Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Man, the Big Ten truly is the best conference teaching life lessons  (Read 13120 times)

Mayor McCheese

• All American
Trevor Mbakwe, arrested earlier in the week, doesn't miss a game.

Stay classy Tubby Smith, stay classy.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: Man, the Big Ten truly is the best conference teaching life lessons
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 08:17:42 PM »
Trevor Mbakwe, arrested earlier in the week, doesn't miss a game.

Stay classy Tubby Smith, stay classy.

What was the reason to suspend him? It was stupid, that is all. He wrote a nice message to a lady clearly with a lot of problems. It was her fault he wasn't blocked on FB anyways. Mbakwe didnt violate a single team rule either.

Tubby has suspended White, Mbakwe, Nolan, Joseph and benched several players for other poor actions(iverson/williams this year and westbrook/nolan last year). You lose.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 08:25:11 PM »
What was the reason to suspend him? It was stupid, that is all. He wrote a nice message to a lady clearly with a lot of problems.

Or, you know, established contact with (see: harassed) a woman he was legally prohibited from interacting with as a result of his own prior indiscretions.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 08:26:55 PM »
What was the reason to suspend him? It was stupid, that is all. He wrote a nice message to a lady clearly with a lot of problems. It was her fault he wasn't blocked on FB anyways. Mbakwe didnt violate a single team rule either.

Tubby has suspended White, Mbakwe, Nolan, Joseph and benched several players for other poor actions(iverson/williams this year and westbrook/nolan last year). You lose.

He was arrested?  I'm sure in the team rules it states "Don't get arrested", or maybe thats an unwritten rule

To state that getting arrested is not breaking team rules is ridiculous.

I don't lose, Its absurd he doesn't miss a game for this infraction against the law.  Usually if its against the law, it should be against the team rules.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

reinko

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 08:29:44 PM »
Ah yes!  IT WAS HER FAULT BECAUSE SHE DIDNT BLOCK HIM ON FACEBOOK!

Good christ, what an epic representation of MU you are.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 08:31:25 PM »

"A lady clearly with a lot of problems?" What were her "problems" other than Mbakwe? Violating a court order doesn't rise to the level of breaking a team rule? Wow.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 08:31:57 PM »
Not sure about everyone here but getting arrested is not a good thing for a fighter pilot. Kind of makes keeping your security clearance a bit difficult...

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 08:33:09 PM »
Ah yes!  IT WAS HER FAULT BECAUSE SHE DIDNT BLOCK HIM ON FACEBOOK!

Good christ, what an epic representation of MU you are.

If you have a goddam restraining order against someone you dont make it so they have access to your public webage dumbass. He should have been blocked if she wanted no contact just about every ESPN analysts agrees but you're right Ill go with the random nobody with no background of the situation.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 08:33:26 PM »
And I thought he posted through a mutual friend. I understand it was only facebook.  It was still violating a court order.  You would think by now he would have had enough of the legal system. 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 08:34:14 PM »
Did he call her a "Urinator?" Now that is serious

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 08:34:42 PM »
"A lady clearly with a lot of problems?" What were her "problems" other than Mbakwe? Violating a court order doesn't rise to the level of breaking a team rule? Wow.

Her problems? Idk maybe whatever they were that Trevor wrote to her making sure she was doing alright. Did you even read the message he wrote?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 08:36:18 PM »
And I thought he posted through a mutual friend. I understand it was only facebook.  It was still violating a court order.  You would think by now he would have had enough of the legal system. 

No, he did it on his page through a message. So while they are not "friends" on FB he was able to message her because she was foolish enough to not block the one man she apparently feels threatend to be near. Only person dumber than Trevor is the broad.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 08:38:44 PM »
Law says: Don't contact this person.
Mbakwe: Contacts the individual.
Law: Arrests Mbakwe for violating the law.
HH32: Girl's fault

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 08:43:37 PM »
Law says: Don't contact this person.
Mbakwe: Contacts the individual.
Law: Arrests Mbakwe for violating the law.
HH32: Girl's fault

You make Forrest Gump seem intellegent. I said Trevor was stupid for even making the comment, she was just as dumb for allowing it to be possible. If she went through all the trouble for restraining order against a man she deemed "dangerous" to her, she couldnt take the time to click 2 buttons and make it impossible for him to reach her? You now join her level of stupidity.

