[Today at 09:14:48 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Arizona Star Ruled Ineligible  (Read 1281 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Arizona Star Ruled Ineligible
« on: February 22, 2018, 06:24:18 PM »
Allonzo Trier was ruled ineligible by the NCAA for testing positively for PEDs. This is his second time being busted for PEDs. Last time he wasn't allowed to play until the drug cleared out if his system which took 19 games.

Can't remember the last time a college basketball player was busted for PEDs. Will Arizona face additional sanctions or is the assumption that he acted alone?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
Re: Arizona Star Ruled Ineligible
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 07:19:24 PM »
Allonzo Trier was ruled ineligible by the NCAA for testing positively for PEDs. This is his second time being busted for PEDs. Last time he wasn't allowed to play until the drug cleared out if his system which took 19 games.

Can't remember the last time a college basketball player was busted for PEDs. Will Arizona face additional sanctions or is the assumption that he acted alone?
It's the NCAA....i would not be surprised if he is reinstated and AZ is allowed to play post season because of their very rational appeal........ they are "appealing the suspension for the positive test, which the school argues is not a result of renewed PED use, but a residual trace of the steroid Ostarine in Trier’s system from 2016."

I'm no Dr. but this does not pass my "rational thought" lens (again, that means the NCAA is going to allow them to play and will do something to the team in 2020).  Also, Guinness BOWR is looking for a new 'lowest metabolism ever recorded' category.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 09:15:34 PM »
More to the story than that, this second test is more than likely a a second positive for the original ingestion. These types of drugs can show up on tests years later. He's been tested nonstop this season and didn't pop a test until a month ago and it was very trace.

Not saying he didn't do it but that there is definitely a possibility he didn't
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 09:41:32 PM »
My skepticism and cynicism have been checked...thank you for the info.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 09:42:09 PM »
Jake Arrieta plays basketball hey?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 09:43:19 PM »
Matt Mortensen?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 03:47:24 PM »
Shaq’s kid decides Az ain’t for him...musta been over the salary cap, enn’a?🤔

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22567755/shareef-oneal-decommits-arizona-wildcats-amid-fbi-probe
don't...don't don't don't don't