepka is going to say that he was motivated by being disrespected by the Tiger hype machine.
Good article about Koepka on the general topic of him being disrespected.
https://www.golf.com/the-knockdown/2018/08/13/brooks-koepka-overpowers-bellerive-wins-pga-championship
            ---Al McGuire

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2018, 01:01:27 AM »
Good article about Koepka on the general topic of him being disrespected.
https://www.golf.com/the-knockdown/2018/08/13/brooks-koepka-overpowers-bellerive-wins-pga-championship

On an episode of Inside the PgaTour during his rookie year on the PGA Tour, when discussing cutting his teeth on unkempt courses in Kuala Lumpur, Kazakhstan, and other far-off lands....he confessed to developing an affinity for the taste of horse meat. This NORTHERN DANCER colt can never root for him until he swears off equine gastronomy. I'm no  PETA fan, but this is sickening to me...right there with dog meat consumption. Horses are just too amazing, intelligent, and athletic, and give too much to human handlers... to ever end up on anyone's dinner plate.

That said, he is one hell of a horse out there. Physically imposing, but his mental game may surpass in-his-prime Tiger. Probably a decent guy too. Just can't root for him after seeing that feature.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2018, 05:46:32 AM »
I'm not much of a golf guy but these last two majors have been fun.  If his game stays together, Tiger has a real shot at one next year.  I'm looking forward to seeing if he can turn it on in the Ryder cup.

I'm hoping he'll take it easy through the FedEx to be fresh for the Ryder Cup.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2018, 08:33:20 AM »
GOAT

(Now hit a god damn fairway)

Wait ... Nicklaus wasn't even playing!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2018, 08:44:29 AM »