Noone with any experience or profession in the college basketball world has a single problem with the Gophers letting him play. Im sorry but im going with credibility on this one.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 08:49:21 PM »
Ok.  You win.

Your logic that no one at the Minnie basketball program wants their best player disciplined right before a huge game against a ranked opponent.  That logic is infallible.

BTW, you are from Minnie right, have a bunch of family and friends that have gone there, and have noted that Minnie is a favorite team of yours right?  Well, here at MU chief we have standards. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 08:51:50 PM »
Ok.  You win.

Your logic that no one at the Minnie basketball program wants their best player disciplined right before a huge game against a ranked opponent.  That logic is infallible.

BTW, you are from Minnie right, have a bunch of family and friends that have gone there, and have noted that Minnie is a favorite team of yours right?  Well, here at MU chief we have standards. 

Good call, again you cannot read. All of ESPN and there team of analysts and writers I said had no problem with him playing. Im not talking Minnesota people. So, if people with real knowledge have no problem I think its fine Tubby plays him after suspending player after player as it is with transfer after transfer to discipline.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 08:52:05 PM »
Why should she need to block him?  That's what the damn restraining order is for (or so she thought.) And who cares what people in the basketball profession think.  Common sense is good enough for me, I don't really need expert opinion on this one.  Guess we can agree to disagree. 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 08:54:31 PM »
Did he call her a "Urinator?" Now that is serious
Hey, I resemble that remark!

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 08:58:16 PM »
Why should she need to block him?  That's what the damn restraining order is for (or so she thought.) And who cares what people in the basketball profession think.  Common sense is good enough for me, I don't really need expert opinion on this one.  Guess we can agree to disagree. 

Clearly everyone on these boards. Thats why theres some different thread about what ESPN writers or analysts say regarding MU or other teams in the BE. So you only choose to listen to them when convienent?

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 08:58:45 PM »
Hey, I resemble that remark

There is nothing more hateful than to be branded a "Urinator"

chapman

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 09:00:37 PM »
I'm sure it would also be ok if Trevor went inside her home.  The no contact agreement be damned, so long as the door was unlocked he would be safe in assuming she wanted him there.

Tell me how ESPN analysts have "real knowledge" of this situation that anyone else doesn't?  Because they're on television and understand the game of basketball they can tell us when to discipline or not discipline players who get arrested?  Perhaps they could revise their titles to say "ESPN College Basketball Analyst and Ethicist".

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 09:04:18 PM »
I'm sure it would also be ok if Trevor went inside her home.  The no contact agreement be damned, so long as the door was unlocked he would be safe in assuming she wanted him there.

Tell me how ESPN analysts have "real knowledge" of this situation that anyone else doesn't?  Because they're on television and understand the game of basketball they can tell us when to discipline or not discipline players who get arrested?  Perhaps they could revise their titles to say "ESPN College Basketball Analyst and Ethicist".

Try, the fact that they cover the situation and do follow ups that you dont do from your couch big guy. Try the fact that all of them at 1 point either played or coached in college basketball so if they have no problems with the fact hes playing it means most of the league more than likely doesnt have a problem with it. So yeah, the knowledge matters.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 09:06:32 PM »
I to listen to them when I want to know about basketball.  As I said before, I require no expert opinion on this issue. If I wanted an expert's opinion on this I would ask a cop or a lawyer, not Digger Phelps.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 09:10:44 PM »
I to listen to them when I want to know about basketball.  As I said before, I require no expert opinion on this issue. If I wanted an expert's opinion on this I would ask a cop or a lawyer, not Digger Phelps.

I thought Digger flat out knows the law?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 09:11:16 PM »

So a cop or lawyer is going to tell you if a man should be allowed to play a game of basketball? Rather than the guys who have been around the game there whole lives and seen what has and hasnt gotten people suspended throughout the years?

Lots of winners on this board.